View Poll Results: What did you think of USM #18?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't Wait for the next issue.

17 38.64%
  • Good. I like where the story is going.

16 36.36%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 11.36%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of the story.

3 6.82%
  • Awful! Wish I didn't read it.

3 6.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

So does the "War" arc only make sense if I read the rest of "United We Stand"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ljay90 View Post
    So does the "War" arc only make sense if I read the rest of "United We Stand"?
    If you mean the upcoming "Venom Wars" arc, you probably don't need to have read the rest of "United We Stand".

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    If you mean the upcoming "Venom Wars" arc, you probably don't need to have read the rest of "United We Stand".
    I think possibly maybe just the Point One issue

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    My theory on venom being Miles mom is looking much better. This chapter was o.k. but really just a filler or a transition to venom wars. I did like how Miles dad killed all those hydra guys.
    I thought it was a great transition issue all round. I ranked it as such up top. Your venom guess is surprising - I missed your theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    I too liked how Miles dad killed (or at least shot) the Hydra guys and how he reacted afterwards. It felt too me like it was the way people would react after shooting a bunch of people.
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Also that panel of Miles expression when he looks at Cassies boobs was priceless!.

Yeah. But could it have been her inner thighs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    ..I will say that the art and writing are great

I am happy to to be doen with this arc.
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
    That was disappointing. We didn't even find out whatever Jessica's and Miles' connection is supposed to be. When we do find out three years from now, it will probably be something silly we already knew.
    Well, if they make it 3 months, I will enjoy the anticipation but, yeah, if 3 years it's hard to imagine a believable reason to string the readers along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I dont mind Miles doing his zappy thing to win all the time, to me it shows that he is not Peter. And if I was Miles I would zap my way out of every mess I could. The real problem is what does he do when he cant zap and or run away and thats wha tI would love to see.

I liked how the fight played out. I was a bit confused how #6 saw him in the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I didn't notice the Operative Six thing. I guess it wasn't her.

Yeah. But I did have to check again, cuz it did unfairly look like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He was out for about 2 seconds. Being forcefully slammed from that height should have done some serious damage to him. It's absurd the kind of damage he can take without a mark to show for it.
    Wheat is soft? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll happen eventually. But so far it's just been smooth sailing, and that's left a lot to be desired. It's not just that it all seems so easy, it's that there's no real conflict. And what's there is pretty weak. For me, it's mostly a problem with how the supporting cast is being used (or, rather, not being used).

Family
    Dad - There's been some interesting stuff here, especially in this issue, but before this it basically boiled down to "Spider-man's dad hates heroes."
    Mom - she's really just wallpaper
    Uncle - This was good stuff, though it ended sooner than I would have liked. The Miles/Aaron relationship is by far the best thing Bendis has done with this run.

Friends
    Ganke - Ganke's a great best friend, but he gets far too little page space. He's like the new Kong, and Bendis needs to use him more.
    Judge - great potential, but horrible execution. Judge is barely ever around, and now he's apparently moving out. 3 boys in one room gives so much room for teen conflict. Huge miss by Bendis.

Other
    Spider-woman - I like her overprotectiveness, and I think that'll get even better as we go along.
    Gwen and May - well done on both parts.

--

It speaks as a big problem to me that the list is so short. Peter's cast was bigger than this by the end of the first issue and continued to grow. There's less than 10 members of his supporting cast, and one is dead.

Neat summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I think the main problem is that Bendis has become quite decompressed in terms of his plotting.
    And yet Miles still didn't get a scene with any deserved acolades that would've played as nice as Spider-woman's hug/care. Instead we just get her giving him a ride home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Ganke is awesome,

Yeah. The only problem is I always have to pause and convince myself I am saying the name, itself, right and wondering about it's origins/popularity.

I felt disappointed too. the event is over in the other series and not here, we already know how it all turns out, this was useless
    also bad timing with the whole GiantWoman evil/mind controled, it does not reflect the way events happened in Ultimates,
    also, if there is one character i'm glad the killed this year was Cassie Lang (616), so why am i supposed to care about her in this universe?
    and that secret connection thing.. i bet it is only that Jessica was Peter's clone, that's why she's protecting Miles, she does not want him to die the same way Peter did
    something like that
    the only interesting part was what happened with Miles dad, hope that develops into something.
    You should feel ashamed Bendis, it seems you ran out of ultimate spider-man stories...
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

I didnt think it was a bad issue, honestly I feel bad for Jefferson thou, he left that world of crime and violence behind only to have it rear its ugly head right in front of him.

Wonder what's up with the new Venom.

Forget Giant Woman -- Did ANYONE notice how the venue for this battle suddenly changed? IN issue 17 it was the BATTLE OF WYOMING. Suddenly, in 18, the battle has been transferred to WISCONSIN. I mean, I know there's some confusion about the middle states and these two start with "W" but this is f@#$ing ridiculous. Theres a huge difference and distance between Wyoming and Wisconsin. Huge FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyscotchy View Post
    Forget Giant Woman -- Did ANYONE notice how the venue for this battle suddenly changed? IN issue 17 it was the BATTLE OF WYOMING. Suddenly, in 18, the battle has been transferred to WISCONSIN. I mean, I know there's some confusion about the middle states and these two start with "W" but this is f@#$ing ridiculous. Theres a huge difference and distance between Wyoming and Wisconsin. Huge FAIL.
    Lol, I didn't catch that. Nice find.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Happyscotchy View Post
    Well the battle was constantly on the move as Hydra marched. Maybe it started in Wyoming and ended in Wisconsin :)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF