Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    And what if Peter doesn't come back?

Does a fictional persons life suddenly become more important than a real one?
    Depends on who's doing the reading.

I have to say that it does seem a bit worrisome when people go overboard on a simple paper comic strip and it makes people question their mental health.

I mean arguing about it is one thing, but this goes a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Maybe Slott shouldn't give any fans a reason to make threats, *cough*
    Please tell me this is some kind of bad joke?
    Last edited by destro; 12-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Please tell me this is some kind of bad joke?
    I liked your post before the edit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I liked your post before the edit more.
    Well I want to stay civil, even when other people's behavior doesn't really warrant it...

Me too. :)

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    I'm not condoning the kind of threats that imply death or damage to a person or something they own, but everyone knows some people are crazy hardcore fans that will go to any heights for something they love. I myself only starting reading Spider-Man 3 issues ago so I'm not to that point yet. (Not saying I would go to that point.)
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I'm not condoning the kind of threats that imply death or damage to a person or something they own, but everyone knows some people are crazy hardcore fans that will go to any heights for something they love. I myself only starting reading Spider-Man 3 issues ago so I'm not to that point yet. (Not saying I would go to that point.)
    Okay thanks for the clarification, I thought you were saying he deserved this or something. Sorry for the overly harsh reply in that case.

but everyone knows some people are crazy hardcore fans that will go to any heights for something they love. I myself only starting reading Spider-Man 3 issues ago so I'm not to that point yet. (Not saying I would go to that point.)
    Trust me. I've been collecting comics for ~30 years. Most people don't get to that level. The so-called hardcore (the rabid) only represent a truly small minority. They're just far more vocal. Most fans will collect or read for years and never reach the level of insanity mastered by these guys who troll the net. Most fans are, well, shockingly normal.

You shouldn't have to yield to crazy people.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Although nobody should resort to death threats, Mister Slott here is playing an interesting game.

Not even watching Spider-Man 3 could drive me to the point of wanting to kill someone and I grew up reading/watching Spidey for quite a few years. Maybe Fredric Wertham had a point after all.

I'm actually looking forward to reading it all and am not crazy enough to think Pete won't be back once the new movie's out.

Do you need an example to justify why some fans are so angry about this? Well, I'll give you one:

I'm sure many of you know who Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was, the writter and creator of the world's greatest detective... Sherlock Holmes. (If you were thinking about Batman, sorry, but Batman was actually partially based on Sherlock Holmes). Back to the point, according to what I read about it, it came a time when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was very jealous of his own character; so he decided to create a story where Holmes will die. That was the story about the final fight of Sherlock Holmes with his nemesis Professor Moriarty, which ended when both of them died after falling from the Reichenback Falls.

This sudden death of the greatest of all detectives turned into a complete indignation of public, making all Holmes' fans become really mad. In the end, under the pressure of his editor's demands and the anger of the fans, Conan Doyle had to resurrect his character in "The Hound of Baskerville" to calm everyone; saying that Holmes somehow managed to survive the fall graving himself to a tree or something like that, while Moriarty apparently didn't had such luck.

So, I think this will become exactly like that situation; at all the levels, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Completely unacceptable. You would think, especially after last Friday's tragedy, that people could keep things in perspective. There is no need to wish death or tragedy on anyone. This is an absolute disgrace.
    Why is this thread 13 pages?? It should have been closed after Kevin's comment. Seriously.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I wish I could be more shocked at how many people decided to come into this thread specifically to try to justify this disgusting type of behavior. What is wrong with you people?

Just because some things happen all the time does not make it ok or justified. Trying to pass it off as harmless or anything less than the sort of sociopathic behavior it is is exactly what perpetuates this kind of thing.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja