View Poll Results: Will you read Superior Spider-man

Voters
301. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

157 52.16%
  • No

144 47.84%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It depends. If it ends up being a Pete/Ock amalgamation or body-share of some kind, I probably will. If it's just Ock in Pete's body, I'll be passing for sure. Like ShredHead said, between Scarlet Spider and Venom, I already get my fix of non-Peter Paker with spider powers doing spider hero stuff but with a badass edge. I fear if that's where they go, it's just gonna end up feeling like more of the same of what I've been reading for the last 2 years in those books.

Heck ya I'm gunna read it, I feel this is one of those ideas in comic book history that could be a huge milestone, one that goes the distance or crashes and burns that has the Marvel braintrust trying to repair it for years to come.

I trust in Dan, I am in. Especially if what I think may happen, what is only the first stage of what is actually happening, goes down in ASM 700. If it does, we OMD/OMIT haters may be getting what a lot of us have been asking for since then. And it is not the Peter/MJ reunion. Something way better than that. So I am going to hang on and enjoy the ride, and hope it turns in the direction I think it just might.

Nope won't be reading Marvel want my money they bring back Peter asap until then my money is better spent elsewhere.

Of course I'll keep reading. It's not going to be permanent and it will be interesting to see what happens and how Peter will reclaim the mantle. I'd hate to see how some posters handle real life problems if they're getting so worked up by a fictional comic book character.

I just added it to my pull list yesterday.

Yes, I'll try a couple of issues. It might be a huge success or total failure, but it should be collecable if nothing else. My continuing to read SSM will depend on several factors. However, if Spider-Man is no longer Peter Park and some kind of amoral imbecile, that will probably end my intrest in Spider-man.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Nope, not supporting it. I'll be back when Amazing returns.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Slott/Stegman/Ramos/Camuncoli

A dream team. Literally. If this was a few years ago I'd have bought it in a second, but as I'm dropping all comics I'll probably tradewait if the reviews are good. Might buy #1 just for interests sake, but I know that'll get me buying #2, then #3, then #3A and #3.1 etc.

Absolutely! I have faith that this will be a really Cool/Major story arc. I just hope it doesn’t go much past 6-8 issues before they revert back to the right Name & Numbering.
    Friend Of Ol Marvel - Nuff Said

Yes,of course i will be reading it.And i dont even know who is Superior Spider-Man ,but Dan Slott is writing it so thats more that enough reasons to get at least the first issues.
    His run in ASM have been all sort of awesome,so i think that trend will keep on in the Superior Spider-Man title.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

By the way, the whole Re-Numbering gimmick is probably my Least favorite Gimmick in comicdom. I Hate it. But for some reason, maybe because of this griping and unique story line, I dont seem to mind much This Time. I know it will be temporary and because it will be someone besides Pete behind his mask who Stole his persona, the title fits. It just comes across to me this time as a tool for the story line and not so much a tool for the gimmick of selling more number 1s. just my thoughts.
    Friend Of Ol Marvel - Nuff Said

Hell yes I'll be reading it!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Nah, i really don't think i will read that stuff.

If i wanted to read about a different dude in the Spider-man costume i would be reading the ultimate line, thank you very much.

But hey, best of luck.

haven't read ASM regularly since OMD (still not happy with that outcome, but que sera, sera), and after reading an early copy of 700, I CANT WAIT to go to my LCS next week and happily hand over my money to have the privilege of owning a physical copy of this landmark issue. I want to shake dan slott, steve wacker and axel alonso's hands for this story. ASM 700 is one of the best issues of ASM i have EVER read, and one of the best spider-man comics i have ever read, overall. I have found slott to be very hit or miss during the big time era, and I did not really enjoy Ends of the Earth, but reading 698-700 inspired me to pick up the premiere hardcovers for Died in Your Arms, Big Time (which ive already got in tpb, along with Matters of Life and Death), and Danger zone, to go along with my Spider Island HC.

I think it's hilarious that fanboys are crappin their diapers over what's going on in the book, and what they think is going to go on in the Superior era based on a hazy mix of truth, rumors, conjecture, and fear. I say Make Mine Marvel, NOW! and Forever