Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    I find superman's stance on killing to be realistic "If i don't need to kill, i won't kill"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Sometimes.
    I mean, Goku would have been just fine with letting Frieza go.
    The way i see it, He's perfectly willing to kill to when a fight, but not after he's won the fight. And trying to kill him isn't really that much of a turn off to him

    I mean, 90 percent of his friends have tried to kill him, one even succeeded.

  2. #17

    Default

    Not a superhero exactly but Paul Kersey from the Novel/Film Deathwish.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  3. #18
    Junior Member Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Wonder Woman killing Max Lord when the guy gains telepathic control of Superman and gets lassoed into admitting he'll stop sending Supes after other heroes.

    There's the Authority in general. And Mr. Majestic.

    Captain America, being a soldier, has of course killed during the war. He doesn't like to kill in modern day but he will do so if he has no other options left. At one point he punched a terrorist so hard that he broke the dude's neck. And the time he decapitated Baron Blood.

    The TMNT actually "killled" the Shredder the the first time they ever fought him. They stabbed him through the stomach, knocked him off the building they were fighting on, and blew him up with his own grenade; in-between, they gave him the chance to commit seppuku. They even went down into the alleyway where he fell to see if he survived and just found the remains of his armor. 'Course, Shredder shows back up again later on and I don't think it's ever explained how he survived.
    Last edited by Ace; 12-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #19
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Except when they play him up as a psycho and use him as a reason as to why heroes shouldn't kill.
    I always thought he was kind of a douche either way.

    "Screw due process I'm killing you all!"

    Anyway, the good guys in Naruto don't have any problem with killing their opponents. And in Bleach it's only Ichigo who keeps away from killing the guys he fights.

  5. #20
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

    Anyway, the good guys in Naruto don't have any problem with killing their opponents.
    Well, they are assassins.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  6. #21
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I always thought he was kind of a douche either way.

    "Screw due process I'm killing you all!"

    Anyway, the good guys in Naruto don't have any problem with killing their opponents. And in Bleach it's only Ichigo who keeps away from killing the guys he fights.
    In my experience many shonen protags are chill about killing in battle

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    StupidCity, StupidCountry
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    The Boys by Garth Ennis

  8. #23
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    'Course, Shredder shows back up again later on and I don't think it's ever explained how he survived.
    Ninja.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  9. #24
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Anyway, the good guys in Naruto don't have any problem with killing their opponents.
    They're ninjas. Just saying
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #25
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    The Boys by Garth Ennis
    I would dispute The Boys being realistic. It's more of a critical satire of the superhero dominated medium with parody-characters than anything else.

  11. #26

    Default

    "Heroes" in Empowered are pretty cool with offing people who cross certain lines. Heck, the villains have codes of conduct for dealing with captured heroes so that they don't get mauled for getting too fresh.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  12. #27
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    The TMNT actually "killled" the Shredder the the first time they ever fought him. They stabbed him through the stomach, knocked him off the building they were fighting on, and blew him up with his own grenade; in-between, they gave him the chance to commit seppuku. They even went down into the alleyway where he fell to see if he survived and just found the remains of his armor. 'Course, Shredder shows back up again later on and I don't think it's ever explained how he survived.
    Classic Japanese thing - the Foot clan fed his remains to these special worms they breed. When the worms eat, they learn from the digested DNA. They form colonies. The colonies basically become another being.

    In this case, Oroku Saki.

    All this is explained in the final comic of the 'Return to New York' arc, by the Shredder himself. Just before he picks up a couple of swords and has at it with Leo.

    Edit: I say classic Japanese thing, because I've seen quite a few instances of mystic worms inside people's bodies granting immortality in Japanese entertainment. Blade of the Immortal springs to mind, obviously, but there are others.

  13. #28
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    While I've already brought up Goku before, does anyone remember how as a child, he did kill quite a few people? Something I never really got, what made him suddenly care if people who crossed him would die?

  14. #29
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    While I've already brought up Goku before, does anyone remember how as a child, he did kill quite a few people? Something I never really got, what made him suddenly care if people who crossed him would die?
    Who knows, maybe he himself dying changed him?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Addams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Know any good examples of this? Universes where the heroes are pretty okay killing in understandable situations or when dealing with villains/people who they have every good reason to kill. They don't have to be punisher-type characters, just willing to do what anyone would do in the real world on the grounds of making sense, instead of the bullshit logic that has been used comics before.
    Lol, you call that "realistic" ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •