Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Valiant Looks Back on 2012, Forward to 2013

Executive Editor Warren Simons, Publisher Fred Pierce, CCO Dinesh Shamdasani, Marketing Manager Hunter Gorinson and Sales Manager Atom Freeman discuss Valiant's standing in the market, plans for 2013 and share exclusive art.

Full article here.

Great interview.

As far as I'm concerned, Valiant can do no wrong.

I have loved everything that they have put out so far. Can't wait for Harbinger Wars!
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

And where can I get that Christmas card????
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

Big dittos !
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Well, it was nice, but for the length of the interview, it didn't reveal much. No news on plans for new series, Quantum and Woody jokes aside. Not much in fact that we hadn't already hear, except that they're happy with sales, which I'd expect them to say anyway.

I would infer from the remarks about Ninjak in XO that Ninjak might be a new series in the coming year. IFAIK Rai was an old rumor for one as well. And Eternal Warrior or a Geomancer book seems likely. But nothing confirmed, and no word on other possible titles like Armorines or Dr. Mirage for example.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    Well, it was nice, but for the length of the interview, it didn't reveal much. No news on plans for new series, Quantum and Woody jokes aside. Not much in fact that we hadn't already hear, except that they're happy with sales, which I'd expect them to say anyway.

I would infer from the remarks about Ninjak in XO that Ninjak might be a new series in the coming year. IFAIK Rai was an old rumor for one as well. And Eternal Warrior or a Geomancer book seems likely. But nothing confirmed, and no word on other possible titles like Armorines or Dr. Mirage for example.
    My thoughts exactly.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Looking forward to reading all the Trades in the Valiant line-up, because of all the positive 'buzz'...including my back-ordered X-O Manowar Vol. 1 !

Thanks for the new desktop, I just love that Holiday poster.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

All the Valiant books are pretty amazing, looking forward to any new series they put out, hopefully we get a Solar book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    All the Valiant books are pretty amazing, looking forward to any new series they put out, hopefully we get a Solar book.
    I wouldn't count on it since the rights are owned by...someone...it's complicated...but basically VALIANT would either have to license the properties (not likely given the cost-benefit) or buy them outright (possible, but unlikely) in order to revisit Solar, Magnus or Turok.

But we do still have books like Rai, Eternal Warrior, Ninjak, Quantum & Woody, Dr. Mirage and HARD Corps to look forward to down the line.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Their is always Erica Pierce!

I thought the same as another. While I enjoyed the conversation in that interview I would've liked if they had teased, hinted at in some way what the next book is going to be. Even perhaps the next character to make a first appearance somewhere else. It seems a foregone conclusion the next book will either be Ninjak or Eternal Warrior. Longshot for Geomancer out of the three.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I thought the same as another. While I enjoyed the conversation in that interview I would've liked if they had teased, hinted at in some way what the next book is going to be. Even perhaps the next character to make a first appearance somewhere else. It seems a foregone conclusion the next book will either be Ninjak or Eternal Warrior. Longshot for Geomancer out of the three.
    I will be disappointed if Rai don't show up in 2013.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

The only trade to come out so far is X-0, is this right?
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Maidman View Post
    The only trade to come out so far is X-0, is this right?
    Yes, the next one will be Harbinger vol.1 on Jan 22
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1