Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Actual kalorama, ignore that, by your response there i will assume you were not offended.
    So i will ask about your opinion.
    Is there something wrong with doing a different villian or group of villians in Avengers 2 and having that build to a final showdown with Thanos in 3?
    Like...is there any reason the movies would be worse if they did it that way?
    THe real question here is: Is there any particular reason they'd be better if they did?

You dove in head first with the whole "there's nowhere to go after Thanos" crusade in a way that clearly suggested that you thought the whole "villain escalation" thing was a must; that if they did it any other way it would weaken the movie. There's zero evidence to support that. It could be good with villain build up. It could be good without it. There's no one way to go or no one way that's inherently better than another. Therefore, it doesn't really matter whether they do it or not. All that matters is that, whatever they do, they do it well. Which means that if they want to follow Thanos with Ultron, Graviton, or the Wrecking Crew, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    THe real question here is: Is there any particular reason they'd be better if they did?

You dove in head first with the whole "there's nowhere to go after Thanos" crusade in a way that clearly suggested that you thought the whole "villain escalation" thing was a must; that if they did it any other way it would weaken the movie. There's zero evidence to support that. It could be good with villain build up. It could be good without it. There's no one way to go or no one way that's inherently better than another. Therefore, it doesn't really matter whether they do it or not. All that matters is that, whatever they do, they do it well. Which means that if they want to follow Thanos with Ultron, Graviton, or the Wrecking Crew, they can.
    That's the core of it though, isn't it?
    I think it's better if you do an additional film to build to a villian and establish him as a threat in the second movie for the inevitible show down in the third.
    I just think it would be new in super hero movies and something a bit different.
    Batman didn't do it, Xmen didn't do it, Spiderman didn't do it, those movies third films weren't worse because they didn't do it(um...i don't particularly love the third movie in any of those cases but that has nothing to do with this issue), and i couldn't prove they were better if they did, but if this series does it would be different. And building to a guy for 2 films might actually strengthen the third film.
    Of course if they did Thanos now and the third movie is good it would still be a good movie, i just thought of something different they could do that they haven't done yet.

And, this is also assuming they only do 3 things, which i don't think they have ever said is the plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    You call what's going on in this thread hating?
    It ain't love. (I'm not being terribly serious, either though. This hasn't seemed like a very serious thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    And speaking of absurd, that would never happen. You know Big G would toast that little Barbie-man the way you liked to hold a cigarette lighter to your little plastic Army men.

Red Ronin would break before Godzilla, too.
    Godzilla can throw Thor through Red Ronin, then. I'm flexible. Heck, Thor can lightning strike Godzilla, boosting his already substantial power, so he can atomic breath Thor through the big mech. In 3D.

And, now I'm going to be disappointed with the actual movie because none of this is going to happen. That's messed up.

Elder Member

I just think it would be new in super hero movies and something a bit different.
    But different isn't necessarily better, and you still haven't said anything concrete that really explains why you think it would better (as opposed to just being different).

Actual kalorama, ignore that, by your response there i will assume you were not offended.
    So i will ask about your opinion.
    Is there something wrong with doing a different villian or group of villians in Avengers 2 and having that build to a final showdown with Thanos in 3?
    Like...is there any reason the movies would be worse if they did it that way?
    they might do that,as long as JL movie not pick Darkseid too

From the article...
    In addition to talking about his writing process, Whedon also discussed the Buffy animated series. He said the writing staff completed seven scripts, but no networks would pick the series up because it didn’t feature a male lead.
    That's just sad in several levels at once...
    What century is this again?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    including The Wasp in his original script
    Wasp in Avengers 2 please.

But Thanos is the biggun.
    It's like doing a justice league movie and having Darkseid as the first bad guy and then following it up with Dr Cold.
    ...or Captain Cold, to use an actual DC villain.

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    I've never tried to think of Ultron or Kang's DC equivalent and come up with Captain Cold.
    Yeah, I'd go Brainiac and Epoch.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Is Doctor Doom exclusive to the Fantastic Four franchise? If not it would be kind of cool to see the return of the Red Skull as well (still have my super villain team-up issues with Doctor Doom and Red Skull). Lots of nasty political angles that could be explored.
    Last edited by DennyK; 12-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.

But Thanos is the biggun.
    It's like doing a justice league movie and having Darkseid as the first bad guy and then following it up with Dr Cold.
    How dare you disrespect Ultron that way!
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Is Doctor Doom exclusive to the Fantastic Four franchise?
    That is extremely likely to be the case.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    How dare you disrespect Ultron that way!
    I never relly got what the big deal is about Ultron and why he's been turned into this überpowerful villain.

He's just some robot Hank Pym made.

Anyway, you cant have an Ultron story when most of your audiece has never even heard of Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Anyway, you cant have an Ultron story when most of your audience has never even heard of Hank Pym.
    Yeah, the only way you can really do an Ultron story is if you introduce Hank. It would be kind of neat if Hank was in Avengers 2, built Ultron to help fight Thanos, and then Ultron turned into his evil robot self.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Elder Member

Yeah, the only way you can really do an Ultron story is if you introduce Hank.
    Not really. They aren't beholden to tell the story the same way as in the comics. They could just as easily have Tony create Ultron.

Yeah, the only way you can really do an Ultron story is if you introduce Hank. It would be kind of neat if Hank was in Avengers 2, built Ultron to help fight Thanos, and then Ultron turned into his evil robot self.
    Ant Man moie on Nov 2015 will probably feature that & planting seed for Ultron in wave 3 of MCU

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

I think it's better if you do an additional film to build to a villian and establish him as a threat in the second movie for the inevitible show down in the third.
    Is Guardians going to deal with Thanos at all? That could be along the lines of what you're talking about.