Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Koalas should DIE IN A FIRE!
    I support any course of action that leads to delicious Koala McNuggets. (With a manatee-smoothie chaser.)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Deery View Post
    You did actually?

No, again, the threats of violence and so on are very real since Slott has been discussing this for years now.
    What i said is that the VERY REAL situation is now being used to promote the issue.
    The death threats are not a PR stunt, those actually happen, as far as we know, the "stunt" is the using of threats.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No, again, the threats of violence and so on are very real since Slott has been discussing this for years now.
    What i said is that the VERY REAL situation is now being used to promote the issue.
    The death threats are not a PR stunt, those actually happen, as far as we know, the "stunt" is the using of threats.
    which is a distinction without meaning. You are saying marvel is using the death threats as PR, which can be summed up by saying what he accused you of

Quote Originally Posted by PoorRichard View Post
    I know someone who works at Marvel who has a military background. If Marvel really was that anti-military no way the gentleman I mentioned would work there. Besides, Marvel is not an individual, it is a corporate entity so it is bizarre to say Marvel is anti-military, unless there is some sort of secret mission statement issued to that regard.
    They are anti-military in there normal protaryal of the military, Dong BS like having Marines Commit A war crime to allow them to do a suicide bombing, while operating under orders.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

This is disgusting behavior. Reminds me of that critic who got death threats over giving The Dark Knight Rises a negative review.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Well spewed.

You're making my case for me here with your nastiness.
    SW
    Translation: You can't prove what you said (as usual).

Has it ever occurred to you that bad attitudes like yours are like pouring gasoline on the proverbial fire? Your relentless baiting and flaming of anyone who doesn't bow down to your "superior" position on any matter is part of the problem

Let me be clear: I do not support death threats.

However, treating the fans and customers of Marvel the way they've been treated by Editorial over the last decade plus, and persons like yourself over the last few years is NOT the way to generate good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Did anybody seen the death threats? Where they something specific (giving the adress of Slott or menacing him in his next 'con appearance?) or something where more ambiguous? (like "I'm to kill you"). I'm not following him in Twiter or other SN, so, can anyone tell me?
    He hasn't been retweeting them verbatim, so I haven't seen any of them. I'm simply taking his word for it* that a: he received them, and b: felt concerned enough by their content to report them to the authorities.

* rather than outright calling him a liar, as some here appear to be doing. Radical concept, I know.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 12-20-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I haven't read ASM in a long time, OMD turned me off that badly and what I heard/saw of OMIT didn't help rectify that. I'm one of those guys who moodily grumbles about it whenever the subject comes up though I try not to bring it up myself as that's not going to help anything. I love Slott's writing, but I just can't read ASM right now.
    OMD was five years ago. Maybe it's time to finally move that stool and get on with your life. There have been a whole bunch of great Spidey stories since then, and you're really missing out.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    I support any course of action that leads to delicious Koala McNuggets. (With a manatee-smoothie chaser.)
    You don't wanna be eating koala. They reek of eucalyptus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Have you managed to find that Marvel publicity release yet where they alert the media to this recent batch of death threats?

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    They are anti-military in there normal protaryal of the military, Dong BS like having Marines Commit A war crime to allow them to do a suicide bombing, while operating under orders.
    US military committing war crimes? Gee, that's something that would never happen in real life.

Mike, you're insanely biased to the point of frothing at the mouth whenever anybody criticises anything the US military does, real or imagined, and everyone knows it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that bad attitudes like yours are like pouring gasoline on the proverbial fire?
    Of course not, but I'm not a blame the victim type of person.

I'm also unsurprised the "Shadow Demon" supports Mike Kerr's trashtalking and offensive slurs.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    This is of course nonsense and sound like the ravings of mad man. Just as one case, I edited a Captain America story a couple years back by Rucka And Lark that directly with Cap's reaction to military deaths. And that's just one of many, many examples that Mike is well aware of.

At Marvel we show all occupations in all sorts of situations, not as a judgment usually, but as a way of telling exciting action packed stories. Do you also imagine we are pro-vigilante? Do we hate Doctors and Scientists too?

To only pick out some stories here-and-there to build up some nutty conspiracy theory about how we "hate the troops" is deeply offensive to those of us from military families or who have worked with military charities. It's simplistic, insensitive branding meant to tear a group down Joe McCarthy style.

But, look, it's also a huge load just on the face of it...especially considering the work we've actually done with the military on the custom comics side that Mike is desperate you not know about.

Even Mike is I'm sure embarrassed to have to defend this crud again as he even apologized at one point before rescinding his apology in his never ending quest to prove just how low he can go.

SW

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I have no problems with Wacker and have been enjoying Spider-Man (when I can afford it)
    I hope Dan Slott is okay
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    OMD was five years ago. Maybe it's time to finally move that stool and get on with your life. There have been a whole bunch of great Spidey stories since then, and you're really missing out.

One is never really missing out when their favorite character has been altered from how they originally knew them to be.

OMD did that to Spider-Man.