Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Love the Braddock academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    How do you know it isn't a virtual reality?

Because, really, there's been more evidence that it is then there is to it being real.
    Becasue Arcades is an assassin, he kills his toy

as·sas·sin (-ssn)
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

So far we ave had one gory murder and one slapstick death with no cauterization at all on the latter. I think Meat-grinder is a CHARITABLE description/

At least it was light reading for Byrne stealing
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    So far we ave had one gory murder and one slapstick death with no cauterization at all on the latter.
    Why would flying into a forcefield cauterize somebody?

I think mikekerrIII meant "Characterization". I blame auto-correct.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Shogun of the Dork roguegenerator's Avatar

She hadn't been used much, but Red Raven is actually not a new character. She was in a few issues of the the Erik Larsen/ Kurt Busiek Defenders series in the early 2000s and is the daughter of the WWII-era hero of the same name who appeared in the Invaders a few times back in the '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by kakitamike View Post
    I'm torn on how much of each issue should be devoted to backstory, if they're just going to die anyway, but I'm sure some people will appreciate it. I'm glad Hopeless did jump into character interaction (like he said the book would be about) cause it's going to be those moments in between deaths that should be the strong points of the book.
    I've said this before, but for all the Hunger Games/Battle Royale PR, I see a whole lot of Lost in this comic. By a certain point on Lost, it became readily apparent that the bulk of the cast was not going to survive (From a cast that, at times, felt like it had about 40-50 recurring characters throughout the course, there was something like five survivors total). That said, it never stopped me from wanting backstory on these people; it was a very, very character driven series.

In comic terms, my go to for this is that Countdown to Infinite Crisis story featuring Blue Beetle. I wasn't a big DC reader, but it was long and cheap, so I gave it a shot. I've never given a damn about Blue Beetle, but they got me to care and then they unceremoniously killed him off at the end. Still one of the best mainstream comics I read that year.

I thought I'd be bummed about Red Raven's demise but I really enjoyed this origin, and yeah. Ryker's going to get played big time.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    The "Error Error" from sentinel was a pretty good hint.

The fact that Arcade is now basically the beyonder without any explanation, added with the fact that Arcade is good with VR's and robots all lead to it most likely being a virtual reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    It's all supposition. HME says there's nothing to further indicate a VR situation in the issue, and I agree.

Best not to let the supposition become assumption, and best leave that discussion to the other thread, while staying focused on the issue here.
    Yep. Or people could....oh, I dunno....keep reading to find out? (gasp!)
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Why would flying into a forcefield cauterize somebody?

A winged woman flew into the forcefield created by a sadistic murdering super scientist or whatever, and the question is the after effect? lol
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yep. Or people could....oh, I dunno....keep reading to find out? (gasp!)
    A radical suggestion indeed.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Imreallynliked the twist at the end with this being the first day Deathlocket has woken up in her new body. Literally snatched away as she saw her face for the first tim, reactive psycho-killer robot mode... she's definitely a candidate for a crazy breakdown of some sort. Which is fairly unsurprising, despite her cuteness, as her upbringing was waaaaay screwy anyway. Great stuff.

There was a bit of tonal dissonance with the slapstick death early on though, but it read all right. The art is wonderful and the emotions come across spectacularly well. Deathlocket actually looked sorry when she defended herself automatically. Something about Apex struck me as off- she said good girl when Deathlocket attacked Hazmat? She seems to be manipulating her with kindness to use as a weapon against the others. Her body language was TOO friendly, given the circumstances. We may have our first contestant mastermind here.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Another good issue which tells Ryker's story and introduces the Braddock Academy. Lol Red Raven did die from that fall which has really no impact tbh.
    Last edited by Demyx; 12-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    She seems to be manipulating her with kindness to use as a weapon against the others. Her body language was TOO friendly, given the circumstances. We may have our first contestant mastermind here.
    She most definitely is.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Going back and reading the first few pages, I'm missing how that's played for laughs. I saw it as a dark reminder of how screwed they are.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com