Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Another alternative method could be the use of Vine technology.
    Aric was only a captive for a few years(3?) and yet when he returns to Earth it's 600yrs later. Time works differently at least on a Vine ship. Whose to say they don't have time travel OR that their tech could be adapted by some individual for that method?

I still say using Ivar is the easiest answer to establish a foothold for a Valiant future line of characters such as Rai.
    Agreed, Ivar would play an important role in any future timeline, and the Vine can replace the Malevs as the future rulers of the Earth.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

sorry double post, lol.
    Last edited by rasx; 01-03-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    I'm thinking these things are coming though, Eternal Warrior definetly opens up the past and I get the feeling something is going on with the Bleeding Monk that will play out ala Rai in the future.
    I have a hunch that the bleeding monk is going to show up in the Harbinger Wars with Bloodshot and possibly set Bloodshot onto a different path, ultimately affecting the "Blood of Heroes" that will eventually be passed on to Rai in the future. I'm really looking forward to Valiant 2013 =).

And by the way... anyone notice that there is a Bart Sears variant cover for the upcoming X-O Manowar issue #11 in March? How freakin' cool is that!

Quote Originally Posted by Unity808 View Post
    And by the way... anyone notice that there is a Bart Sears variant cover for the upcoming X-O Manowar issue #11 in March? How freakin' cool is that!
    Yeah. They are keeping it under wraps for now, like they did with the Adams A&A variant. Not sure if its just because they want to save it for another PR boost before issue 11 or if he just hasn't finished it yet.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I have a hunch that the bleeding monk is going to show up in the Harbinger Wars with Bloodshot and possibly set Bloodshot onto a different path, ultimately affecting the "Blood of Heroes" that will eventually be passed on to Rai in the future. I'm really looking forward to Valiant 2013 =).
    What if the kids that Bloodshot rescues are younger versions of Rai, Spylocke etc?

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    What if the kids that Bloodshot rescues are younger versions of Rai, Spylocke etc?
    I think we will get some familiar names from VH1--VALIANT has said as much--like the B-Squad, Ax's Gang, Harada's Eggbreakers, and maybe even the Troublemakers.

But I think they have much bigger plans for Rai. I really think with the recent success of books like Saga, Prophet and The Massive, that VALIANT could do something great with the Rai concept. Justin Jordan said he pitched a crazy, Prophet-esque Rai concept to VEI, but they passed (and eventually went with his Shadowman pitch). I have to think if they passed on JJ's concept, they must have something really cool in the pipeline.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I think we will get some familiar names from VH1--VALIANT has said as much--like the B-Squad, Ax's Gang, Harada's Eggbreakers, and maybe even the Troublemakers.

But I think they have much bigger plans for Rai. I really think with the recent success of books like Saga, Prophet and The Massive, that VALIANT could do something great with the Rai concept. Justin Jordan said he pitched a crazy, Prophet-esque Rai concept to VEI, but they passed (and eventually went with his Shadowman pitch). I have to think if they passed on JJ's concept, they must have something really cool in the pipeline.
    Hopefully we'll see some members from this team:

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Hopefully we'll see some members from this team:
    That's the B-Squad...the second iteration of the Renegades led by Faith after the final throw down between Sting and Harada.

Default Indies: Valiant 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    All the Valiant books are pretty amazing, looking forward to any new series they put out, hopefully we get a Solar book.
    Why does this Gold Key nonsense keep coming up with the New Valiant company? It's not going to happen. Dreamworks owns the rights to one character and has licensed 2 others from Random House. This has been discussed in excruciating detail for over 2 yrs.now.Valiant is better off without them especially after the crash and burn of Gold Key/ Dark Horse. Nobody but me and a few others bought the books.The audience that was there for GK in the 90's is no longer there for GK in the 2000's. What the heck Dreamworks is going to do with Turok,Solar and Magnus is God's own guess.
    Last edited by Alton; 01-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Why does this Gold Key nonsense keep coming up with the New Valiant company? It's not going to happen. Dreamworks owns the rights to one character and has licensed 2 others from Random House. This has been discussed in excruciating detail for over 2 yrs.now.Valiant is better off without them especially after the crash and burn of Gold Key/ Dark Horse. Nobody but me and a few others bought the books.The audience that was there for GK in the 90's is no longer there for GK. What the heck Dreamworks is going to do with Turok,Solar and Magnus is God's own guess.
    Agreed.

I personally could care less about these Gold Key characters and who owns them, they've had plenty of chances to finally come back and stick around and every time they crash and burn. They're cursed characters as far as I'm concerned and if Valiant ever had the chance to grab them (even for cheap) I would hope they'd turn around and run away as far and as fast as they can. Let them just be dead, know what I mean? The quicker these old school Valiant fans get this, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Agreed.

I personally could care less about these Gold Key characters and who owns them, they've had plenty of chances to finally come back and stick around and every time they crash and burn. They're cursed characters as far as I'm concerned and if Valiant ever had the chance to grab them (even for cheap) I would hope they'd turn around and run away as far and as fast as they can. Let them just be dead, know what I mean? The quicker these old school Valiant fans get this, the better.
    Agreed. However, I will miss the robots/malevs in the future. But I do think the Vine could prove to be just as interesting, if not more so.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

It's really early for these guys to be giving too much away, even teasers. They are still testing the market and seeing what works. I would LOVE to see Rai in the future, but I think they need to establish Bloodshot a little more before that happens, it will make Rai that much richer. And Timewalker was always one of my favorites. The Anni-Padda brothers were always fun to read. With Magnus and Solar out of the lineup for the foreseeable future, Valiant might need to create something that we haven't seen if they have hopes of showing us some stories that take place in the future (though they could introduce the Armorines along with Rai and possibly a Geomancer title). Doctor Mirage would be a great addition as well, but I think they need to establish the spiritual/netherworld side of the Valiant universe a bit more within the pages of Shadowman in order for it to work. HardCorps should show up sometime after Harbinger Wars (hopefully). And after Ninjak gets a title, showing us some more of the spy/espionage side of things, I would like to see the Secret Weapons make an appearance.
    All great points. I think Valiant needs to take another 8-10 months to explore their characters and introduce characters from their library slowly but surly, don't overload us with new characters every issue but instead give us one every now and again and do it in a way that makes us care about them. I'm sure Harbinger Wars will be something that will bring in a load of new characters, and that's fine since it's an event, but as a whole I think 1 new character every 3 issues would work and would be a pretty decent pace. I do want Valiant to grow but I don't want them to do it too fast, slow and steady is usually always the correct course and if Valiant keeps going at the pace they've been going at than I'm seeing nothing but amazing things in their future.

Default Indies; Valiant 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    All great points. I think Valiant needs to take another 8-10 months to explore their characters and introduce characters from their library slowly but surly, don't overload us with new characters every issue but instead give us one every now and again and do it in a way that makes us care about them. I'm sure Harbinger Wars will be something that will bring in a load of new characters, and that's fine since it's an event, but as a whole I think 1 new character every 3 issues would work and would be a pretty decent pace. I do want Valiant to grow but I don't want them to do it too fast, slow and steady is usually always the correct course and if Valiant keeps going at the pace they've been going at than I'm seeing nothing but amazing things in their future.
    Well said sir, well said. But I hope the slower place doesn't depend on all the characters being "surly" all the time. I like it dark too but a couple of well placed wise cracks can really enliven the pace for some comics I've noticed. Just kidding by the way.
    Last edited by Alton; 01-08-2013 at 06:06 PM.

I agree, VEI doesn't need Solar... but they must have ERICA PIERCE!

Oh yeah, I'm "that guy" check the nips