Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would prefer a return to the status quo from before "Flashpoint". But then, that's just me.

BANNED

The Kents are in their late 40's-early 50's when they find the spaceship. Doctor Fate and several others sense this is the beginning of something great and they secretly help the adoption go through. Clark operated as a proto-Superboy. No costume, but a series of legends about unexpected saves. He meets the Legion as a teenager and spends a summer in the future. Pa Kent dies of a heart attack as Clark enters college. While in college, Clark spent his breaks and vacations traveling the world, seeing first hand the best and worst of humanity. The costume he eventually adopts is based on the historical records he finds onboard his ship.

Superman is the real persona. It is what he was raised to be by the Kents. Superman is kind, caring and smart. He sees the best in people and will always give someone a second (or third) chance to do the right thing. He's glimpsed the future and knows what a wondrous place it is. He wants us all to get there. Never mistake the kindness for weakness, he is the toughest person you will ever meet.

Clark is the disguise. He is quiet and somewhat socially awkward. He doesn't stand out in the crowd.

Lois Lane is a celebrity. Her articles for the Daily Planet are renowned for their honesty, as she is a horrible liar. She never backs down and speaks her own mind about anything. She once made Bill O'Reilly cry on air and has been banned from most news channels since. She has written several bestselling books about the rise of the Super Heroes. She has been courted by the rich and powerful, stars and royalty. But her heart only beats for Superman. Their relationship is rocky. They love each other, but things get in the way. Like she knows Clark is Superman, but he won't admit it and she can't catch him and prove it. She has no doubt that someday they will be together, but for now what they can get is enough. Constantly in the thick of things and can usually get out again. When she can't, Superman is there.

Jimmy Olsen is Mr Action. He gets into adventure after adventure and life is never dull. Enjoys living for the moment.

Metropolis is the city of tomorrow. What would be out of this world for anywhere else is mundane there.

Take a heap of Doctor Who, add in a 30's Sci-Fi helping and mix it together with optimism and action and you've got a great Superman start.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    The Kents are in their late 40's-early 50's when they find the spaceship. Doctor Fate and several others sense this is the beginning of something great and they secretly help the adoption go through. Clark operated as a proto-Superboy. No costume, but a series of legends about unexpected saves. He meets the Legion as a teenager and spends a summer in the future. Pa Kent dies of a heart attack as Clark enters college. While in college, Clark spent his breaks and vacations traveling the world, seeing first hand the best and worst of humanity. The costume he eventually adopts is based on the historical records he finds onboard his ship.

Superman is the real persona. It is what he was raised to be by the Kents. Superman is kind, caring and smart. He sees the best in people and will always give someone a second (or third) chance to do the right thing. He's glimpsed the future and knows what a wondrous place it is. He wants us all to get there. Never mistake the kindness for weakness, he is the toughest person you will ever meet.

Clark is the disguise. He is quiet and somewhat socially awkward. He doesn't stand out in the crowd.

Lois Lane is a celebrity. Her articles for the Daily Planet are renowned for their honesty, as she is a horrible liar. She never backs down and speaks her own mind about anything. She once made Bill O'Reilly cry on air and has been banned from most news channels since. She has written several bestselling books about the rise of the Super Heroes. She has been courted by the rich and powerful, stars and royalty. But her heart only beats for Superman. Their relationship is rocky. They love each other, but things get in the way. Like she knows Clark is Superman, but he won't admit it and she can't catch him and prove it. She has no doubt that someday they will be together, but for now what they can get is enough. Constantly in the thick of things and can usually get out again. When she can't, Superman is there.

Jimmy Olsen is Mr Action. He gets into adventure after adventure and life is never dull. Enjoys living for the moment.

Metropolis is the city of tomorrow. What would be out of this world for anywhere else is mundane there.

Take a heap of Doctor Who, add in a 30's Sci-Fi helping and mix it together with optimism and action and you've got a great Superman start.
    Sounds pretty good to me overall, except I'd add Maggin's Lex to the equation.

And not many others have mentioned Jimmy. I, too, like the Mr. Action version.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Hey, I like that.

Stop. Rebooting. Superman.
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.

BANNED

Hmm. I missed the villains.

Lex Luthor. Lex is the smartest man on the planet. He knew Clark in Smallville, but refuses to acknowledge anything that happened before the day he set foot on the streets of Metorpolis. Lexcorp came about because he kept making money without really trying by and this was the easiest way to manage it. Lex hates Superman because Superman overshadowed Lex. The horrible thing is that Lex and Superman together would have created a civilization that would have spread throughout the stars for a thousand years of peace and scientific advancement.

Bizarro is basically a four year old. He's not inherently evil. His twisted view of the world makes it hard for him to be here. Like any toddler, he is easily frustrated and throws temper tantrums that could destroy cities. Superman must take the role of a parent and send him back off to Bizarro World with as little collateral damage as possible. There are times when he can be a good person and really likes Lois and Jimmy.

Brainiac is the creature from hell. A living computer program who takes a variety of forms, he wants to assimilate all the knowledge of the universe, taking the best part of each civilization he encounters (like the shrunken city of Kandor) and rebuild the universe in his own image. While even one circuit survies, Brainiac will continue his mission. On Earth, he has a network of downtrodden computer proficient followers to help him do his bidding.

The Phantom Zone: Jor-El did not create the Zone, he merely discovered it. For eons, the civilizations of the universe have dumped their unwanted problems in the Zone. So when a portal is opened into it, the criminal element of a thousand worlds are poised to escape, many of them more horrible then the Kryptonian prisoners.

