Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

That art is going to drive me crazy. It's pretty hyper stylized, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but I'm having trouble getting over how bad the faces look. Oh well, I guess I'll see how it reads when I pick up the issue next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    I for one, think the art is a disaster.

Art is subjective, of course, but I really don't know how someone can look at, say, Carol's face in the bottom panel of the left-most page at the bottom of the article and think "THIS ART IS AMAZING!!!!" Seriously, her face looks like melted mush in that panel. Or how she's apparently missing an eyeball in the last page.

Frankly, she doesn't even look human in these pages...more like an elf or alien or some such.
    If a shoe fits lengthwise between two eyes, and it's not an alien or animal or amoeba or some cartoon character, the face must be redrawn. Oh, that's his "style." Ah.

Veteran Member

"I go flying so high,when I'm stoned."
    -Harry Chapin-Taxi

Hahaha! My god, people are reactionary.

Oddly, I was niether here nor there with this artist when he was doing the back ups in Captain America, but I love how he renders Carol.

This book has been a solid read since it's launch. I'm pretty stoked for this next arc, and I hope people that were hesitant to dive into the time travel arc jump on here. KSD has done more for Carol in these pages than I've seen in ages.

And a love interest! Brilliant!
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Sounds like fun and I forward to reading it, but dear god that artwork is horrendous. It like their bodies are horribly managled and the faces look like store manniquens with the lack of detail. It's creepy!

Not feeling this art at all.

This book needs a Kitson, Sean Chen or even a M.D. Bright on it.

I like this art a lot. I liked Rios, too. Soy's stuff that rubbed me the wrong way.

I wonder if Marvel's trying to appeal to a variety of tastes by switching styles so much or if this is just who was available in the schedule.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

That art is atrocious, never thought I would see an artist more repulsive then Land. Brah must've fallen asleep during a few figure drawing classes. The faces look like they are being sucked through a vortex at the bottom of their chins....

The curious one.

I don't mind the art, marvel is either trying to match an artist to the feel of the book or they are simply tossing in anyone who's available. I'm surprised that Carol would end up working for a non government organization and I'm a bit curious about that. The idea of her not working for the military or SHIELD or one of other black opps alphabet agencies in the mu seems strange to me. The dinosaurs are always kind of fun, I haven't seen a heroine battle dinosaurs since Power Girl and Superman. But... I've still got no real reason to pick this title up. I'll flip through it and see.

Very interested in what's next in store for Carol. I love the coloring in these images however I wish the anatomy wasn't so spindly looking. The art looks interesting in general, although I would've preferred Dexter Soy or Emma Rios to stay on the book.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    In love with that art.
    And the people in the appreciation thread doubted Felipe...

I look forward to Carol and Jess actually super-heroing together.
    Bad news everyone...

The art looks pretty great to me, my only concern is how entertaining the book will be. The first arc just didn't do it for me, though #7 was a huge improvement....so here's hoping.

Im not too sure about te art yet, Id rather have a more fleshed out look rather then flash fun, somethign with more meat to it. Im more into comics for the writing but the art does influence me alot as well. I will give this a run for sure cause I love Carol Danvers.

I like the art, but I don't know if I like it for super-hero books. But you never know what'll take off 'till you try it.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was a little apprehensive about what KSD was going to do with Carol losing her powers, but the interview has me less cautious and much more curious. But then I am in the camp that hasn't been disappointed yet with CM and dont expect to be honestly...writing wise.

Art wise, Andrade's work is energetic and super stylistic which isn't exactly a style that works for Captain Marvel. There's one panel in the art on the article with Spider Woman jumping from the dinosaur...um, where is that leg attached? His anatomy is some what um...off isn't quite the word I'm looking for.

I would prefer a different, perhaps even less stylized artist.
    Not all who wander are lost....