Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

I used to be an X Men fan and found both inspiration and much needed escapism in them during some bad periods in my life. They now have nothing I find appealing left, and the apparent amusement some of those in charge have shown towards others who feel this way is hurtful and unfair. But death threats - much too far. Much better to withold your hard earned cash folks. Hit 'em in the pocket, don't lower yourself to the level of an idiot and a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I used to be an X Men fan and found both inspiration and much needed escapism in them during some bad periods in my life. They now have nothing I find appealing left, and the apparent amusement some of those in charge have shown towards others who feel this way is hurtful and unfair. But death threats - much too far. Much better to withold your hard earned cash folks. Hit 'em in the pocket, don't lower yourself to the level of an idiot and a coward.
    Wolverine and the X-Men looks and feels like those Art Adams X-Men Annuals I cherished as a kid. I don't know what era you loved, but that book personally fills me with nostalgia.

I wonder if people get this pissed off over real books? Like Twilight fans getting homicidal rage over mischaracterization of the werewolf or Weasley suddenly becoming a pimp. It must be the extended shelf life of comic books and multiple creators. Star Wars get it too. Maybe in 20 years when we get Harry Potter prequils that suck we will see violently insane fans losing their marbles.

Did anyone threaten Lucas for ruining starwars? Its too long ago for me to remember now, lol. Maybe theres just more aspies who read comics. The others are more tween girl things ><

At the end of the day I suspect that the real reason for all this is because people have been so let down by real life heroes they pin their hopes on fictional ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    So have you managed to find that Marvel publicity release yet?
    Marvel isnt dumb. What they did is get their PR folks to call several places and told them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Well, maybe, but they're both incredibly inappropriate things to say.
    Just attribute be with the correct inappropriate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Which is actually the worse accusation. Because not only does it mean that Marvel is dishonest, but that they are also so callous and unconcerned with Dan Slott's safety that their response to death threats is to wonder how they can use that to sell more comic books.
    Yes, Marvel is evil, that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Well yeah, you kinda did.
    Did not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

It's just comic books man, just comic books. Deep breaths.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

This just shows how great of a writer Dan Slott is. What other comic book writer is able to arouse somebody so much that they threaten that writer's life.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Well yeah, you kinda did.

No, he really is going with the sillier and stupider option of saying that Marvel and Dan Slott are disregarding Slott's safety and playing up the death threats to sell more comic books. Because they are evil.

And no, I don't know why he's doing that either.

Marvel isnt dumb. What they did is get their PR folks to call several places and told them about it.
    What places and when?

I'm pretty sure Spidey would be dissapointed in those sending death threats to marvel.

Oh, my bad. I though Marvel was a company that produced comic books.

BANNED

I don't think Marvel would use this to sell comics if someone actually went through with such a threat.

I mean one should take death threats seriously and not actually go to anger and provoke the person by giving them attention because that would likely just make the person want to go through with their threat thinking that everyone thinks he or she is joking.

It's not wise to do what Marvel appears to be doing.

Did they? And you have evidence of this, I take it?

Marvel is evil, that's the point.
    Oh, please.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

...do you honestly believe this? The worst thing they've done in recent memory was probably supporting that SOPA thing, which is a total non-issue now. Like that other guy said, deep breaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Fly View Post
    It's not wise to do what Marvel appears to be doing.
    Marvel hasn't done anything.

Dan Slott received the threat via Twitter, and called out the nutter. Since Dan's Tweets are on a public forum, many other people saw them and began reporting on them. Steve Wacker has posted on this board. Neither Dan's Tweets or Steve's posts are news releases or anything of the type by Marvel the company. It was third-party sites like CBR who thought the incident was worth reporting and discussing. Marvel didn't tell them to report on it, because they didn't have to; it already took place in a public forum.