Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Default FF #2 *Spoilers*

FF #2 *SPOILERS*
    Marvel's First Family has left on a journey through time and space, and an interim Fantastic Four is left to hold the fort.
    spoilers:
    Keeping watch over the chronal gateway, Scott and the rest of the Future Foundation let the four-minute period lapse with no return by the Four, so they try to go through a semblance of normalcy as Onome inquires about Scott being an ex-con; Medusa, as the Inhuman Queen, expects royal treatment such as room service in the morning. Darla goes stretching on the rooftop with Artie and Leech in tow. the three visit Dragon Man who is monitoring the gate for the FF's return as She-Hulk gives the rest of the class a lecture on law when the alarm sounds on the Mole Man's attack. And his reason? To deal with the upstart FF that sully the name of his greatest enemies as unworthy of the originals. Scott directs She-Hulk to stop Gigantor and Medusa to get civilians out of harm's way. Dragon Man instructs Darla to go and help them as she is a member, and shows her Ben's old Thing exo-skeleton. But she is unfamiliar with it and runs precariously. But all is settled: Ant-Man gets in Moley's eye, She-Hulk deliver's the KO punch as Medusa restrains Gigantor (who complains to himself it's supposed to be his off-day). Feeling useless and a liability, the next day Darla tearfully leaves the Baxter Building. Just then the alarms sounds off, and as the FF look to the gate, a one-eyed Johnny returns by himself, without any ship, exulting that he made it alive, then destroys the gate, saying the Fantastic Four are dead.
    end of spoilers
    So, do you agree with the motive of the villain for attacking the FF? Was the fight too long or too short? How the villain's first appearance in FF compare to that in the original Fantastic Four issue?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

BANNED

Well we know that last statement isn't true cause Reed is in New Avengers.

Oh goody... Reed Richards was wrong, and his family paid the price. Again. That's definitely a way to show off the character's intellect.

We couldn't have a nice straightforward adventure tale, no. It HAS to be depicted with a hidden agenda that ends badly.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well we know that last statement isn't true cause Reed is in New Avengers.
    T'challa is king of the dead. what makes you think that doesn't have something to do with Reed's involvement?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    T'challa is king of the dead. what makes you think that doesn't have something to do with Reed's involvement?
    I'm PREEEETTY sure that Reed being in New Avengers kinda screw up FF.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was a fun issue. At least stuff happened, although the Mole Man fight was too short.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm PREEEETTY sure that Reed being in New Avengers kinda screw up FF.
    yeah but you're also often wrong.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

This issue was so good. Easily Marvel's best book, at least until Young Avengers is out.

A bit of a downturn for me.

The kids were great, and Allred is amazing, but the plot, and all the rest of the characters were quite bland. The character work wasn't nearly as strong, universally, as it was last issue.

A bit disappointed.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Great issue! I'm loving what Fraction is doing in FF! At first contact I wasn't a fan of Allred but I love his work so far in FF!

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

I love this book. I just... love this and it is only on issue 2!

Falling in love with Darla, which changes my opinion from the beginning when I first heard about her and then wanting to know more and now... it's all love.

Love is the word of the day.

Machine That Says BOOP BOOP Room.

i will say i was somewhat skeptical when it was announced Fraction would take over both books, as he is hit or miss with me. but so far his Fantastic 4 and FF have been really great.

Loving this! Great 2nd issue! From interviews it sounds like Allred will be around for the long haul and that's music to my ears.

This is a great book. Really fun, pulpy greatness. Thought the setup at the end was really cool.
    Comics are more better.

Add me to the list of people who loved this book.