View Poll Results: Will you read Superior Spider-man

Voters
301. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

157 52.16%
  • No

144 47.84%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Absolutly not after I read the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    you poor, poor, delusional fool.

Trust in PAD
    Who is PAD?

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Who is PAD?
    I weep for the future.

Myans Please End it before it gets anyworse
    Last edited by DeadXMan; 12-19-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    More accurately "Have someone read/explain it to me" -Schmitty
    P.S. "Please bring glove puppets! Something shiny, too!"
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

R.I.P. Blue Beetle AlanScott606's Avatar

PAD = Peter David

In Waid I trust.

That said I will give it a try but on an extremely short leash. If anyone can pull this is off it's Dan but I won't give it more than a couple of issues to convince me.
    Last edited by AlanScott606; 12-19-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanScott606 View Post
    PAD = Peter David

In Waid I trust.

That said I will give it a try but on an extremely short leash. If anyone can pull this is off it's Dan but I won't give it more than a couple of issues to convince me.
    Waid cool but his trying to make the marvel zombies hate doom backfired.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by kingofsting View Post
    haven't read ASM regularly since OMD (still not happy with that outcome, but que sera, sera), and after reading an early copy of 700, I CANT WAIT to go to my LCS next week and happily hand over my money to have the privilege of owning a physical copy of this landmark issue. I want to shake dan slott, steve wacker and axel alonso's hands for this story. ASM 700 is one of the best issues of ASM i have EVER read, and one of the best spider-man comics i have ever read, overall. I have found slott to be very hit or miss during the big time era, and I did not really enjoy Ends of the Earth, but reading 698-700 inspired me to pick up the premiere hardcovers for Died in Your Arms, Big Time (which ive already got in tpb, along with Matters of Life and Death), and Danger zone, to go along with my Spider Island HC.
    Haha I did the same thing. Got an early issue of 700+15.1, and just ordered the BT UC, plus SI Companion and EotE.

I wanted to have them all in HC, but they will still be out of order anyway due to some being oversized so I'll just get them in any format.

I think they need to do an OHC of all Slott's run, like with Waid's Daredevil, or an omnibus series like Brubaker's Captain America.

Here's my guess as to how this all went down, and again, it's a guess... So I could be totally wrong, I'm just throwing this out there.

Dan Slott had the idea for this storyline as far back as issue 600. He was going to do it a while ago, but Spider Island came up. This is all documented.

When Marvel decided to launch "Marvel Now" and renumber all the comics, I don't know, but I'm assuming it came up after Dan dreamt up "Dying Wish".

Marvel does their retreat to discuss "Marvel Now", everyone switches book with a bunch of relaunches, Slott says "You'll have to pry Spider-Man from my cold dead hands" (or something like that.)

But the timing works out with his plans for "Dying Wish", so they tie it into the Marvel Now campaign.

So what my guess is (here's my guess), Dan's original intention was never to "end" ASM and launch a whole new title, it was probably going to be an arc within the pages of ASM, it could have been a year-long arc or longer (BND, BIG TIME, SUPERIOR), but the timing was so perfect with the launch of Marvel Now, they decided to end ASM, create a new book and use the publicity machine already in place for Marvel Now to make it seem like this is a bigger, more final moment for Spider-Man.

Again, if it hadn't been for Marvel Now, this storyline would have been within the pages of ASM, and people wouldn't be freaking out as much as they are.

Because then it wouldn't be implied that it's as permanent as it is now implied.

So, that being said, I would suggest people read Superior, because it'll probably be a really fun ride, and trust in Slott that it is just an arc, that will eventually end.

(Cue Mr. Wacker to tell me I'm dead wrong.)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    Here's my guess as to how this all went down, and again, it's a guess... So I could be totally wrong, I'm just throwing this out there.

Dan Slott had the idea for this storyline as far back as issue 600. He was going to do it a while ago, but Spider Island came up. This is all documented.

When Marvel decided to launch "Marvel Now" and renumber all the comics, I don't know, but I'm assuming it came up after Dan dreamt up "Dying Wish".

Marvel does their retreat to discuss "Marvel Now", everyone switches book with a bunch of relaunches, Slott says "You'll have to pry Spider-Man from my cold dead hands" (or something like that.)

But the timing works out with his plans for "Dying Wish", so they tie it into the Marvel Now campaign.

So what my guess is (here's my guess), Dan's original intention was never to "end" ASM and launch a whole new title, it was probably going to be an arc within the pages of ASM, it could have been a year-long arc or longer (BND, BIG TIME, SUPERIOR), but the timing was so perfect with the launch of Marvel Now, they decided to end ASM, create a new book and use the publicity machine already in place for Marvel Now to make it seem like this is a bigger, more final moment for Spider-Man.

Again, if it hadn't been for Marvel Now, this storyline would have been within the pages of ASM, and people wouldn't be freaking out as much as they are.

Because then it wouldn't be implied that it's as permanent as it is now implied.

So, that being said, I would suggest people read Superior, because it'll probably be a really fun ride, and trust in Slott that it is just an arc, that will eventually end.

(Cue Mr. Wacker to tell me I'm dead wrong.)
    Up to a point, that's pretty good.

SW

After 700, I am intrigued to see where this goes. I have been reading ASM non stop since 1992, if I didnt drop during the 5 year clone saga and the Norman banging Gwen Stacy crap, I am not dropping whatever the book will be called in the future.

Resident Curmudgeon

Absolutely. I hope it is permanent. This has been a great story and I truly feel that this new Spider-Man will be Superior to the old one.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Absolutely. I hope it is permanent. This has been a great story and I truly feel that this new Spider-Man will be Superior to the old one.
    Uuuummm... what? Peter makes Spidey...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Yep. I'd hate to be one of those knee-jerk readers screaming, "You took away mah Spider-Merbs!" before the story is said and done. And the story is far from said and done.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Up to a point, that's pretty good.

SW

up until "that will eventually end." right?

Resident Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Uuuummm... what? Peter makes Spidey...
    Like Steve Wacker said, eventually the Peter Parker fans will fade away and move on and fans of the new Spider-Man will replace them becoming the new fanbase.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men