Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    What if you can't remember the marriage?
    Then you're coming out ahead! Hey-yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Menshevik View Post
    I seem to remember that incident. Dan Slott accused someone of telling him "ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS" to die in a fire. Later he said that this was the guy called K-Box. K-Box then denied he had ever told Slott such a thing and challenged him to show where he had done that even once. IIRC neither Slott nor anyone else ever did (which does seem odd considering it was supposed to have happened on several occasions and that the statement is read as a death threat by some at the time, including someone who put it into Dan Slott's wikipedia article as fact). Now I don't have the time or patience to go through the comments to the linked article with a fine-toothed comb, but it seems Slott or someone else (at the time there was a troll pretending to be Dan Slott going around) then accused George Berryman (of Crawl Space) of telling him to die in a fire. So how did all that play out? Were any of these accusations actually proven? Did Dan Slott report K-Box, George Berryman or anyone else to the police or did the latter become active of its own accord? (Just so I won't be misunderstood - I really want to know. These questions are not rhethorical).

Note: It goes without saying that I think making death-threats is wrong, and I hope whoever made actual death-threats against Dan Slott should be legally prosecuted. Not that it'll stop some people from lumping everyone who has voiced their dislike of OMD and the subsequent direction with a handful of crazies.
    Did Slott ever consider "die in a fire" to be a threat on his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    So this happened: http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort...52745352301730

I'll quote it just in case you don't like clicking links:
    That's just messed up.

Very strange approach for fans of superheroes. Definitely not what Spider-Man would do.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

death threats because of a fictional story you do not like is not fandom. it is psychotic behavior.
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

WOW! I don't understand how someone can think like this. It doesn't surprise me anymore. It just saddens me deeply.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Pardon me for sounding cynical, but people like this ass on formspring, they need to be broken. The problem with this country is that someone can make a threat, and in the court of law they use the excuse "i have emotional, or mental problems" and they let them off on drugs. In a country where threats are growing and people are going out and killing random innocents, threats such as this should be taken more seriously and not just brushed off with a drug to "calm" someone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik B View Post
    Pardon me for sounding cynical, but people like this ass on formspring, they need to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    They need to track down his address and prosecute him. I like how these internet thugs get real brave when they're posting.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

The curious one.

Prosecution is one good option, suing in civil court would be good too. Who knows maybe who ever it was just won powerball.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik B View Post
    Pardon me for sounding cynical, but people like this ass on formspring, they need to be broken.
    Sounds to me like they already are.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Part of me thinks this is just impotent trolling. It's a little too Anonymous.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

...starting to think Mr. Slott shouldn't go to that signing now; this guy's claiming they're organized. Granted, it's probably just a single troll pretending to speak for an organization, but one can never be too safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    which is a distinction without meaning. You are saying marvel is using the death threats as PR, which can be summed up by saying what he accused you of
    saying that the death threats are a pr stunt and saying that marvel are using them for pr are two completely different things. If you are going to attribute something to some one attribute what was actually said instead something with a different meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    saying that the death threats are a pr stunt and saying that marvel are using them for pr are two completely different things.
    So have you managed to find that Marvel publicity release yet?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Wow. Well, I'm out. I tried to look at the threats as coming from people who are mentaly ill, possibly unable to differentiate between reality and fantasy, but that statement right there - that's just vindictive and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    They need to track down his address and prosecute him. I like how these internet thugs get real brave when they're posting.
    You know, i know the story, i've heard about it, never read it and this is actually the first time in my 28 years on this planet that i have ever seen that image.