View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #19?

Voters
38. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

    7 18.42%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

    23 60.53%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

    4 10.53%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

    2 5.26%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

    2 5.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    I still haven't read the issue yet, and I'm not sure if I will. After last issue I promised myself I'd drop the book and just trade wait it instead. But it's nice to know I WAS RIGHT about Scorpio being Fury However I'm surprised I was the only one who seemingly knew that. I thought it would've been pretty obvious to those who have read Ultimate Doomsday. If White-Fury/Scorpio actually turned out NOT to be Black/Our Fury it would have been Humphries' biggest fallacy yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Also, on the Hela thing, it kind of annoyed me but also it was something that was started like an issue before Humphries came in so if he did drop it, I don't think that's the worst thing ever. Although, that scene could have taken place inside his own head because even Modi said he was the last Asgardian.
    Is Hela actually classed as an Asgardian? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-20-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Replied to Codah

  2. #32
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    By far the best issue since Hickman left. I was worried about the book as I as considering dropping it. I'm still willing to roll with it for now. Also didn't like how Cap came at Tony about the colors of his new armor. Cap doesn't own the rights to the colors Red, White, and Blue. Tony's doing it as a symbol for the country to help get behind. He's trying to unite people just like Cap does. Good start to the new storyline. Looking forward to see where it's headed.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

  3. #33
    Junior Member Fizicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Also didn't like how Cap came at Tony about the colors of his new armor. Cap doesn't own the rights to the colors Red, White, and Blue. Tony's doing it as a symbol for the country to help get behind. He's trying to unite people just like Cap does.
    "What's the deal with the suit? Don't you think it's a little...tacky?" Says the guy in the star spangled outfit.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

  4. #34
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    "What's the deal with the suit? Don't you think it's a little...tacky?" Says the guy in the star spangled outfit.
    "Hello pot? This is kettle. You're black."
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Morentez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    "Fury is the bad guy again!" - Really? How many times have we been fed this?

    Have to say I'm not liking Ultimates any more. It's just not what it used to be in any way for me.

    I still don't know what happened to Scott Lang, or who he is in relation to Cassie. Two giant-man/woman Langs?
    I'm still feeling pretty excluded by all the "America HOORAH!" and American Football references (which Humphries confirmed on Tumblr he will be running with as they are "a theme as the Ultimates are basically football superstars".
    I miss the global aspect of Ultimates that Hickman was bringing in. Having all this focus on the US is getting boring.

    Again, I hate being "that guy" who always moans about every issue but lately I've gone from loving Ultimates more than any other comic I buy, to actively putting off reading each issue after I buy it because I'm worried about hating what was my favourite series.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

  6. #36
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    "Fury is the bad guy again!" - Really? How many times have we been fed this?

    Have to say I'm not liking Ultimates any more. It's just not what it used to be in any way for me.

    I still don't know what happened to Scott Lang, or who he is in relation to Cassie. Two giant-man/woman Langs?
    I'm still feeling pretty excluded by all the "America HOORAH!" and American Football references (which Humphries confirmed on Tumblr he will be running with as they are "a theme as the Ultimates are basically football superstars".
    I miss the global aspect of Ultimates that Hickman was bringing in. Having all this focus on the US is getting boring.

    Again, I hate being "that guy" who always moans about every issue but lately I've gone from loving Ultimates more than any other comic I buy, to actively putting off reading each issue after I buy it because I'm worried about hating what was my favourite series.
    You're not alone. Myself and I believe DRZ and Robbie_Jee are right there with you. I'm American and I'm sick of the all the super patriotic stuff. That being said I am a bit interested to see how Cap would deal with politicians, not a problem he can just beat up.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  7. #37
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You're not alone. Myself and I believe DRZ and Robbie_Jee are right there with you. I'm American and I'm sick of the all the super patriotic stuff. That being said I am a bit interested to see how Cap would deal with politicians, not a problem he can just beat up.
    Hey. I'm in on this too. Ultimates is crap. This last issue was the best one in a long time but the best piece of crap is still a piece of crap.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

  8. #38
    Senior Member Morentez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Oh good it's not just me.

    If it weren't for how good Brian Wood's Ultimate X-Men was I'd be slightly worried that Marvel was deliberately sh*t-canning the Ultimate line by making it's flagship title a complete dive.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

  9. #39
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,377

    Default

    I am a surprised and a bit saddened how many "good" votes this issue received. I will admit it was not Humphries worst issue, but I in no way found this to be anything that I would consider good overall. Are we all content to settle for a mediocre at best comic and call it "good." Maybe I'm just being cynical, I don't know anymore.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    It is Ultimate Nick Fury but disguised as a white guy that looks exactly like 616 Fury and going under the code name 616's Nick Fury's brother used to use when he was a bad guy.

    I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! Best issue Humphries has done on the book.
    Aww I was hoping they gave the 616 Fury look to a different character like Bob, Crossbones, Deadpool

  11. #41
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am a surprised and a bit saddened how many "good" votes this issue received. I will admit it was not Humphries worst issue, but I in no way found this to be anything that I would consider good overall.
    I voted good because of the art, not to mention outside of the inconsistencies here and there, it was nothing offensively bad. I just fear the worst. I didn't like the "Meh" option, because it's definitely not an Meh issue for me.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  12. #42
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    "Fury is the bad guy again!" - Really? How many times have we been fed this?

    Have to say I'm not liking Ultimates any more. It's just not what it used to be in any way for me.

    I still don't know what happened to Scott Lang, or who he is in relation to Cassie. Two giant-man/woman Langs?
    I'm still feeling pretty excluded by all the "America HOORAH!" and American Football references (which Humphries confirmed on Tumblr he will be running with as they are "a theme as the Ultimates are basically football superstars".
    I miss the global aspect of Ultimates that Hickman was bringing in. Having all this focus on the US is getting boring.

    Again, I hate being "that guy" who always moans about every issue but lately I've gone from loving Ultimates more than any other comic I buy, to actively putting off reading each issue after I buy it because I'm worried about hating what was my favourite series.

    Oh don't worry as an American I cannot say I enjoy all the "America F*** Yeah" in this. It grates
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  13. #43
    Junior Member Fizicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You're not alone. Myself and I believe DRZ and Robbie_Jee are right there with you. I'm American and I'm sick of the all the super patriotic stuff. That being said I am a bit interested to see how Cap would deal with politicians, not a problem he can just beat up.
    Aw c'mon man, I thought I made it pretty clear that I find Humphries' Ultimates to be rubbish. Either I wasn't being explicit enough or you forgot about me
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

  14. #44

    Default

    Getting better.

    The scripting has improved, I really liked the Chicago Stock Exchange moment with the Captain.

    The art still has me longing for bygone days…

    But, I did not see that last page coming and was happy to say I was very surprised!

    First time in a long while that I can’t wait till the next issue of the Ultimates

  15. #45
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    Aw c'mon man, I thought I made it pretty clear that I find Humphries' Ultimates to be rubbish. Either I wasn't being explicit enough or you forgot about me
    My bad, I did forget
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •