Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - Dec 18, 2012

Augie runs down Image's 2012 second printings, looking for patterns, and his conclusions may surprise you, Plus, Humanoids has a new title out, and some advice to wannabe comic creators.

Full article here.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

You can get 2000AD in unencumbered PDF, or better yet CBZ format.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Image is reaping what they've sown. Honestly, retailers have every right not to trust them when it comes to shipping dates or whether something will ship at all. I'm not just talking about the truly terrible days of the 90s, either. Image has gotten better, but (for example) Invincible still struggles to stay monthly, and major projects like Image United implode or never emerge.

I agree about renting the comics from Comixology. If Apple and Amazon would make their own apps to read comic files where we could own the content like an mp3 it would I think change the dynamic of reading print dramatically. Comixology is at best a middle man like the current DM. If I-pads and Kindles came with built in apps to run the files it would eliminate the need for Comixology. I think pricing would get cheaper too since the publisher would get a bigger cut since they are no longer losing 30% to Comixology (theoritically anyway).

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJL36 View Post
    I agree about renting the comics from Comixology. If Apple and Amazon would make their own apps to read comic files where we could own the content like an mp3 it would I think change the dynamic of reading print dramatically. Comixology is at best a middle man like the current DM. If I-pads and Kindles came with built in apps to run the files it would eliminate the need for Comixology. I think pricing would get cheaper too since the publisher would get a bigger cut since they are no longer losing 30% to Comixology (theoritically anyway).
    Apple and Amazon already do, and it works the same as ComiXology. They even take 30% and they have the same "you're just renting it," terms of service. If you want digital comics you can own, get into 2000AD and buy from Clickwheel. They sell CBZ and PDF format issues of their latest books.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.