Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

We're definitely in setup mode still, but Hickman continues to show promise. That said, I think we all expect him to bring it next issue!

The only thing that really screamed out to me as clunky was the fact that Cap and Tony were approaching people that are (not were, are) already Avengers to check if they want to be Avengers. Why do they need to? It's not like they disbanded the Avengers at the end of Bendis' run. To Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine it really should only seem like there's some new Avengers joining after the departure of Luke Cage, Dr. Strange and Daredevil. For all the new members it made sense, but for the ones that were all in the previous iteration it almost seems like an employee evaluation.

That part read more as trying to make some "new reader-friendly" introductions.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman

Beautiful issue but story wise, it was a bit redundant. I still enjoyed it a lot.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post
    Also, you've got to laugh at "We'll want Hawkeye and Black Widow". Why? Because they were in a movie and the comics have to be just like the movie now? Or maybe becuase if Thor, Huk, Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Hyperion can't take down the bad guy, a handgun and arrow will?
    HAH! Yeah, for as well as they can be written (and Hawkeye's solo series is some of the best of it), it's always funny to see the normies receive such high regard amongst living weapons and gods.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    Yes he was.

As for the comic...the art is so freaking good. This is probably the book with the best art that Marvel prints. I simply can't praise Jerome Opena enough, that guy is awesome!
    You just had to love how Cap and Iron Man convinced Wolverine and Spider-Man to join the team. I have a question though, do we know if this takes place before or after ASM 700?
    It's definitely before.

There was an interview that mentioned the issue of Avengers SuSM would appear in, so everything before that is before 700.
    Bad news everyone...

holy s**t was this awesome!
    -Thor level rising.Hopefully ownage of villains incoming.
    -Baby Abyss and Ex are so adorable!So Aleph is sort of like their dad.
    -"we have money"."Oh Thank God!"Spidey's the best.
    -In just one panel Shang-Chi made me love his character.
    -herpy derp at the universe foreshadowing.
    -Sam and Bobby know where the stacks and hoes at!

Now quickly!To the X-Boards!!!!!!

Awesome issue. Still waiting, of course, for things to really explode but it's all part of the story. Loved the short but dead-on moments where the various new members were brought in. It really shows that Hickman can capture the essence of all these divergent characters like Cannonball, Sunspot, Falcon, Shang-Chi, etc., in quick brushstrokes without anyone getting lost in the shuffle. Digging the villains, too.

Can't wait for issue #3!

BANNED

i wonder if hank pym is sitting in a room somewhere, waiting for his telephone to ring.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i wonder if hank pym is sitting in a room somewhere, waiting for his telephone to ring.
    Please,Hank is already serving in a higher council than even the Illuminati!Quicksilver,Captain Britain and Monica are also among the group who watch over the inferior teams like Uncanny delayvers and New Old Avengers.

Isn't Pym a Deathlok now?

BANNED

i'm not surprised no one bothered to call quicksilver.

Some one call the Celestials and tell them these new dudes are stealing their story.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Awesome issue, and the best part is that Hickman's only beginning. Ex Nihilo is already one of the most interesting new villains in a while, the assembling of the team leads to some funny moments (Hickman writes a great Spidey), and I'm very interested to see where he takes this- I doubt this group of villains will be finished by #3.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Yana and Swash...that is not quite what happened with Sam and Berto joining. Murder she wrote threw a nice trollish spin on the truth. Basically they didn't want to be heroes anymore and just wanted to take an infinite hiatus. Wolverine called Sam and Berto wasn't interested until Cap asked them to join. The reasoning being that they were over being HATED AND FEARED and figured Avengers were more ADORED (which they felt they should be) so they jumped on this chance to make a better name for themselves. At least thats how I took it, never did I read thembeing X-cannon fodder.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Wow, just another excellent issue. I like that this is an Avengers story. The concept is the focus and not some much one or two characters. I don't know, im just really enjoying how its story driven more so then character driven.

I'm feeling the aspect of recruiting and team-building but some of the choices are just plain snorrrreific -- Falcon! lol and Shang-Chi HA!

Can't imagine why Falcon is still around, might as well have had Jarvis in an Iron Man suit join up. That would be just as much a mickey mouse job.