Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just realized - Scarecrows first live action appearance was in Nolans films

In Nolan's trilogy, Scarecrow was the only villian that had his first appearance in film. I thought after begins we would of saw more villians that haven't been in live action before. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
    In Nolan's trilogy, Scarecrow was the only villian that had his first appearance in film. I thought after begins we would of saw more villians that haven't been in live action before. Opinions?
    Ra's and Talia don't count or something?

Woops, I forgot about them.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

That was Bane's first appearence on film too. If you keep repeating that it makes it true.

Bane was in Batman and Robin.

I prefer to think of Dark Knight Rises as Bane's first appearance in a film. That oafish, uninspired brute holding Poison Ivy's purse in Batman & Robin should not be considered Bane. LOL, I'm serious, I feel that strongly about it. That godawful, utterly horrid portrayal was a slap in the face to every fan of the character & it should be stricken from the record. One of many reasons why George Clooney still gives refunds to disenchanted angry Bat-fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
    Bane was in Batman and Robin.
    Nah, that was 'Ben'...

We also had Zsasz.

We'll leave aside Falcone, Maroni et al as they're 'mob'-based.

Don't forget Zsasz.
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

Quote Originally Posted by SicSexSix View Post
    I prefer to think of Dark Knight Rises as Bane's first appearance in a film. That oafish, uninspired brute holding Poison Ivy's purse in Batman & Robin should not be considered Bane. LOL, I'm serious, I feel that strongly about it. That godawful, utterly horrid portrayal was a slap in the face to every fan of the character & it should be stricken from the record. One of many reasons why George Clooney still gives refunds to disenchanted angry Bat-fans.
    That's strange because I felt once we found out it was Talia behind everything in TDKR, Bane became that exact same character again

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    That's strange because I felt once we found out it was Talia behind everything in TDKR, Bane became that exact same character again
    Verrrrrrrrrrry funny Point conceded. But at least he was a skilled fighter & tactical thinker this time. That made it easier to overlook him being on Talia's leash. I mean, we all know he had the major hots for her in the comic, but he sure as hell never acted like she had him so p-whipped.

Yeah zsaz can't be forgotten.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brack360 View Post
    Don't forget Zsasz.
    Zsasz in "Batman Begins" seemed to be Zsasz in name only. There was no character development at all, no explanation of why he had tic marks on his body, and the marks weren't even noticeable except in the brief shot where he was emerging from his cell when all the Arkham prisoners were freed. Seemed kind of pointless to include him without at least a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Zsasz in "Batman Begins" seemed to be Zsasz in name only. There was no character development at all, no explanation of why he had tic marks on his body, and the marks weren't even noticeable except in the brief shot where he was emerging from his cell when all the Arkham prisoners were freed. Seemed kind of pointless to include him without at least a little bit more.
    Not really it was kinda a lil Easter egg for comic readers

The Batman films aren't as bad as the Superman films. Overall, we've gotten a nice sample of Batman's rogues gallery. Some even not that well known. So always remember, it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SicSexSix View Post
    Verrrrrrrrrrry funny Point conceded. But at least he was a skilled fighter & tactical thinker this time. That made it easier to overlook him being on Talia's leash. I mean, we all know he had the major hots for her in the comic, but he sure as hell never acted like she had him so p-whipped.
    Oh, my God. Bane was not a henchman, nor was he on her leash. He was the public side to their organisation. The man who had to take down Batman. The man who had to raid the stocks. The physical brute to conquer anyone in their way. Without him, the mission would have failed. Then you have Tahlia, the "spy", who worked her way into Bruce Wayne's life. Without her, they couldn't have got the reactor. Both played important roles.