Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Saga, #8

"Saga" #8 gives a look on how Alana and Marko first met, and even as Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples subvert normal romantic clichés, it's the familiar affection of family that ultimately carries this issue.

Full review here.

I think I'd give it a bit of a higher grade because it's just so strong in character. I'm starting to believe these characters are real people, due to the amazing expressions in the art, but also the dialogue. I really enjoyed it. I wrote a review as well, with some pictures from the book here if anyone is interested.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I'm gonna be a little bit obnoxious here: the line of dialogue that you mention as being used as a piece of the art -- "This is how my parents met," -- is spoken by Hazel and all of Hazel's dialogue is lettered by Staples and not Fonografiks. You would know that if you had read the AWESOME process break-down in the letters page in the back of this issue. *Takes correctory nerd hat off*

BANNED

Goddamn this book is so addicting. I get frustrated when the book ends.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. Holmes View Post
    goddamn this book is so addicting. I get frustrated when the book ends.
    afuckingmen!

This issue fired from all cylinders. So, so, so good. And this issue deserved at least 4 stars. I'd give it 5 stars though.
    Last edited by Trilipush; 12-19-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Goddamn this book is so addicting. I get frustrated when the book ends.
    This. It's that damn good.

Gwendolyn was a pleasant surprise.

Not at all what I imagined her to look like.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Next issue: the return of The Stalk! One of my favourite characters yet.
    Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just dont get it. -- Megan Fox

I'll be honest, I haven't cared too much for this series. I enjoy it, but have never added it to my pull list because if something nice and shiny comes along it would probably be Saga I drop to make room. (Call me crazy!)

But after reading this, something just clicked and now I can't imagine dropping it. I'm finally hooked! So much to the point where this will probably be one of the only titles I'll still buy when I (hopefully) go to uni next year.

I really liked the breakdown of the process Fiona goes through to do each page, I found that really interesting!

I can't wait for issue #9!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

This series is like crack. I thought I'd be able to trade wait but seeing issues #7 & #8 on the shelf were too much.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Holy sheit this is an amazing series! The cliffhangers are always subtle yet so gasp worthy, it's just wonderful. It's so funny, yet has it's serious moments. And Gwen (That shalt be her nickname. But by the look of it, she would KILL me if she heard that.) was a wonderful surprise! Can't wait for issue #9.

I liked this issue so much I decided "What the hell, I'll write in a letter." I look at the address and I see that he is basically my neighbor O_O. Loved the part in the back about Fiona's art style. We now know the secrets.

Once again, amazing series, can't wait for #9 with the return of STALK! :D

I'll agree with everyone. This book is amazing, both visually and in its story. Vaughan has always had this amazing ability to capture great character moments in dialogue and in development, and this shows it. The moments between the characters are so perfect, and these is humor, but a very real humor that people have in real life situations. Just great, great storytelling. My next friend who asks about reading comics is getting the first TPB of this book, for sure. It's a game-changer.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

This is one of the greatest series out there!!! I am always so excited to open to the last page because there is always an epic surprise! Never disappoints. Sooo good!!!!
    Current Favorites:: The Walking Dead, Batman, Thief of Thieves, Saga, Revival, Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Justice League, All-New Xmen, Uncanny Avengers, AVX,