Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    The whole point is that putting Superior into a Scarlet Spider comic would completely ruin one of the two comics left that I actually enjoy...
    So whenever characters that you don't like crossover into other books you're reading - you don't buy them. Wow, that's harsh. What if Scarlet Spider beat the #%$& out of SSM? Wouldn't that give you some perverse pleasure? What if the crossover was vital in getting Peter back as the one true Spider-Man?
    - Jason G. Carr

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    The whole point is that putting Superior into a Scarlet Spider comic would completely ruin one of the two comics left that I actually enjoy...
    How do you know? have you read it? As the poster above points out, what if Kaine beats the crap out of him and sets in motion the return of your preferred status quo? Are you not interested to read that?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    How do you know? have you read it? As the poster above points out, what if Kaine beats the crap out of him and sets in motion the return of your preferred status quo? Are you not interested to read that?
    I don't know about the rest of this board, but Superior Spider-Man (if he's who I think he is) vs. Scarlet Spider would be a fight I'd pay anything to read! The history these two share plus their similar goal of becoming a better hero a la Peter Parker, would make this fight epic!

In fact, I know when this fight should occur: Superior Sider-Man #24 and Scarlet Spider #24. With SSM shipping twice monthly, it could happen that both #24's come out the same month - next December. Merry #%$& Christmas Spider-Fans!!
    - Jason G. Carr

It might be harsh, but what if he just don't want to show Superior Spider-Man any support? Voting with our wallets is still the most sensible thing to do after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    It might be harsh, but what if he just don't want to show Superior Spider-Man any support? Voting with our wallets is still the most sensible thing to do after all.
    Not buying Scarlet Spider because it has SSM in it only hurts Scarlet Spider.
    - Jason G. Carr

I'll keep buying Daredevil, even when the new Spider-Man shows up (although I haven't decided if I should give Superior a chance yet). I'm just saying that I can understand his point of view too.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    So whenever characters that you don't like crossover into other books you're reading - you don't buy them. Wow, that's harsh. What if Scarlet Spider beat the #%$& out of SSM? Wouldn't that give you some perverse pleasure? What if the crossover was vital in getting Peter back as the one true Spider-Man?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't care at all. I might be a minority in saying this (and that's fine), but as a new comics reader whose read about some of the stuff done to Peter by Marvel writers (with Slott's actions being the latest), I've got little reason to be invested or try to get invested on a returning Peter Parker. "My Peter Parker" is Spectacular Spiderman on Disney and he's Andrew Garfield in cinema. He's not the guy Slott's decided to cast down because he had the brilliant idea of replacing Spiderman with Doctor Octopus.

When it comes to Scarlet Spider, I want to read about Kaine. About Arcelly. About Annabelle. About Wally Layton & Donald Medland (who for some reason don't share the same last name). Not whatever beaten down version of Peter Parker is going to be crawling out of the grave in a year or two when Marvel realizes their gimmicks won't replace the love people have for Peter Parker, and certainly not Dan Slott's "Superior Spiderman". As far as I'm concerned, I'm already reading the superior Spiderman in comics. His name is Kaine Parker, and he's written by Chris Yost.
    Last edited by MrHashasheen; 12-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Not buying Scarlet Spider because it has SSM in it only hurts Scarlet Spider.
    ^Logic has no place with comicnerdrage

XD

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    When it comes to Scarlet Spider, I want to read about Kaine. About Arcelly. About Annabelle. About Wally Layton & Donald Medland (who for some reason don't share the same last name). Not whatever beaten down version of Peter Parker is going to be crawling out of the grave in a year or two when Marvel realizes their gimmicks won't replace the love people have for Peter Parker, and certainly not Dan Slott's "Superior Spiderman". As far as I'm concerned, I'm already reading the superior Spiderman in comics. His name is Kaine Parker, and he's written by Chris Yost.
    Agree wholeheartedly. I want to print that out, frame it and award you +10 Internets for Christmas.

I won't get issue Amazing 700, just like I haven't got any issue of the core line since One More Day. Many others will though I'm sure, and good for them - I hope they love it and want to carry with the new direction. To be bitter or grumpy about those who like the change IMHO would be pointless, and bordering on churlish.

For me though, it's Scarlet all the way.
    Last edited by Chobbly; 12-21-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Ok, you've convinced me. If it had Scarlet destroy SSM, or bringing Peter back stuff, I'd be in.

Loved this issue, it's continuing to be my favourite book. Introducing a new Arranger had me grinning, I would be so happy if Chris Yost took Wilson Fisk and did something interesting with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't care at all. I might be a minority in saying this (and that's fine), but as a new comics reader whose read about some of the stuff done to Peter by Marvel writers (with Slott's actions being the latest), I've got little reason to be invested or try to get invested on a returning Peter Parker. "My Peter Parker" is Spectacular Spiderman on Disney and he's Andrew Garfield in cinema. He's not the guy Slott's decided to cast down because he had the brilliant idea of replacing Spiderman with Doctor Octopus.

I'm glad someone's seeing my side of things :) You are awesome!

So I have a question about 12.1 When Kiane cuts that guys nose off, where did he get that Batarang looking thing from? I can figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas?
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

I'll have to go back and read it again...

Very enjoyable, and the set-up for Kaine dealing with the Lobos is really exciting.

I wouldn't be sad if this title got even darker though - both in writing and art.

Regardless, I love being able to read the monthly exploits of Kaine's redemption, and Yost is really making it an entertaining ride.

-Pav, who is looking forward to not be stoked to see the return of the Microverse in issue #83...