Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    there was gun violence like this long before the first violent video game came to play. a sick mind is a sick mind and eradicating violence in video games is not the cure. any healthy sane person can tell the difference between entertainment and the real world. in fact, i believe its been proven that getting to blow stuff up in video games is a good stress relief. so the source of the problem is not the violence in video games... it's the individual.

i've been playing violent video games (starting with moral kombat 1) since i was 5 years old and doing something like the CT shooting has NEVER crossed my mind and i've no interest in owning a gun. so no. think again.
    Just love this kind of "let's do nothing about anything" kind of way of thinking. That's so modern you know.

People are so damn lazy now. To lazy to think, to lazy to act.

Not saying that video games are dangerous or whatever but i have seen a lot of that lazy-ass attitude lately about numerous subjects in fact.

No wonder the world is how it is. No wonder at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Just love this kind of "let's do nothing about anything" kind of way of thinking. That's so modern you know.

People are so damn lazy now. To lazy to think, to lazy to act.

Not saying that video games are dangerous or whatever but i have seen a lot of that lazy-ass attitude lately about numerous subjects in fact.

No wonder the world is how it is. No wonder at all.
    how is that remotely "let's not do anything about anything"?

The poster suggested that eradicating violence in video games isn't the cure. Which it isn't. He didn't say we shouldn't bother trying to do anything.

It wasn't really directed at him. More a general comment on people's attitude i have witnessed of late.

It wasn't really directed at him. More a general comment on people's attitude i have witnessed of late.
    I can only assume you are personally doing something to change the world?

Edit: Actually ignore that, it's a bit over the top as a response, apologies.

It's the type of atrocity that it's hard for the clear thinking and sane to get their heads around, almost like the problem is too big for them. That doesn't make people lazy to think or act, it just makes them perplexed at how this type of situation arises.

What suggestions do you have to try and stop this type of thing happening in the future?
    Last edited by idlewildered; 12-20-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    I can only assume you are personally doing something to change the world?
    Your assumption is right actually.

I work in the medico-social sector and yeah, every single day i do my (small) part.

And hey, never said that i have all the answers. I would be doing politics if i believed so.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-20-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Your assumption is right actually.

I work in the medico-social sector and yeah, every single day i do my (small) part.

And hey, never said that i have all the answers. I would be doing politics if i believed so.
    fair play to you, once again, apologies for any snippyness on my part.

my other half is a family therapist in Scotland and it's an uphill struggle most of the time. nothing but admiration for her and anyone else doing their bit. Can't say the same for myself sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal View Post
    let put this to perspective my Canadian friend our population and size can also tribute to less deaths,our country is also has better gun laws then the states do.
    The U.S. has almost 10 times our population. 10X52 is 520. That still leaves them with more than twice our per capita.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    i said in another thread that it wouldn't be too long before rap/hip-hop and heavy metal is brought up. that's just how it goes.
    they already started....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Is anyone actually surprised at this? This happens at every shooting.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    I'm not surprised. It's the same old shit, same old arguments, same old recriminations every time. Right now everyone's crying for something to be done and mark my words, the most that will happen is we'll get a couple new useless gun laws that'll do nothing to prevent the next massacre and we'll go through it all again. Not saying nothing should be done, but discussing it in this venue is kind of pointless because there's nothing we can say that wasn't said in the thread that was posted the last time someone tried to blame video games for a shooting.

I think the media is slightly at fault for lionizing Klebold and Harris in a way that made them seem like rebellious loner outcasts.

So nowadays anyone who fits that description and plays violent video games is engrained with that shoot a school mentality.

Of course there are other complicated factors like mental illness and lack of gun control for assault weapons which contributed to this.

Like Penn and Teller said: Bullshit.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    I think people were more put off guard by all the straw grabbing the media and the NRA were doing.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

The just seems to be a lot of finger pointing and that's about it.

nothing ever gets done.

Pretty sure game are rated and if you are not a certain age you need a parent to buy it for you. It is the parent's job to decide if the game is too violent, and if by some chance games were responsible (they're not), then it is the parent's fault.

Still never understood why my aunts and uncles buy my six year old cousins violent games.