Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Dead bodies don't come back to life unless they are zombies. It was a coma.
    New to comics or something?

Resident Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Olvia View Post
    New to comics or something?
    Death in real terms is the destruction of the soul and body of the individual. Neither happened to Superman.

Jean Grey for instance is dead. Her body is dead, her soul is gone.
    Professor X is dead. His body was shown dissected and his mind would be with Red Skull if he was alive, but he isnt.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McFeely View Post
    What I want to know is, are the people making death threats so thunderously *stupid* as to think that what Dan's done with #700 is permanent?
    Are you calling Steve Wacker stupid? He states that it is permanent and why would a professional like him lie?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    dude nobody has even read the superior spider-man yet so for all we know this could lead to an awesome series...and i think it's quite insane how you think dan slott was asking for this...
    Thousands of people Have read that book
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Bleedingcool said the earlier tweet I posted from Gerry Conway is their comic tweet of the year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...t-of-the-year/

Makes me grateful we threw Gwen off that bridge before Twitter
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Are you calling Steve Wacker stupid? He states that it is permanent and why would a professional like him lie?
    To avoid revealing story beats years in advance?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

This is just some marketing PR stunt by Marvel to get Spider-man 700 to be talked about all over the place. I just saw it in the CNN news crawl.

They probably just grabbed the standard death threat Slott gets regularly and are now turning it into a big deal.

Because, seriously..... you folks really think that Marvel didnt have something up their sleeve to promote this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is just some marketing PR stunt by Marvel to get Spider-man 700 to be talked about all over the place. I just saw it in the CNN news crawl.

They probably just grabbed the standard death threat Slott gets regularly and are now turning it into a big deal.

Because, seriously..... you folks really think that Marvel didnt have something up their sleeve to promote this book?
    You'd think a company would be stupid enough to fake death threats to get publicity for their product?

That being said, if someone gets pissed off about a form of entertainment to the point of threatening to kill the people behind it just because they did something you don't like, that someone needs to re-evaluate their psyche.

I laughed way harder at this post than I should have

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    You'd think a company would be stupid enough to fake death threats to get publicity for their product?

That being said, if someone gets pissed off about a form of entertainment to the point of threatening to kill the people behind it just because they did something you don't like, that someone needs to re-evaluate their psyche.
    I never said anything about fake death threats.

Comic writers/editors have directly lied in interviews/social media to avoid revealing story points in the past, and probably will do again. TV show actors/writers have done the same. No idea whether that's what's happening here, but no problem if it is. They aren't politicians, and it's all part of the fun.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

You are wrong.

(though I now some of you take pride in that).

SW

Veteran Member

Mike, while we're talking about crazy stuff anonymous people say on internet, do that bit about how Marvel (and me specifically) hate America and soldiers and are "pro-terrorist" .

Come on. It always makes you look so rational!

Thanks!

SW

why would someone post de*th thre*ts about a comic book? sheesh!

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Bleedingcool said the earlier tweet I posted from Gerry Conway is their comic tweet of the year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...t-of-the-year/
    It does make a difference, this time we live in where emotions are un-leashed with ease and abandon and few consequences. On the other hand I don't think that they taunted readers as much back then as they do now, they didn't take them as much for granted and if stories weren't like the fans were dumb for not liking them. Back in the 1970's marvel was a different company just as the world was different.