I also have the beginnings of a few stories.

In the end of World War II, there was a device called the Bell, that was supposed to be a time/space machine. What if Nazi leaders used it to escape to another planet? One that adopted to Nazi rule? When a contingent of rebels get a message to Earth, Superman, Lois and Jimmy must travel the stars to save them.

While working in the archives of the Planet, Jimmy comes across an unsolved case from the 1930's. Using the journal of Slam Bradley, Clark Lois and Jimmy must reach through the decades to find the truth.

Superman vs the Westboro Baptist Church.

An alien comes to Earth to make Lady Gaga his queen. Superman must let him down gently without starting an interplanetary war.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

As others have said, the New 52 Superman reboot is pretty ideal.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

O look, it's this thread again..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    As others have said, the New 52 Superman reboot is pretty ideal.
    Agreed. If I could change the reboot I would have it the same way minus the first 12 Superman issues. But props to DC for changing creative teams around to find the right voice for the character. I think Morrison, Johns, Lobdell, some more than other have all done well in building and shaping Superman so far, regardless of hiccups with creative teams. And it's still very early, so many more things to come. Snyder/Lee can only bring good to it. So yea, this reboot is ideal. It's hard for some people to accept that and these threads keep popping up every so often.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 12-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.

In the future, everyone will reboot Superman for fifteen minutes.

Why the hell would I want to "reboot" (terrible word) the Superman franchise?

Hmm. I missed the villains.

Lex Luthor. Lex is the smartest man on the planet. He knew Clark in Smallville, but refuses to acknowledge anything that happened before the day he set foot on the streets of Metorpolis. Lexcorp came about because he kept making money without really trying by and this was the easiest way to manage it. Lex hates Superman because Superman overshadowed Lex. The horrible thing is that Lex and Superman together would have created a civilization that would have spread throughout the stars for a thousand years of peace and scientific advancement.

Bizarro is basically a four year old. He's not inherently evil. His twisted view of the world makes it hard for him to be here. Like any toddler, he is easily frustrated and throws temper tantrums that could destroy cities. Superman must take the role of a parent and send him back off to Bizarro World with as little collateral damage as possible. There are times when he can be a good person and really likes Lois and Jimmy.

Brainiac is the creature from hell. A living computer program who takes a variety of forms, he wants to assimilate all the knowledge of the universe, taking the best part of each civilization he encounters (like the shrunken city of Kandor) and rebuild the universe in his own image. While even one circuit survies, Brainiac will continue his mission. On Earth, he has a network of downtrodden computer proficient followers to help him do his bidding.

The Phantom Zone: Jor-El did not create the Zone, he merely discovered it. For eons, the civilizations of the universe have dumped their unwanted problems in the Zone. So when a portal is opened into it, the criminal element of a thousand worlds are poised to escape, many of them more horrible then the Kryptonian prisoners.

I also have the beginnings of a few stories.

In the end of World War II, there was a device called the Bell, that was supposed to be a time/space machine. What if Nazi leaders used it to escape to another planet? One that adopted to Nazi rule? When a contingent of rebels get a message to Earth, Superman, Lois and Jimmy must travel the stars to save them.

While working in the archives of the Planet, Jimmy comes across an unsolved case from the 1930's. Using the journal of Slam Bradley, Clark Lois and Jimmy must reach through the decades to find the truth.

Superman vs the Westboro Baptist Church.

An alien comes to Earth to make Lady Gaga his queen. Superman must let him down gently without starting an interplanetary war.
    Sir or madam, for you last line of text you have officially won the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Go completely back to Pre-Crisis and pick things back up from there. History already done and told, nothing but going forward. I would probably do some Earth-One parallels of Post-Crisis stories.
    Rather than resetting things back to pre-crisis, I'd just start a new comic dedicated to picking up where pre-crisis Superman left off while Superman and Action continue on in the New 52. To be honest I never really understood why characters needed multiple comics in the same continuity to begin with.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post
    Stop. Rebooting. Superman.
    Lets see 1939 to 1986, 1986-2002, 2002-2009,2009 to 2011,....yeah the pattern is to keep shrinking the time lapse between reboots. So I guess this is an appropriately timed thread cause next Summer is about when we should see the next reboot.

I agree with MFitzH20. Stop the madness! Tell good stories! Be creative!
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

If Id been in charge of the reboot I wld have had Waid and Morrison reboot superman(Id love waid to bring his birthright universe ideas to the reboot.Hed also help eliminate most of Morrisons story flaws) with both of them writing Action comics and Superman.I wld have had the 1st 20 issues of Action comics be about Supermans missing 5 years with 4 issue arcs dedicated to each year.The superman title will of course take place in present starting with Supermans ressurection.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Rather than resetting things back to pre-crisis, I'd just start a new comic dedicated to picking up where pre-crisis Superman left off while Superman and Action continue on in the New 52. To be honest I never really understood why characters needed multiple comics in the same continuity to begin with.
    I agree with this completely! If the character is going to have multiple comics anyway why can't each comic service a different audience. I see have one in the main continuity. Then another like an ongoing Silver Age/All-Star Superman with big scifi/adventure themes. Not held back by continuity.

Actually that just sparked an idea. How about a post-continuity Superman. By that I mean a comic book in which Superman has been thrust outside the mainstream time line and joins the Superman Squad (whatever they were called) in which he can look at all points of time and space. He and occasionally other Superman go to various realities and points in time, sometimes even visiting the mainstream DC universe or pre-52 to set things straight, tackle challenges that the regular heroes are unaware of.