Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Newsarama: GIFFEN Promises LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 'Revamp on the Run'

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/keit...es-revamp.html

If this means that he will get rid of the dull stories that Levitz was writing I say bring that reboot!

BANNED

I love the attitude Giffen has approaching things.

Well I'm looking forward to it but I never like the 'no one is safe' adage. Usually means there is a plan to kill off someone which is never a good thing.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Well I'm looking forward to it but I never like the 'no one is safe' adage. Usually means there is a plan to kill off someone which is never a good thing.
    In this case however, I think is for the better. At least it would mean that something is actually happening.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    In this case however, I think is for the better. At least it would mean that something is actually happening.
    Not if it means killing somebody. What? He's not able to make things more exciting other than killing off a character? The easiest trick in the book for anybody.

Hopefully that won't be the case.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Ehhh.. I've read plenty of stories where characters have died but it wasn't really that interesting.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

If he gets me to understand who the frick these characters are and what the situation is with the Legion of Super Heroes, I am on board.
    I suspect if this is some sort of big story, I will get to know these characters and what the frick is going on through the story.
    I am a big fan of OMAC so I will give Giffen a chance, but he has failed be before so I will be cautious.

BANNED

Never said that it would be ideal.

I'm super excited to see Giffen on this book. I'm liking where they plan on taking the book, and I can't wait to see what they do with the Fatal Five, and beyond. Sign me up for this.

I trust in Giffen and Levitz. I just hope the no one is safe rule applies to the new additions to the Legion. IMHO, that's been the biggest problem with the book ever since the reboot. The classic legionarries feel like cameos on their own book and the focus has been pretty much always on the new members, who aren't all that intresting to begin with. I hope Giffen does away with them and focusses more on the classic member (not necessarily Brainiac 5. He's one of the few who already gets enough page time).

Peace

funny the kvetching about new members when wildfire, dawnstar, invisible Kid II, Blok and the white witch were new members and most of the group were from the adventure era...some people gotta learn to share their space. You've had a lot of adventures with most of the "oldsters" let us get to know the new kids. And I'm saying this as a person who's read every incarnation of the legion.

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    If he gets me to understand who the frick these characters are and what the situation is with the Legion of Super Heroes, I am on board.
    How should Giffen be able to do for you what Wikipedia could not?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Legion was one of the first franchises where characters died and either came back (Lightning Lad) or stayed dead (Ferro Lad, Invisible Kid). So this would be nothing to new or scary for me.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/