View Poll Results: Will you read Superior Spider-man

Voters
301. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

157 52.16%
  • No

144 47.84%
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    I don't know why you'd find that "hilarious."

I like legacy characters. If Marvel hadn't panicked, Ben Reilly might still be Spider-Man today. And I'd have no problem with that, because he entails what kind of person Spider-Man is supposed to be.

This new Spider-Man, however, does not.
    I supose that depends on what story about the writing of the clone saga you believe... aside from it being the defintiive how-to-not do something. And I think declaring decades worths of story as having 'not been the real Spider-Man all along' is far worse than anything that has been done yet by the Superior Spider-Man storyline.

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

I like legacy characters.
    except Ben Reilly isn't a legacy character.

He's a different version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and yet basically the same, with a twist. it almost sounds like...gasp, Superior Spider-Man! (assuming they carry through with the body switching angle)
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    except Ben Reilly isn't a legacy character.

He's a different version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and yet basically the same, with a twist. it almost sounds like...gasp, Superior Spider-Man! (assuming they carry through with the body switching angle)
    Didn't he have like a... harder edge or something? Like he was all PUNCHIER and MORE AGGRESSIVE than Peter was?

I find this response exceptionally hilarious coming from someone with a Ben Reilly avatar
    Oh snap!

Responding to the OP. I might try it out. Truth is, we haven't read 700 yet, so we don't really know what's going to happen. Also, a major point for me is whether this is a new status-quo or part of a story arc.

If it's a status-quo, no, I'm not interested. Again, most of us don't read Spider-Man for Spider-Man, but rather Peter Parker.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

15 posts with spoilers were deleted.

There were some good points made, so I'll try to restore those posts in about 48 hours when discussion of what happens in Amazing Spider-Man #700 is allowed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

There's very little "interesting" stuff that can be done with this premise. The only question is how long they'll stretch it out for.
    I'll disagree there.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

For someone who isn't listening, you sure do manage to respond to every post I make.

Do you have an online notification that goes off whenever I post something somewhere?
    Wacker's personality insecurities don't allow him to not try to have the last word. His Mom's the only one who actually finds him amusing. I'm still hoping to meet up with him at Chicago Comic-Con this summer so we can lament the by then cancelled Morbius in person. I'll even buy him Long Islands to provide comfort. But I'm not holding out hope.

He's the little dog who constantly gets whapped by the big dog wearing the derby and sweater in the cartoons. It's funny letting him flail.
    Piers Morgan: another liberal douschebag bites the dust.
    Do us all a favor and mean it this time Mr. Baldwin.
    Tired of tolerating.

Quote Originally Posted by vh4ever View Post
    Wacker's personality insecurities don't allow him to not try to have the last word. His Mom's the only one who actually finds him amusing.
    wacker's war on crazy might just be my favorite thing on the internet.

How did America vote for children to be shot? Your signature is confusing.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Veteran Member

well, thankfully, I wholeheartedly believe that those whining on the internet represent a small percentage of the actual people buying comics. it has to be, or else nobody would be buying anything, since according to a majority of online "fans", everything is horrible
    There's an old Usenet quote from someone that if message board opinion was as universal as people think, then "Quantum and Woody" would have sold as many copies as the Bible.

SW

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    wacker's war on crazy might just be my favorite thing on the internet.
    Merry X-Mas (War is Over)
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    The "fans want change" thought is one of the biggest myths in the history of comics. Fans (well, a large number of them) don't want change, they want the illusion of change.

With the advent of the internet its becoming more and more evident that a lot of fans don't really want any sort of meaningful change. In fact, I will go as far and say that some fans have made their feelings very,very clear that they don't want any sort of change (if opinions on these boards are anything to go by)

These days everthing is a "slap in the face of the fans" or "Marvel is trying to get rid of its fans" or "Marvel hates its fans" or some hyperbole. Heck, Marvel putting a banner in front of the comics has caused some fans to quit Marvel after X number of years according to some folk. I agree with Mr Wacker when he said that some people get offended by Marvel merely telling a story, yes, fans these days are soooo sensitive. It's pretty funny at times.

What I find genuinely disturbing though is the suggestion that Marvel and Slott was "provoking" its fans by simply promoting a storyline, in this case, the events of Amazing Spider-man 700. How and why Mr Slott's statements and Marvel's hype cause some fans to go experience existential crisis is well beyond me. It's really disturbing.
    I would actually be fine with change. I was fine with Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern. More than fine with Hulk being smart for once, and healing his fractured psyche. Would like Spider-Man to grow up and would like Aunt May to die, so Peter could move on with his life and be the man he is supposed to become, I'm not a nostaglia-filled backwards looking person. BUt writers would have to stop mining the same wells for drama, and and move on, and maybe other characters step into the lime light sometimes. I'm also fine with that. Not all fans are looking for the same thing. But many... I'd hazard to say, most, are.

No, you have a problem with Wacker's attitude towards you. Wacker doesn't encompass all of Marvel, and you don't encompass the entire readership.
    No, it's been an issue for me even before I registered on CBR. Wacker's Alex in charge was just the latest example, but he's absolutely not the only one, and Wacker is also a damn good editor IMHO.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Merry X-Mas (War is Over)
    Its "Happy".... but since yoko ono was on it, Ill let it slide.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Merry Christmas, Liar!

SW
    I think an angel just got its wings.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!