Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've said it before with the last issue and I will say it again, even with flowery language, which isn't that bad since I've read Gillen's run and other literature of similar tone, I really like this book right now. Immonen is carrying a similar tone that Gillen had, but with a completely new character as the focus things are fresh in how it will turn out. Sif is smart but as she is now, she is the biggest threat seen on the panel, Heimdall seems likely to have sent her to the past but we will see what ultimately will come of this story but her berserker tainted insults laced with hard truths at the people she encountered while looking for a legit battle are spot on and entertaining. Not happy about what she did to Volstagg's daughter but it set up the excellently drawn and worded clash between Sif and Heimdall at the end of the book.

The preview art before this run didn't do Valerio Schiti's art justice, combined with excellent colors by Bellaire, this is probably one of the best drawn books I've seen of this week's releases. Can't wait for the next issue, it is sure to have some good action for Sif to sate her bloodlust and for us to see how this fantastic art team does with different types of big action against giant monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Was she on earth alot?
    There were two scenes outside of Asgardia, one she was trying to pick a fight with a loser in a bar that was bitching about a international news story with nearly 100 dead and the other a short bit that had a talking wolf and bird discussing humans.

I really enjoyed this issue and am enjoying the beginning of this iteration of Journey into Mystery. I really wish this got a bigger push at the beginning of Marvel NOW! as I feel a lot more people would be reading it and enjoying it, especially those who like Thor: God of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue and am enjoying the beginning of this iteration of Journey into Mystery. I really wish this got a bigger push at the beginning of Marvel NOW! as I feel a lot more people would be reading it and enjoying it, especially those who like Thor: God of Thunder.
    A brand new #1 could have given the book a better chance to find an audience. One only need look at the substantial gains X-Men Legacy and Deadpool saw in light of Marvel NOW.

This was really good. I enjoyed it more than the first issue actually. Definitely sticking with this one.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 12-20-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I liked this issue a lot better than #1

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    a talking wolf and bird discussing humans.
    Possibly dumb question: are we supposed to know who the wolf and bird are?

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    Who's the monster at the end? Is that from the monster era of Journey Into Mystery?
    He is the Ruler of Earth and he was in Journey Into Mystery #81. Apparently he's some kind of supercomputer. This one's the cover variant. The interior version looks substantially less organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Show View Post
    Possibly dumb question: are we supposed to know who the wolf and bird are?
    They were in the story Sif read in issue one. I'm thinking the crows may be Odin's.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

This book is fuuuuun! I like the broad mix it has with action, humor, and Sif's attitude. The art even adds more to it cause Valerio is great at designs and facial expressions.

Speaking of Schiti, I loved the horseback duel between Sif and Fandral.