View Poll Results: Will you read Superior Spider-man

Voters
301. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

157 52.16%
  • No

144 47.84%
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Default Are you going to try out Superior Spider-Man?

There's still a lot of story to be told regarding Peter Parker and his supporting cast.

I haven't read Amazing Spider-man #700 but I am extremely curious as to what happens next.

Not to mention Slott has been pretty excellent on Spider-man and I haven't enjoyed the title this much in ages.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

For the foreseeable future, no.

I'll keep up with previews, summaries and reviews, and if it sounds worth getting back into it I will. Whether that's issue #2 or #23, time will tell.
    Bad news everyone...

I'll trade-wait it, but yes. Dan hasn't let us down yet, and I'm stoked to see such a ballsy writer taking on such a bold concept.

I just don't know yet. It depends on the coming issue, reactions to that and later reviews for SSM.

Heck yeah I am. I've never been a Spiderfan, occasionally I'll keep up if he's doing something I think is cool. I think what's going on now, for however long it will continue, will make for some interesting stories. If for no other reason then how Parker makes it back. If he doesn't then I'm fine with that too. With the movie franchise the way it is though, people know Peter Parker, just like Morrison couldn't keep Bruce dead with the Batman franchise going strong, Parker will be back and it will be an awesome tale. While Otto is reformed though, I think this is going to be grand. Otto never really had the chance to be the hero to my knowledge he was always the out of shape brainiac, now though, new lease and whatnot. Although he didn't really have to work for it so that may come into play down the line. Good times!!! Wacker, Slott, you have my attention, now's your chance to keep me interested :-)

i'll probably Byrne steal it at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'll probably Byrne steal it at the very least.
    What's Byrne stealing?

No I was really excited for it and got even more excited when I heard the rumors that it was Spider-Man 2099. Then I read the spoilers and the 2 page preview of the book and ugh. We already got Venom and Scarlet Spider oh and that dark Spider-Man in Dark Avengers. I really have no interest in reading anther villain turned Spider-Hero book. Also got a bad feeling there going to troll MJ fans again and I dont want anything to do with that. Its a shame to Big Time warmed back into Spider-Man and Spider-Island made me a fan of Slott now I'm back where I was with OMD. Eh more money to try out other titles I keep hearing good things about the Batman books at DC think I'll give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    What's Byrne stealing?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Byrne-steal

No, i don't think so. Not single issues at least.

Maybe in trades if the stories seem interesting enough.

I didn't actually read the pages, but I read the summary someone posted of it on Reddit. No thanks. Big Time, Spider Island, and Ends of the Earth were all amazing books. Dan Slott made me fall in love with the ASM comics. This though....this just sounds like it sucks. Big time. Get it? .... Seriously though, it sounds terrible. I honestly don't know how Dan Slott plans to redeem this one.
    DCnU
    Aquaman, Green Lantern, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Justice League, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Action Comics, JLI

After 700, there's no way I'll support this.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I'm definitely on the Superior Spidey train, just to see where the story goes. Slott has proven to be a great writer when he's switched "on", and through interviews this sounds like something he's really excited to do, so I expect that to transfer into the story. The art in the previews looks great, and honestly I'm all for a bit of a shake-up and something out of the ordinary to happen in Spidey's corner of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Oh you have issue #700 already? Cool.

Dan Slott has earned my trust and faith and I just so happen to like where his story is going. So why wouldn't I?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Boy, it feels like you've said this a lot about almost every new story we've put out.

I hope it takes this time..

SW