View Poll Results: Will you read Superior Spider-man

Voters
301. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

157 52.16%
  • No

144 47.84%
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Man I know Marvel likes to take risks but this one is pushing it. It just sounds so absolutely ridiculous even for a comic book. And I hope it doesn't finally blow up in their faces. Just because every single issue of that book's existence is bound to cause irreparable damage to the character ala Sins Past or the Clone Saga that they are going to have to pretend never happened. And the difference this time is the word of mouth, even more pissed off than one more day around these parts and I can't even begin to imagine how they will make this work without completely shitting the bed and not rebooting the Spiderman books. Just start with the damage they will do to Mary Jane. Damn Marvel I know you equate hate for characters as love but its not so for most of the fans who are your bread and butter and who you clearly have no respect for.
    Cyclops was right.

I am giving Superior a fair trial run.'

After a few months of Superior Spider-Man and Avenging Spider-Man
    I will decide to keep or drop one or both titles.

I think this has potential too be very exciitng and fun.......... time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    Man I know Marvel likes to take risks but this one is pushing it. It just sounds so absolutely ridiculous even for a comic book. And I hope it doesn't finally blow up in their faces. Just because every single issue of that book's existence is bound to cause irreparable damage to the character ala Sins Past or the Clone Saga that they are going to have to pretend never happened. And the difference this time is the word of mouth, even more pissed off than one more day around these parts and I can't even begin to imagine how they will make this work without completely shitting the bed and not rebooting the Spiderman books. Just start with the damage they will do to Mary Jane. Damn Marvel I know you equate hate for characters as love but its not so for most of the fans who are your bread and butter and who you clearly have no respect for.
    Gotta tell you I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that sometimes we the fans were Marvels toilet paper

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Gotta tell you I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that sometimes we the fans were Marvels toilet paper
    I'd be lying if I said that didn't sound ridiculous. We love our readers and spend a lot of time talking to them and making comics for them.

SW

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    Don't speak for me, man.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Not sure what's uninteresting about the idea. It can definitely produce some comic book drama.
    It could be interesting as an arc, but not as a long-term status quo.

There's potential for a lot of damage to be done to these characters and personally, I don't trust the current Marvel regime not to do just that.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    I'm not.

I would bet that the vast majority of people who voted in the poll were picking up ASM, in which case it looks like 40ish% will be dropping the book with SSM.

I would also wager that a number of those voters are going to give issue #1 a try, then drop it afterwards.
    my guess is the poll wouldnt be indicative of one way or the other.

I'll get the first issue and decide after reading it if I'll stick with it.

At least J. Michael Straczynski won't be blamed for this terrible Spiderman story.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I'd be lying if I said that didn't sound ridiculous. We love our readers and spend a lot of time talking to them and making comics for them.

SW
    You mean spend a lot of time flaming them and making comics they've repeatedly told you they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I hope so. And I hope they are sure to tell us why all Spidey fans should rejoice or at least be excited.
    I would hope (for once) they would ask some hardball questions instead of just lobbing soft slowballs right down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

SW
    The bold part isn't really true. The comics are made more for $$$ than for any love for fans or comics as art. Of course you have to make a living and there's no negative in that, but it's always amusing when corporate guys put out PR saying products are "for the customer" or whatever.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    You mean spend a lot of time flaming them and making comics they've repeatedly told you they don't like.
    Given the sales, someone seems to like it.

Frankly, internet forum posters, as we all know, are really the last people they should be listening to anyways.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.

I like Slott, I like Stegman, I like Ramos, I like Camuncoli. Furthermore, the two preview pages I've read already made me crack up with the Living Brain gag, so yes, I will be picking it up.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    The bold part isn't really true. The comics are made more for $$$ than for any love for fans or comics as art. Of course you have to make a living and there's no negative in that, but it's always amusing when corporate guys put out PR saying products are "for the customer" or whatever.
    That isn't entirely true. Dan Slott would probably make more money as a screenwriter, especially if he didn't care about whether a word of what he wrote ever made it on screen. Ramos and Stegman would likely make more money doing character designs and storyboards for Hollywood or video games.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?