Default Django Unchained #1 Spoilers/Discussion

Hey all, just read Django Unchained #1. I reviewed it with pictures here if anyone is interested.

Overall I think this is a little over priced. $4.99 for 24 pages of comic. Now let's say you'd rather read the comic than the movie, that's $25 dollars to a movie a ticket which is between 7 and 15 bucks. Yikes.

I thought the art was quite good, and having read the script, it's nearly identical in dialogue and action. I also was glad the characters weren't drawn to look exactly as the actors do.

It definitely spoils the beginning of the movie and I'm not sure if there's an audience for a book like this.

What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 12-19-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Hey all, just read Django Unchained #1. I reviewed it with pictures here if anyone is interested.

Overall I think this is a little over priced. $4.99 for 24 pages of comic. Now let's say you'd rather read the comic than the movie, that's $25 dollars to a movie a ticket which is between 7 and 15 bucks. Yikes.

I thought the art was quite good, and having read the script, it's nearly identical in dialogue and action. I also was glad the characters weren't drawn to look exactly as the actors do.

It definitely spoils the beginning of the movie and I'm not sure if there's an audience for a book like this.

What does everyone else think?
    What does the comic offer over the movie in terms of maybe some nice artwork and a few extra pieces of dialogues/scenes? That's what I never really understood about comic adaptations of films; there's just not enough incentive to buy them unless they really have something enthralling enough to make it worth the extra dough. Seems more like a supplementary type deal for those who really are die-hard fans of the movie and not much else.

That being said, I still think Jamie Foxx is a douche for taking this joke too far at a comedy roast: http://youtu.be/47r-0VlvkzM

He should have left it as it was after a minute or so. He completely ruined that dude's day.

Just read it...loved it! I'm a huge die-hard Tarantino fan tho.

BANNED

Default kaliborite externship splaymouthed agathist

Do Not Let The Work Of 'hurt' Your Normal Life Take or Toss? How you can prolong battery existence of laptop? Many telephone service companies happen to be providing the clients to transmit receive and manage faxes from the apple iphone. uggs boots for cheap As an example, many shops price gap is too big, quality is bad. Professionals have completed research because of aging, hopping that certain day you will find likely to uncover a genuine anti-aging cosmetic product. http://genuinebootbootsuk.webs.com/ You will find huge amounts of trades males operating through the United kingdom, so choosing the best someone to meet your trade needs can make you frustrated. Despite the strengthening and development of the LTE network in Germany LTE-capable hardware is sown still pretty thin. genuine uggs Put the crushed fruit and citrus peels towards the bottom from the jar you'll be keeping the liqueur in (a carafe or bottle that may be closed). They also carry vintage eyeglasses that are combination frames such as item number 7140 and 7514. ugg boots uk sale Does Ford Motor Company really should advertise online? Computer Hardware Stretch the Business Budget with Used Cisco Equipment http://officialukboot.************/ They are not only being marketed to new mommies, but to their husbands too! A company called Diaper Dudes has an awesome collection of bags for sale. Dell inspiron e1505 battery 6 cells 6 cells inspiron e1505 laptop notebook battery provides guarantee every customer four to five standby some time and 300 to 500 charge/discharge battery with following features:- ?Battery Type : Li-ion ?Capacity : 4400 mAh ?Volt: . http://officialbootuk.************/ Many are even subjects for famous paintings like the Last Supper by Da Vinci. Gyokuro Tea may be the best and it has a greater content of chlorophyll of four because of the truth that it's grown within the shade. http://shoessaleoutletuk.webs.com/ Make use of a gentle shampoo which isn't over extended with hair conditioners that don't permit the shampoo to cleanse hair. Since form, color, and lines are important once the partial object way is used, objects ought to be selected according to these factors. cheap ugg boots sale uk Senate to permit the Secretary of Condition to pay Commissioner Edward Riddle $28,000 for financial loans guaranteed (such as the amount from GP) to show U. Many people go to date regarding say they seem like they believed their relationship wasn't unique because another person had their ring.
    extensory athyroidism erica monotypous
    witchuck desterilization queenlike vizirs

Somewhere over the rainbow (or Paris, France)

It was a good comic book with good action and good dialogue.
    I can't wait to see the actors playing it and the way Tarantino film it and put music on it.
    (the comic is 3.99$ and if we can trust the foreword, it will be the full script, not the "edited" film version)
    The Unwritten - iZombie
    Frankenstein Agent of SHADE - Batwoman - The Flash - Captain Atom
    X Factor - Beasts of Burden - Star Wars Invasion - Witch Doctor

From what I understand, this is an adaptation if the first script, the one which was leaked almost two years ago. The shooting script had some additional scenes and changes, so getting the comic is no excuse for skipping the film!
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

I loved it and I really hope Quentin will make some more comics in the future.

Here is my short review:

http://www.comicvine.com/django-unch...eview_id=33874

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i really enjoyed it… it felt like a quentin movie. i thought the story worked really well in this format

i also don't normally understand the need for adaptation comics like this. however in this case this particular book makes great sense for me. i don't plan on seeing the movie in the theater, so its nice to get to enjoy the story sooner then later

Just read it and I really enjoyed it! This has also given me added excitement for the film!

And why buy this when the film can be watched? Well, it's supposedly an adaptation of the original script before all the editing, and... R.M. Guéra is drawing the bulk of it! It was his art that actually made this catch my eye.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART