Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Gold Digger Discussion Thread

    I figured Gold Digger is manga-inspired enough to allow for allow thread here in the anime & manga forum.

    Here's the wiki for anyone who does not know about Gold diggers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Digger_%28comics%29

    Here's it's page on tv tropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ook/GoldDigger

  2. #2
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    i stopped following this title years ago, but i loved it so much, many of the pop culture references were very funny to me, and i felt the art stylings of FP were new enough that they didnt feel like knock manga/anime stylings. the story however after didnt feel like it was being dragged on intentionally for the sake of money but because it was indeed a larger plot and that everything would eventually tie together and for the most part it does... however i fell off the wagon, and never got back on. I was brought to this comic initially because of Gold Digger Beta 1, which i still have... and Cheetah's aka Brittany Diggs cover art, it looked fresh to me so i had to have it, got to reading it.. and wanted more. I have nothing but praise for this comic but if anyone ever begins reading it try to keep up with it, after awhile i just got lost with all the spin offs and having had jumped in at a awkward moment, and i didn't find the visual appeal from the actual first era of the comic all that appealing.. kind of like a rumiko takahashi/bubblegum crisis type of look to it.. did not do it for me.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  3. #3
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    i stopped following this title years ago, but i loved it so much, many of the pop culture references were very funny to me, and i felt the art stylings of FP were new enough that they didnt feel like knock manga/anime stylings. the story however after didnt feel like it was being dragged on intentionally for the sake of money but because it was indeed a larger plot and that everything would eventually tie together and for the most part it does... however i fell off the wagon, and never got back on. I was brought to this comic initially because of Gold Digger Beta 1, which i still have... and Cheetah's aka Brittany Diggs cover art, it looked fresh to me so i had to have it, got to reading it.. and wanted more. I have nothing but praise for this comic but if anyone ever begins reading it try to keep up with it, after awhile i just got lost with all the spin offs and having had jumped in at a awkward moment, and i didn't find the visual appeal from the actual first era of the comic all that appealing.. kind of like a rumiko takahashi/bubblegum crisis type of look to it.. did not do it for me.
    That's a good start.

    As characters go, I love how many strong females the series has around, there's no shortage of them to be found, with Brittany indeed being one of my favorites.

  4. #4
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    I hated Strypp after I realized he and Brit were married. I still don't like him to this day, lol... the fanboy in me feels like shes used goods now. It was around that same time that my interest in Gina spiked considerably. To me Gina was Twilight Sparkle before there was a Twilight Sparkle. Also you're right, the series probably introduced more super babes than dudes, also i like how it intentionally borrowed from other popular manga or yesteryear or even recent ones, like how that ninja Hanzo got cursed by drinking some super strength potion that was meant for women so it changed him into a attractive female version of himself, a clear Ranma 1/2 type scenario. Or the friend of Monty (I think thats the name of the guy with the long red beard who's ridiculously huge.) who looks like Jonathan from Jojo Bizarre Adventures.

    I also like the Lore that FP came up with for various races within his universe. The Dragon Clans and ranks especially, along with the powers and abilities made it very interesting. Of course when magic is involved things like rules seemed to get fudged and at times it looked as if events happen to just to shake up the plot. Dreadwing was a huge threat by virtue of just being a dragon let alone his magic/knowledge, but other dragons or former dragons didn't seem as powerful regardless of clan or rank. I don't remember it as well as i used too, but I got the feeling some characters despite what they were weren't given proper showings.

    I always got the impression that whatever new fade came along, FP would find away to add it to his comic, it makes me wonder if after Skyrim came out, did he add a person or teach a existing character shout based magic or powers.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  5. #5
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    I like Brittany's daughter, but Strypp like you said, I can do without, if you want or can live with a character you like hooking up with someone, it should be with someone you like, if at all.

  6. #6
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I like Brittany's daughter, but Strypp like you said, I can do without, if you want or can live with a character you like hooking up with someone, it should be with someone you like, if at all.
    How is Tiffany? (I believe that is her name.) Is she still a toddler or first grader in the primary series or is she older now? I haven't been keeping up like i mentioned before, im wondering if she counts as a were-cheetah, or a lycanthrope at all. I do remember her having some kind of scanning like vision so i assume she has inherited some kind of abilities from her father and those relics of power he has in him or something?
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  7. #7
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    How is Tiffany? (I believe that is her name.) Is she still a toddler or first grader in the primary series or is she older now? I haven't been keeping up like i mentioned before, im wondering if she counts as a were-cheetah, or a lycanthrope at all. I do remember her having some kind of scanning like vision so i assume she has inherited some kind of abilities from her father and those relics of power he has in him or something?
    It's been said that she has inherited her mothers abilities and is likely to surpass them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •