Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Your intellectual savior thirdfalcon's Avatar

I can kind of see where people are coming from with regards to Deicimation because they like the idea of mutants being like a real minority with enough people to be a true community with it's own culture. And while really the only time that it was like this was during Grant Morrison's run, and even the patron saint of X-books mostly ignored this while he was writing his own book at the same time, even though Morrison's run is only a very small part of X-history, I can see being upset that we never got to see where that thread went.

If that's anything resembling what your talking about then I can see what you mean. I don't agree with you, and I think you're blowing things way out of proportion, but it's understandable, and it's a place to start a disscussion.

So far I haven't seen anything other than,"I don't like the characters that are being used, use my favorite characters or I'll flame you on the message boards."
    Last edited by thirdfalcon; 12-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Right? I think all the Now books are great, and the X-men ar no different. ANXM is great, and while I'm a bit iffy on Cable and X-Force, I haven't been truly disappointed by any of the X-men Now books.
    As a huge fan of Domino I can't praise CaXF's first two issues highly enough. She's been superb.

Plus the real Hope is back, and working hard to make up for her mishandling throughout AvX.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Needs a new title to clear the air between it and that other (ewwww) X-Force book.

I suggest Cable's X-Losers. Cable's Hobo Crew? The Bums? Cable in Charge? My Two Cables? Forge N Frienz? Domino gets passed around like a fresh pack of cigs in the clink?

Your intellectual savior thirdfalcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Domino gets passed around like a fresh pack of cigs in the clink?
    Are you sure they could fit this on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    As a huge fan of Domino I can't praise CaXF's first two issues highly enough. She's been superb.

Plus the real Hope is back, and working hard to make up for her mishandling throughout AvX.
    Domino's the only good thing about it. So far Hope has been really boring in it.
    XPOTM:September 2010

BANNED

Needs a new title to clear the air between it and that other (ewwww) X-Force book.

I suggest Cable's X-Losers. Cable's Hobo Crew? The Bums? Cable in Charge? My Two Cables? Forge N Frienz? Domino gets passed around like a fresh pack of cigs in the clink?
    I bet within the first arc you'll become a fan.

Domino & Her Band Of Crazy Old Bums.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

May not like what marvel is doing to alot of the X-men but then I look at Spider-man and realize it can get soooo much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdfalcon View Post
    Are you sure they could fit this on the cover?
    make it werk.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I agree with this -- plenty of potential, especially with "new" mutants being re-powered and born.
    It's not even that. Most x-books in the wake of Schism didn't have much of a distinct premise. For the sake of fairness, it's pretty much been like this ever since X-Force pretty much highjacked the franchise back during Messiah Complex.

Domino gets passed around like a fresh pack of cigs in the clink?
    More sex to go with my violence would be a welcome happenstance.

BANNED

Don't become a victim of this smelly thread guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Domino & Her Band Of Crazy Old Bums.

^ This right here. Hopefully withins months, it will become "Domino, Lady Mastermind, and a few old men"
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It's not even that. Most x-books in the wake of Schism didn't have much of a distinct premise. For the sake of fairness, it's pretty much been like this ever since X-Force pretty much highjacked the franchise back during Messiah Complex.
    I jumped back on with the new "The New Mutants" and Remender's X-Force so I missed that party.

With any luck, new mutants being born will also mean new mutants being written about, which is mostly what I'm looking for as a reader.

I like Cyclops' new direction, I like the use of Magik, I like Emma as a character, I like Magneto's adaptation to new circumstances but I also want to see some new blood brought to the forefront.

As an avid X-Book reader, the New Mutants appealed to me because they were "new" at the time. The same could be said for Generation X when it launched.

I'm not getting that same "fresh and original" vibe from the NOW series' recycled characters, but I'd agree that the X-Books are definitely in a better place now than they were before and during Schism and AvX.

It reminds me of something I read about the music industry where they used to nurture new artists and build "hit" albums versus now where they just look for the next "hit" single, artistry and legacy be damned.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I jumped back on with the new "The New Mutants" and Remender's X-Force so I missed that party.

With any luck, new mutants being born will also mean new mutants being written about, which is mostly what I'm looking for as a reader.

I like Cyclops' new direction, I like the use of Magik, I like Emma as a character, I like Magneto's adaptation to new circumstances but I also want to see some new blood brought to the forefront.

As an avid X-Book reader, the New Mutants appealed to me because they were "new" at the time. The same could be said for Generation X when it launched.

I'm not getting that same "fresh and original" vibe from the NOW series' recycled characters, but I'd agree that the X-Books are definitely in a better place now than they were before and during Schism and AvX.

It reminds me of something I read about the music industry where they used to nurture new artists and build "hit" albums versus now where they just look for the next "hit" single, artistry and legacy be damned.
    You can blame X Factor for that!