Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Soule is a new name to me too, but I'm excited based on your guys reactions!

As for artist, I've honestly not cared for anyone except Paquette's on this book, so I'm kinda hoping there's also a newcomer in that dept.

Bleeaarrggh
    Last edited by Superdog; 12-19-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

double post
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

BANNED

Wish I knew more about this him.

Well I guess I look forward to an interview in the future for a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    A Becky Cloonan and Kano combo won't be bad as their is some level of consistancy there that the differences won't be too jarring. If they go with someone new that would be quite interesting, but hopefully we'll hear more about the artist soon.
    cloonan is working on a book with gerard way for dark horse set for release sometime in 2013, so i doubt it will be her.

i'm anxious to hear who the replacement will be.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Travel Foreman, please.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I like hearing of a new writer and asking myself who since that means no preconceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Travel Foreman, please.
    Didn't he want out of the whole "horror" genre, though?

With that said, I think he would be great on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    Didn't he want out of the whole "horror" genre, though?

With that said, I think he would be great on the title.
    I suppose it really remains to be seen just WHAT he had a problem with, but what I took from it was that, due to the death of his mother, he no longer wanted to draw the FAMILY stuff. That it was painful for him. Because when he went over to Birds of Prey he was drawing some pretty horrific stuff.

Could be wrong, of course. But even so, going by Soule's past work, I doubt you'd see as much gore as was required for the Rotworld storyline.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Yeah Travel's leave from Animal Man was just as Desaad mentioned, but I suppose it depends on what direction Soule will take on Swamp Thing to see if Travel would be appropriate for it, but I'm sure we'll learn more about that in the coming months. How about Mateus Santolouco for art? I think he'd be an interesting choice and isn't doing much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I suppose it really remains to be seen just WHAT he had a problem with, but what I took from it was that, due to the death of his mother, he no longer wanted to draw the FAMILY stuff. That it was painful for him. Because when he went over to Birds of Prey he was drawing some pretty horrific stuff.
    I also got the impression from his twitter feed that he's generally not huge on work-for-hire stuff in the first place as well.

Anyways, I'm gonna second Kano. Came out of no where and really impressed on the 0 issue, in my opinion at least.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 12-19-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Glad they went with an indie writer. I was worried they would put someone who had their hay day in the 80s or 90s on this book. Swamp Thing has always had a cutting edge vibe to it.

Dropped, unfortunately.

27 wasn't a book that interested me and it's the only thing I know about Soule. Not saying that the book will be bad, but my comic dollar is stretched thin as is. For those that are sticking around, I hope it's good.

That being said, I too am glad that they went with new talent as opposed some crusty geezer from a prior decade.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Never heard of him before. Hope the book works out for him though since this comic is officially dropped for me, unless the interview and solicits in the future convince me otherwise. Still, if I happen to see it in the store, i will read there and see if it is worthy of getting later in a trade.

Good to see cultivate more indie talent. Will check out.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.