Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by swatkat View Post
    He has a thing for Odd Couples doesn't he? Diana and Strife, Zola and Hera...
    And Milan and Orion, and again Diana with Lennox is not something you see often. Some complain the plot is slow, well sometimes I wish it was even slower just to have entire issues dedicated to these characters just hanging around, building relationships and friendships and what not, Like those issue of Bendis' avengers were nothing happens but people just talk... only, you know, with Azzarello dialogues and characterizations, so it would actually be interesting.

Like, from London to New York, all four of them, they had to get on a plane, no? Hera and Zola on a plan with Diana trying to keep them from killing each other?! I WANNA READ THAT!
    Last edited by WhitOro; 12-19-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by swatkat View Post
    I don't think her rushing to take control of the situation when larger powers are at work is in any way a good idea -- it's a bid that would fail right now, and Diana knows it. That's why she's waiting and watching.
    Yeah, that's a good point.

But 22 pages are simply not enough, augh.
    More pages? I'd sign that petition!

There's never enough Diana.

I have a soft spot for anything that involves dual-wielding though, so digging the new bracelet powers. =3 A fighting style like that almost has to highlight finesse instead of brute force, out of necessity...dunno, this just might be the add-on Diana needs to not just always look like a female Superman in a lot of fights...
    Last edited by lcg16; 12-19-2012 at 08:18 AM.

What did Lennox mean by "six of us accounted for..."?
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    What did Lennox mean by "six of us accounted for..."?
    That as far as he (and the others) know, there are six of them?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Milan knows there's seven. The implication was "Six of us accounted for, now add this one and we've got the full set."

Anything add on to Wonder Woman's power set is good enough for me. Superman can utilise any feature on his face, and Batman just happening to have everything in his utility belt. This is a good day for Wonder Woman. She has god mode, and now summoning swords.

Would love to see if Johns' Diana going to be carrying a sword with her or will she summon it in the JL issue.
    Last edited by Bluewing_A23; 12-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Ok, thank you.

My thoughts about the issue:

It was good. Not "oh my god this is so awesome" because it is more of a set-up. But I must say this issue has, in my opinion, the most brilliant dialogue in the series so far. Almost every line is build on previous words, catch phrases, allusions and abstract things, combining with puns and funny stuff. It's even hard to understand the full meaning, or all the meanings, of some lines. It's not just dialogue, it's a work of art. Seriously.

Chiang. How I missed your art. There's not so much else to say. A delight to my eyes.

About the story, mysteries about the brood. What does Orion know about it? "Riddles"?
    Saying Lennox had some control over her demonstrates a bit of submission, even if she is not overall submissive. Wasn't everyone being a bit submissive to each other Marston's idea?
    "...when a woman like me is backing him up." YOU GO GIRL!
    I wonder if the bracelets can materialize weapons and things according to the situation, not just swords. Like, swords appeared because WW was attacking directly, but in another situation?
    Cool to see Zola and Hera getting along. I almost forget how shocked I was after what Hera did with Siracca in the last issue.
    And finally, cool (no pun intended) ice monsters sent by Hades (I presume) to kill the First Born. Epic!

Veteran Member

About the story, mysteries about the brood. What does Orion know about it? "Riddles"?
    Yeah, good stuff. It seems like Orion has been told that the last of Zeus' line will lead to the threat to the Source and time itself that Highfather mentioned last issue. Orion now thinks Wonder Woman is the last of her line, because he doesn't know about Zola's kid.

And finally, cool (no pun intended) ice monsters sent by Hades (I presume) to kill the First Born. Epic!
    Or Poseidon. Ice is water, after all, so it would make sense for Poseidon to take this form. Or the three ice monsters could be avatars of Hades, Poseidon, and...Apollo, in place of Zeus?

Well it's got to be Hades, Poseidon, Demetia, or Hestia. I think it could be Demeter, if there's a connection between the First Born and last born sons of Zeus.

And lets not get into the fact that technically the First Born is Zeus' nephew, as he's the son of his sister...

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Orion now thinks Wonder Woman is the last of her line, because he doesn't know about Zola's kid.
    But Zola's child would be from the 21st century, not 20th. Unless it's the overall Zeus' lineage, not just the 20th century brood.

And I was just wondering... probably this issue didn't strike me so much because I read the major spoilers
    Damn me.
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 12-19-2012 at 10:06 AM.

But Zola's child would be from the 21st century, not 20th. Unless it's the overall Zeus' lineage, not just the 20th century brood.

And I was just wondering... probably this issue didn't strike me so much because I read the major spoilers
    Damn me.
    LOL. Relax, I haven't read it yet either... but from what I've read it's probably another 5 minute read, with another 43200 minutes (a month) to wait for the next 5 minutes next month.

BANNED

That assumes Zeus/the Olympians count time in regards to when Christ was born

The curious one.

I wonder if Zola isn't leading Hera out into the city with the firm knowlege that Hera is going to get into serious trouble. Someone with her attitude and beauty only has to walk into the wrong part of town to find danger and Zola has zero reason to keep Hera alive. As to redeeming Hera, let's as Sirroco about that.

BANNED

Love this issue, Chiang needs to draw more issues. The character dynamics and the world building both make this book.