Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Which makes it interesting how he describes Milan and yet has not done anything about him. Which suggests Milan is harmless, Lennox cannot do it or Lennox really needs MIlan around.

Still great issue.

As for weapons summoning works fine for me especially if it lets her pull out arrows and bows. Spears and sheilds and the like. Sure beats her having to haul gear.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I loved this issue.

Diana saying "It better be nothing... when a woman like me is backing him up" was beautiful! I do believe she was underused but it still was great. This was definitely one hell of a fun issue.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

I posted this on the "What do women think" thread but also as a general question...

What were the thoughts this issue on the interaction between Hera and Zola.

thought it was pretty weird that Zola is now so non-homicidal around Hera. She says "You tried to kill me" but shouldn't that have been "You tried to kill me AND my baby" ? I didnt think a mother would be so forgiving of the latter.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I posted this on the "What do women think" thread but also as a general question...

thought it was pretty weird that Zola is now so non-homicidal around Hera. She says "You tried to kill me" but shouldn't that have been "You tried to kill me AND my baby" ? I didnt think a mother would be so forgiving of the latter.
    I think it remains to be seen how non-homicidal Zola is feeling. Diana may have inadvertently given Zola an idea when she told Hera that the city would eat her alive.

BANNED

Partially I think Zola's change in attitude is to do with the length of time they have now been in the same building together (which I know we have no true sense of), so eventually she would grow out of the "RAHHH!/Strangle" mode and settle into the 'shimmering rage' she is in now (like Atroctius isn't walking around in a Hulk-like rage).

The second bit...I honestly don't know about this, but couldn't Zola simply have that mindset that the baby and her are one as long as it was in her womb?
    Alternatively you could say Hera never directly tried to kill the baby without killing Zola.

Also, isn't it equally odd that Hera hasn't attempted to kill either Zola or Lennox since she was 'mortalized'? (I assume she knows she cant kill Diana)

I actually like the idea of them finding common ground in both having a baby stolen from them and bonding. I would like Hera to find some form of redemption, and I like the idea of her and Zola as misfit friends. I found the scene with them fighting over the remote pretty damned funny.

I figured that Zola was less homicidal because she's calmed down a bit and has listened to Diana's reasons for keeping Hera around. She'd be hurting Diana as well by harming Hera. But then I also think that Zola is going to accidently on purpose lose Hera somewhere. Though I also think she'll have a change of heart and save Hera from whatever danger she's dumped her in. Thus they both learn an important life lesson and the next issue will have a moral for us all to consider.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Which makes it interesting how he describes Milan and yet has not done anything about him. Which suggests Milan is harmless, Lennox cannot do it or Lennox really needs MIlan around.
    Yeah, Milan seems harmless enough. I think Lennox makes him sound dangerous as a way of talking Diana out of going to see him alone and possibly hearing from him about what Lennox did to their sister.

I think Zola is feeling less threatened by Hera because 1. Hera is no longer incredibly powerful and 2. it's taken her down a few notches. Hera's been humbled, and although she's still acting her imperious self, her vulnerability and mortality has had some effect.

For me, the angry "Stop it!" from Diana came a bit out of the blue. I get that we are supposed.to assume they have been fighting like this for a while but since we haven't seen that much of it and Diana makes no reference to previous incidents it seemed unnatural.
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

For me, the angry "Stop it!" from Diana came a bit out of the blue. I get that we are supposed.to assume they have been Fiji.g this for a while but since we haven't seen that much of it and Diana makes no reference to previous incidents it seemed unnatural.
    Yeah Its too assume that since the last time Zola tried to choke Hera out on the Floor they have been doing petty things back and forth to each other. And Diana has to be the Strict Mom of them so her Anger flares up as she see's them go at again over the Remote. My mom used to to that when me and My older sister used to punch each other while watching TV because we were annoyed with the presence of the other.

For me, the angry "Stop it!" from Diana came a bit out of the blue. I get that we are supposed.to assume they have been Fiji.g this for a while but since we haven't seen that much of it and Diana makes no reference to previous incidents it seemed unnatural.
    This is one of the best pages I've ever seen Chiang do. I'm impressed!

I think this reaction from her would've made more sense had we witnessed more bickering between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post

I think this reaction from her would've made more sense had we witnessed more bickering between the two.

I agree. But that's the thing, we dont see it. They went from murderous in issue 13 to bickering children here. A page in last issue where we saw Lennox trying to deal with them would have helped a lot here.

And of course, more unanswered questions. Where does the money for the suite come from? And does nobody actually know who Wonder Woman is? You would think if they did the media would be staking out the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post

Diana's knowing half-smile in that last panel, oh! I swear she's got a twinkle in her eyes.

good issue. loved the line "it better be nothing...when a woman like me is backing him up." im curious to see if the sword summoning power sticks.

did the First Born remind anyone of ATLAS the Jack Kirby character? huge figure wear the red man skirt and sash.

BANNED

And of course, more unanswered questions. Where does the money for the suite come from? And does nobody actually know who Wonder Woman is? You would think if they did the media would be staking out the place.
    I assume Diana knows how to travel in cognito.
    As for the money...think the only time that was ever questioned was when she had to sleep on someones couch.