Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bane vs. Thanos

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Time Gem shenanigans should stop any potential blitzing (and in Nebula's case, should have prevented the Warlock/Thanos planning time).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Time Gem shenanigans should stop any potential blitzing (and in Nebula's case, should have prevented the Warlock/Thanos planning time).
    There's no evidence that it's automatic.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    There's no evidence that it's automatic.
    It's quite complex to define what the case is, I feel.

I mean, in that scan where the cosmic army are unleashing a barrage of blasts that would normally completely and utterly erase Nebula from existence, she is obviously protected by default. So something is working automatically.

And if one is working automatically, wouldn't they all work the same?

I recall posting a Thanos telepathy feat, while he was holding the Cosmic Cube, and even though he wasn't explicitly using it, it was dismissed by the forum (mod-ruled) simply because he was holding the Cosmic Cube and would therefore be automatically amped. For mod consistency, surely we can't say that the IG doesn't do the same, right?

Yes, obviously anything that Nebula (or...anyone, really) does while holding the Infinity Gauntlet is rather dubious as a feat for them.

However, stuff that they *don't* do...isn't. And no one holding the Infinity Gauntlet have been shown to be amazingly superfast by default as far as I'm aware.

When she was busy going off on a bunch of cosmic beings, no it wouldn't have.

That said, to be accurate, THanos and Warlock came up with their plan while Nebula was faffing around in space and they were on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    When she was busy going off on a bunch of cosmic beings, no it wouldn't have.

That said, to be accurate, THanos and Warlock came up with their plan while Nebula was faffing around in space and they were on Earth
    My bad on the timing then.

Also, as far as Nebula goes, it was a specific point that she was fairly inept with the thing as far as anything like being able to have cosmic perception, what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Also, as far as Nebula goes, it was a specific point that she was fairly inept with the thing as far as anything like being able to have cosmic perception, what have you.
    Well, yes, but Bane isn't exactly a cosmic being himself. Nor has he, to my knowledge, ever had fantastic cosmic powers to give him some training in that area.

Well, yes, but Bane isn't exactly a cosmic being himself. Nor has he, to my knowledge, ever had fantastic cosmic powers to give him some training in that area.

I'm just noting in general as far as the idea that Nebula should have had any idea of what anyone else was doing.

Well, the whole omniscience part in general seems to not be as good as the omnipotence part, even without it being used by people not good at it.

I mean, Mephisto was right there lying to Thanos' face and manipulating him and Thanos didn't realize it until Mephisto actually attacked him.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Which is odd, because I'd think that would be your starting point for Mephisto.

"You're lying to me aren't you?"
    "What?! Me?! Noooooooo....."
    "That's a lie as well, isn't it?"
    "......... Umm.... No.....?"
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Which is odd, because I'd think that would be your starting point for Mephisto.

"You're lying to me aren't you?"
    "What?! Me?! Noooooooo....."
    "That's a lie as well, isn't it?"
    "......... Umm.... No.....?"
    To be fair Thanos didn't seem at his intellectual best at the time what with his trying to impress death even more then usaul

Mephisto wasn't at his best either, though it's a decent portrayal.

Why would he try to jack Gauntlet when Thanos is at full power, instead of trying it some two minutes ago when Thanos had turned off most of the gems?

I mean, there was this bit when Thanos got knocked back, or the one when he got (ugh) stabbed by Wolverine, which looked like pretty good opportunities to make his move while Thanos was distracted.

Thanos had most of the Gauntlet shut down at the time.

...Mind you, Mephisto almost took it off of him and might have succeeded had he not announced his presence by gloating, but that was in the middle of every cosmics present attacking Thanos, so it's not really relevant.

Though I suppose, with prep, if Bane got the gauntlet only at the start of the fight, it's possible Thanos might be able to steal it in the instant that supercosmicky knowledge kicks in and distracts the wielder.
    I fully recall the scene. In fact, I was going to ask if the Gauntlet allows the user to think and process information at billions of factors of light speed. That's also why I specifically didn't allow Bane prep. The assumption is that at the ring of the bell, Bane gains all of the powers of the Gauntlet, so can Thanos take it from him somehow before Bane processed how all of it worked or if the Gauntlet allows him to reflexively protect himself when he didn't have the ability to process any of it yet.

Nebula is not Thanos's daughter, she's his grandniece, or so she claims. And despite what Thanos said, she was far from some raging idiot; in the Avengers comics prior to the IG even, she had put together plans that nearly beat them several times and had also managed to get herself cosmic level power even before she acquired the gauntlet. She has proven to be smart enough to give the Surfer a run for his money before(though this was after the IG event).

Nonetheless, as powerfull as the gauntlet is, it would be silly to believe Bane would lose to Thanos if he had it.