Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The art is great y'all.

Look at how fluid it is, how kinetic it appears. You can see the motion of Marvel's actions as if they have weight behind them. Excellent composition of even the small panels - look how both Cap, Spider-Woman and a downed dino are all fit so easily into one panel.

If you're going to trash an art style just because it isn't hyper-realistic, well for starters you're reading a comic book. On top of that, it wouldn't hurt to expand your pallete a little.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    What a great way to try and help a book that's not doing so hot...give it some of the worst art I've seen in a long time.
    I wouldn't say it's anywhere near "the worst" art, not by a long shot. Or... put another way: if this is the worst art in comics, we should count ourselves lucky, because it's still does the job.

I like the pigeons; and briefly was all excited that hearts were appearing from the wounds, after Carol punched the dinosaur.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-19-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I wouldn't say it's anywhere near "the worst" art, not by a long shot. Or... put another way: if this is the worst art in comics, we should count ourselves lucky
    LOL. Look at her face in that bottom panel. Fugly is a compliment. And what's up with her left leg in the top panel? Is she made of cosmic papier-mâché? He didn't bother finishing the background in the middle panel, either. Drawing only the top outline of a row of buildings doesn't make you Frank Miller.
    Last edited by verslibre; 12-19-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    On top of that, it wouldn't hurt to expand your pallete a little.
    You're making the assumption everyone only likes the art of Ivan Reis.

I love this art. I know the style isn't to everyone's taste, but personally I prefer it to the previous artist.

I like Amdrade's art, but his faces are distractingly like catfish faces. The worst thing is, I didn't actually recognize Spider-Woman, one of my favorite poorly used characters. Really, the best thing would be for Caselli to be on this instead of Assemble (though I love him on Assemble), because he'd put this title consistently up there with the other Avengers solos, which is what it needs to be.

I'm really interested to see this new Deathbird and other villain. It's not only about time this book had a proper villain, but it's also about time Carol's rogues gallery got some attention, because it is annoyingly scant of awesome sauce. Interested to see what the new job is, exactly. And the idea of removing her ability of flight, right after an arc all about how flight is the thing most central to her identity, is really great. It'll really test her, which will be very cool.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Why does it look like everyone has down syndrome in these pages?
    Please delete this comment. There are far better ways to phrase criticism.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    You're making the assumption everyone only likes the art of Ivan Reis.
    I'm not adressing everyone. :)
    Last edited by okpanic; 12-19-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Welp, I'm basically in favour of anyone that's not Dexter Soy, whose murky, grim-looking work seemed to be about the worst possible fit for everything this book was trying to do. The quirky, cartoonish flavour of this seems a bit more in-line with the book's general tone.
    Last edited by Chris McFeely; 12-19-2012 at 06:01 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I really don't get how people like horrible art like that. Seriously.

But it won't affect me buying the book. I'm with Carol to the end.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Andrade's art may sway me to pick up this sweet snowy book with dinosaurs.
    I'm on the fence.
    Must decide swiftly and carefully.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I really don't get how people like horrible art like that. Seriously.

But it won't affect me buying the book. I'm with Carol to the end.
    There are worse epitaphs to have, speaking as one who agrees with you. ;)
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

After sleeping on it, if this brah could just learn how to draw faces it would be much better. Love the Dinos and the rest. Faces are repulsive though.

The curious one.

Interesting note, I picked up the latest Catwoman today and the art style is similar and I didn't mind. For Catwoman the tone of the book and the character match the art. I don't feel as if this style matches the character of Carol.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    What a great way to try and help a book that's not doing so hot...give it some of the worst art I've seen in a long time.
    Wow, just wow. Subjective opines and all that, but if you think that's the worst art in a long time.. No.

It's beautiful, it's different, it's avant garde, it's a rush of fluidity, stunning motion. It's not classic comic line work and the anatomy is distended fantastically - but this is a COMIC. It works. The effort and artistic base are all there.