Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Sucks too because Slott is a great guy who loves what he's doing. I don't think he set out to piss people off but tell a great tale.

People need a reality check, and sadly the internet is the last place where they are going to find it.

And here i was, thinking that nothing would ever get spidey fans more pissed off than OMD.

How wrong i was.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    And here i was, thinking that nothing will ever get spidey fans more pissed off than OMD.

How wrong i was.
    I don't even know if we've reached OMD level yet.

Slott's more approachable online than Quesada is, so he's more vulnerable to direct messages promising retaliation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Jesus people, he's not the best Spider-Man writer in the world but this is ridiculous. They're comic books. Even if he were having Spider-Man join Al Qaeda it'd still be a fictional story, and probably last about as long as this is going to. Not nearly as offensive as bringing back Cap's kid sidekick and making him a commie hitman, but we got some damned good comics out of it. I doubt it's anyone on CBR, but if you're reading this and you were one of these scumbags you should hand in your funnybooks and go find another hobby. You make the rest of us look bad (and that's saying something).
    A Fool for the Foom

This is just ridiculous.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

It seems that the loonies are coming out in full force--they need to stop reading comics and GET HELP.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Reminds me of the threats Gillen addressed on his formspring.

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGille...06978989325254

It's this weird thing that people do not know that they should interact with people online in a manner that acknowledges others as real people.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

There is absolutely no excuse for such a response to this. Honestly, there are some comments that seem to make excuses for that kind of response from a fan, blaming it on Marvel or Mr. Slott, that make me a little embarrassed. There is no debate here. The people making the threats, whether intended as a joke or in jest, need to be prosecuted under law. No one should be made to feel unsafe or have their livelihood threatened for doing his job, especially when his job is to write fictional stories that are read or bought for leisure.

Trying to understand or explain something is not trying to justify something. That suggestion is absurd and anti-intellectual.

EDIT: Sometimes we try to understand something so that we can solve a problem, as opposed to throw up our hands and say "it's the way of the world" or "should of seen it coming!". That is equally as absurd, btw.
    Last edited by oldforce; 12-18-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    The Circumstances at the End

Top 10: Astro City, Captain America, East of West, Hawkeye, Lazarus, New Avengers, Saga, Thor: God of Thunder, Wonder Woman, Zero

Can't say I'm surprised. People need to chill.
    "Remember that one time during the fight when it looked like you might actually win? No? Me neither." Spider-Man

:Facepalm: at the human race.

It's embarassing enough that someone death threats. And that he/she does it because of the comic book.
    But it's another thing when he/she does it via twitter, or facebook.

Good for Mr. Slott. He shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

This is the problem with people and entertainment: there are people who take it WAY too seriously. There are people who hate other people just because they didn't "do justice" to a character or a story. I can understand disliking what "geniuses" like Joe Quesda, M. Night Shyamalon, George Lucas, etc. do to certain characters and stories, but to hate them for it or say they wish they were dead is crazy. You want to put a fictional character/world over a human beings life? Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...-man-plotline/

I'm pretty sure it's over Amazing #700.

Slott said he'll go into hiding after that issue, looks like he might actually have to.

Seriously though, this is pretty disgraceful and I'm ashamed that people can act this over comic books.
    Comletgely agree it's ridiculous - and that's putting it mildly - to threaten someone's life over a comic book character - as is the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Stay safe, Dan.
    Quoted in agreement

Mary Jane becomes Spider-Man, I just knew it.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Call me cinic but I don't think Slott is the first writer/artist to received a death threat from unhappy costumers. Usually those threats are void menaces.
    This is also an excellent marketing strategy.
    Ok, hate now for typing it.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.