Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spawn/Haunt Crossover Begins (Haunt 28)

Well what an interesting surprise to read today when reading Haunt 28. In the encounter with the returning Purgatory, Still Harvey Tubman talks to ghost Kurt Kilgore about him getting ready for the next level of his journey and that he and Daniel have to begin to deal with the reality of their existence and the issue ends with "To Be Continued In The Pages Of Spawn" I'm not sure how Haunt and Spawn can crossover now given where Spawn is currently, but Todd has mentioned on more than one occasion that Spawn and Haunt are in the same universe and their have been little easter eggs of both series in the other's books. So this can be quite interesting and I think a Kudranski Haunt would look quite awesome!

Hopefully we'll get more information regarding this apparent crossover (is it a crossover, a guest appearance, who knows) and the extent of it soon.

Awesome. I really need to catch up on Haunt!!
    "And in the end, when all's said and done... good guys always win. The End."

--Fat Friar

The Raven

Im going to hold off on judgement til the crossover proper. Has potential at least...

Well admittedly it is a bit premature to think of it as a crossover, but their is a lot of evidence pointing towards it given that the last 3 pages of this issue are written by Todd and not Joe so it does look like Todd has a say an idea of whats going to happen. Additionally the framing of this is quite interesting with this supposedly happening between Haunt issues 9 and 10 and finding out what happened to Kurt during that period where he doesn't remember meeting Tubman or Purgatory or whatever is gonna happen here. So how this affects Haunt will be interesting and where Spawn is during this period and how they'll interact is going to be interesting to see.

I guess we'll find out more in Spawn 226!

Apparently Haunt is cancelled.

McFarlane told BleedingCool hes gonna set up some new ideas in Spawn then bring Haunt back out as a "creepier" book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Apparently Haunt is cancelled.

McFarlane told BleedingCool hes gonna set up some new ideas in Spawn then bring Haunt back out as a "creepier" book.
    cancelled why ..............No ..................Bring back Robert Kirkman on the book nothing against Joe
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Well I suppose that isn't too surprising though it kinda sucks that Todd is looking to retool Haunt. Their are obviously reasons why cancelling it happened (the change from Kirkman/Capullo to Fox/Casey probably being the biggest divider, the delays, etc), but now I'm worried about what this means then for Spawn. Will they just continue Haunt as a possible back-up in Spawn and Joe (or Todd) can continue the story and transformation of the series there before going full blown relaunch, or are they going to somehow incorporate Haunt into the Spawn story, which I can't see working out well at all given not only where Spawn currently is, but also where its other plot threads are concerned. I'm hoping its the former, but Todd, at least going with his comment to BleedingCool, makes it sound like the latter and...yeah I'm worried.

Hopefully Todd can explain more in the coming weeks and how this will affect Spawn's future now heading into the new year with 226 only a couple of weeks away.

Bad form to cancel a series without wrapping up loose story lines. I picked it up for Fox's art so I probably won't follow it over to Spawn.

I like the idea of returning haunt to a creepier vibe. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed the entire run but it dropped off a bit for me after the original team handed the reins over.

I think I actually prefered the Casey stuff. The last few issues of Kirkmans run were pretty weak imo.

Also, Spawn #234:

Though nothing of Haunt is mentioned in the solicits so this may just be a placeholder.

Chasing the tail of dogma

I like Joe Casey but when Kirkman was writing it was really good. After he left they switched gears and did a complete 180, I had to drop it.

This crossover is going to be incredible.

I wouldn't mind picking this up,but I need to hear more about it.I really enjoyed Kirkman's run and decided to make this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020292.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	116793

I'm still waiting for a McFarlane figure of Haunt... Kirkman's run was fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I'm still waiting for a McFarlane figure of Haunt... Kirkman's run was fucking incredible.
    There is a McFarlane Haunt statue.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home