View Poll Results: What did you think of USM #18?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't Wait for the next issue.

17 38.64%
  • Good. I like where the story is going.

16 36.36%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 11.36%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of the story.

3 6.82%
  • Awful! Wish I didn't read it.

3 6.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #18

I am surprised no one else started this...

Anyway the newest issue is out. It not only picks up where the last issue left off but it also serves as the epilogue to the event for Miles. The art was amazing, and the story while not too filled with information was a nice end to the event. And Jessica is great, I do hope Bendis has her around more often.

Art 9/10
    Plot 7/10
    Story 7/10
    Overall 8/10
    Last edited by atlasjj; 12-19-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

On Vacation

My theory on venom being Miles mom is looking much better. This chapter was o.k. but really just a filler or a transition to venom wars. I did like how Miles dad killed all those hydra guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    My theory on venom being Miles mom is looking much better. This chapter was o.k. but really just a filler or a transition to venom wars. I did like how Miles dad killed all those hydra guys.
    I too liked how Miles dad killed (or at least shot) the Hydra guys and how he reacted afterwards. It felt too me like it was the way people would react after shooting a bunch of people.

I don't think Miles' mom will be Venom, but I could see the one roommate who stopped being a roommate being Venom.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I'm thinking he might not have been honest with who exactly he killed. When Miles' mom said he took out some terrorists, he had a really guilt look on his face.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

Also that panel of Miles expression when he looks at Cassies boobs was priceless!.

I had to put down "Awful! Wish I didn't read it" becuase I felt like I didnt get my moneys worth with this issue. I will say that the art and writing are great but I just didnt care for the story being told. The event was over in the other books and Spider-man has not felt like he was need to have this story told in the first place. The best part of this issue for me were a panel or 2 with Miles talking about Cassie and the last few pages with his parents.

I am happy to to be doen with this arc.

That was disappointing. We didn't even find out whatever Jessica's and Miles' connection is supposed to be. When we do find out three years from now, it will probably be something silly we already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    The event was over in the other books and Spider-man has not felt like he was need to have this story told in the first place.

I am happy to to be doen with this arc.
    I am with you one this part, Marvel should have had these issues out sooner. The fact that Ultimate Spider-Man is now behind in issue count behind both Ultimates and X-Men is sad, since out of the three volumes of the Ultimate Universe this is the first time this is so. But yeah Ultimates will be on its second issue of its new arc when Spider-Man is on its first. And Ultimate X-Men? On its 3rd issue. While I enjoyed this issue I still stand it should have come out sooner than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
    That was disappointing. We didn't even find out whatever Jessica's and Miles' connection is supposed to be. When we do find out three years from now, it will probably be something silly we already knew.
    That he is Spider-Man and was inspired by Peter Parker the original Spider-Man. And Jessica being Peter's clone so she is inspired by Peter Parker. I believe this is the link between the two. Though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by atlasjj; 12-19-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Wow more of Miles just zapping his way out of a situation. He got slammed on the ground from what we can assume is a height of at least 50 feet and didn't have a scratch on him. Cassie is a terrorist here, but an Ultimate in Humphries book so that makes sense. I miss the days when the Ultimate line was good :(
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I dont mind Miles doing his zappy thing to win all the time, to me it shows that he is not Peter. And if I was Miles I would zap my way out of every mess I could. The real problem is what does he do when he cant zap and or run away and thats wha tI would love to see.

BANNED

Okay, they really need to straighten their facts.

Is Cassie evil? Cause in Ultimates, she's a good guy (Yay!) but here, she's a villain?

I thought there would be a throwaway line, but now I'm really confused! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU CASSIE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wow more of Miles just zapping his way out of a situation. He got slammed on the ground from what we can assume is a height of at least 50 feet and didn't have a scratch on him. Cassie is a terrorist here, but an Ultimate in Humphries book so that makes sense. I miss the days when the Ultimate line was good :(
    Didn't come out with a scratch? Really?! He was ko'ed for who knows how long, what do you really want from the guy, a hospital trip? His zapping technique is his thing, like webs his for peter. As peter uses his webs to his advantages, so does Miles, and unlike previous times where the zap actually ko'ed the person, this time it only stun, allowing him to set up the combo for the win.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Guys, Cassie was probably mid-mind control.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Holy god. She was obviously mind-controlled. Sometimes issues don't line up perfectly. Stop being so OCD about it.
    Comics are more better.

I wanna believe that Cassie was mind controlled still, but because Jessica showed up it was after the war was over and we know that Cassie's mind was healed before the war ended, she saved the falling helicarrier. Itsneithernsome sort of mistake or it wasn't Cassie. She may have had Cassie's costume but she called herself Giant-Woman Operative Six. Cassie would either just be Giant-Woman or Giant-Woman Operative One.

And I can't believe it just occurred to me that the "secret connection" between Miles and Jessica that Miles keeps going on about is that she's Peter Parker and he's the replacement Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-19-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF