Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I liked it and I think I'll continue on. My main complaints are Dillon's Rulk and that Frank didn't have enough facetime. I wish Rucka's Punisher wasn't cancelled.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Glad you're warming up to the title. While you may wish Frank had more facetime, I am glad the other team members actually had a presence this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Considering his history with Ross, he might no be a willing member.
    Willing is not necessarily Able, and vice versa, (a little off topic here) It sounds to me like Samuel Stern (Leader) is being Conscripted (like Frank Castle) {being forced to be a member} as opposed to the other members of the Bolts (Venom, Elektra, Deadpool, Mercy) who were Drafted, (being politely{bwahahaha using italic term loosely here} asked by Gen.Thad Ross to join) and there is a difference between the two terms (albeit a slight difference)

DRAFT: a selection or drawing of persons, by lot or otherwise, from the general body of the people for military service; levy; or see Conscription.

CONSCRIPTION: 1. compulsory enrollment of persons for military or naval service; draft.
    2. a compulsory contribution of money to a government during a time of war.

Although both terms are very similar, essentially a person is forced to go to war whether they wish to, or not. Draft implies a drawing, but is still considered to be "conscription"- as a person has no choice in the matter.
    This Thunderbolts looks like a lot of "fun"
    Last edited by arachne_azure; 12-19-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Where exactly are you getting that any of these people outside of Stern and maybe Mercy are being forced to be on the team? From the beginning Ross said he was looking for volunteers, and emphasized again in this issue that they are all volunteers, and can leave when they want. I don't think any of these characters are afraid enough of Rulk to feel like they are forced to be on the team.

I must have missed something, and I honestly would love your interpretation of how they are being forced to be on this team, whether or not they are considered conscripted or drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    This was better than the first issue but still not feeling wither the art or the dialogue. The unessesary pool-o-vision scene just reminded me how much I cant stand how Daniel Way writes Deadpool. The art also takes me away from the story cause I just cant stand everyone looking the same. Also, Elektra could of taken down those guys single-handedly, so Deadpools reasoning didnt make sense. The reason for all the red symbols was a little far fetched, and the concept is still ugly to the eyes. Plus, why would anyone trust the Leader for reliable intel? Ross should be smarter than that.

I will wait for the next issue to decide on this series, but I am very unimpressed thus far. Pacing needs to improve.
    I think that this issue was much better than the first. Rulk explained that they "volunteered and free to go at anytime", so as not to assume that Frank was coerced in the first issue.

The art is OK, not a deal breaker. Rulk looks like a basketball player he's too skinny and both he and Frank have that ugly scowl look.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Where exactly are you getting that any of these people outside of Stern and maybe Mercy are being forced to be on the team? From the beginning Ross said he was looking for volunteers, and emphasized again in this issue that they are all volunteers, and can leave when they want. I don't think any of these characters are afraid enough of Rulk to feel like they are forced to be on the team.

I must have missed something, and I honestly would love your interpretation of how they are being forced to be on this team, whether or not they are considered conscripted or drafted.
    I agree. I have seen similar comments on other websites where people think that General Ross coerced Frank. I don't buy that because trust and loyalty is earned and not forced. In the first issue, Ross showed an escape route for Frank to use, but he choose to stay and work with Rulk.
    Last edited by IndigoMX9; 12-19-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Would it have been so hard for Ross to have that speech we see on page 4, about striking like lightning without concern for borders/politics etc., with Frank during issue #1? I say no.

So Frank is wearing some type of Gamma enhanced suit? What about Elektra? She didn't seem to have the same measure in place.

It was a better issue for sure but that's only cause the bar was so low from issue #1 it had little choice BUT to be better. The art still is sub-par as far as I'm concerned.

Still, the tease with Sterns at the end may have been the best thing in the whole issue. Hasn't he been "dead" for some time?
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I really wanted to like this series...but man,art is terrible...writing even worse.I've gotten spoiled with Remender's Deadpool...Maybe reading Uncanny X-force first this week,set the bar too high.....

I love the art and I love this book. Best line is from Deadpool talking to Electra. "I can't believe I am saying this, but please stop taking off your clothes!" LOL
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

I liked this book, better than the issue #1. I'm glad they uncovered the red skull mistery in the Punisher suit, the action on the issue was much better than the first and i got the felling that the pace of the story is somewhat increasing.

I'm expecting non stop action with Punisher-Flash trying to rescue Elektra and Deadpool in the next issue.

I continue to get pissed off at the gross, disturbing mischaracterization of Deadpool.

Those damned stupid hallucinations must stop.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    I continue to get pissed off at the gross, disturbing mischaracterization of Deadpool.

Agreed. Deadpool went through all of Vol. 1 and C&DP without the stupid PoolOvision. That means the voice boxes aren't far behind. Both of those gimmicks need to be laid to rest. I'm also annoyed that Way still can't write clever or witty dialogue for Deadpool. I'm not asking for Shakespeare, but Deadpool should have a wittier retort than "What the %$#& does that mean?"
    Also, not sure how I feel about Deadpool making the call to flee the melee so quickly.

Overall, an improvement over #1, but I'm not sure I'm on board 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post

I just skimmed the book(bought a lot of stuff this week). What hallucination scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I just skimmed the book(bought a lot of stuff this week). What hallucination scene?
    The panels where Deadpool thinks the thugs are asking him to sign their guns, which leads to him agreeing to sign autographs and getting shot in the head. Pretty dumb, and what makes it especially annoying to me is that Deadpool's insanity was never intended be a detriment to his effectiveness in such a manner, generally speaking.

I echo a lot of the sentiments here.

Better than issue 1 but still not that good.

Art isn't dynamic enough for such an action-oriented team.

Deadpool by Way is so, so bad. Especially after reading a fan-freaking-tastic Deadpool by Remender in Uncanny X-Force #35.
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

I know Way's writing will continue to be a turn-off for many, but I wonder how many people will give this book a second chance with the artist change coming in issue #7.