Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Not impressed at all. At least he didn't cite Byrne's Superman but he cited DKR which is even worse. And he calls him Clark every 5 seconds...he doesn't really get it.
    The second I read that he liked DKR I knew you would be pissed. You need to stop judging Superman fans because they like things you don't.

I like that Snyder mentioned exploring the choices Superman has to make and his moral compass. That sounds pretty interesting to me. I've always thought that one of the most interesting ways to explore Superman as a character is to examine how he handles being the most powerful superhero and what impact he can have on the world. The responsibility of his power. If Snyder does that well, I'll be a happy reader.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

I love that he calls him Clark. That's his name! He wasn't raised getting called Kal-el or Superman. His name is Clark.

The run sounds good, and looks like it really gets into one of my favourite things about Supetman - he can do ANYTHING and always does the right thing. That must really be the most difficult thing in the world. Batman, Wolverine, they can lose control and get angry and get personal and that's easy. Keeping it calm, doing what's right instead of what you immediately want, that's hard. That's Interesting.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    The second I read that he liked DKR I knew you would be pissed. You need to stop judging Superman fans because they like things you don't.
    He'll just ignore you because you're beneath him. You're worse than pond scum if you support Superman in any shape or form, unless it's the Silver and Bronze Age Superman.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    He'll just ignore you because you're beneath him. You're worse than pond scum if you support Superman in any shape or form, unless it's the Silver and Bronze Age Superman.
    It's what he likes. Can't blame him for speaking his mind. Best to just grin and bare it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    'Worse than pond scum'?

...the fungus that feeds on pond scum?

...the pus that infects the mucus... that cruds up the fungus?

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    'Worse than pond scum'?

...the fungus that feeds on pond scum?

...the pus that infects the mucus... that cruds up the fungus?
    MMMmmmm.... That sounds tasty.

Okay, I admit it. Snyder loving Superman IV is worrisome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I get the feeling he mainly appreciates it because Superman's quest and his enemy are grounded and wrapped up in real political issues relevant to ordinary people. How does Superman help a child to not fear nuclear proliferation and war? What can a superhero do to intervene in human history? What is his role? The film also addresses some of the issues relating to corporately influenced journalism currently being played out in Lobdell's Superman. So, really, I believe Snyder is referring primarily to the general concepts and ideas Superman IV explores. When he says the film is not the DNA of his story, I think he's trying to make it clear nothing specific from the Superman IV will be directly paralleled or referenced during his run. He liked how Superman was tested is the sense I get from his comments.
    Last edited by misslane38; 12-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Am I the only one who thought he was.....well, maybe not ironic per see, but overplaying his supposed "love" of the movie for the sake of the private joke he was obviously having with the journalist?
    As for the interview itself.....meh, these guys who are like "we're going to do the Superman gig like you never saw it before" pretty much always say the same thing. Shaking the character morally and physically. Making him confront the consequences of his choices. Finding his core.
    We've heard all this already by others before him. Most of the time it was disapointing. And considering my appreciation of his work on Batman, I'm not especially confident (I will get his run on Detective for Christmas, so maybe my opinion will change).
    If that said, if the story is about Superman doing something as politically ballsy as forcing countries to surrend him all nuclear weapons, it would at least have my curiousity.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I get the feeling he mainly appreciates it because Superman's quest and his enemy are grounded and wrapped up in real political issues relevant to ordinary people. How does Superman help a child to not fear nuclear proliferation and war? What can a superhero do to intervene in human history? What is his role? The film also addresses some of the issues relating to corporately influenced journalism currently being played out in Lobdell's Superman. So, really, I believe Snyder is referring primarily to the general concepts and ideas Superman IV explores. When he says the film is not the DNA of his story, I think he's trying to make it clear nothing specific from the Superman IV will be directly paralleled or referenced during his run. He liked how Superman was tested is the sense I get from his comments.
    No, I'm pretty sure Snyder intends to bring Nuclear Man into the New 52.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor
    IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Oddly, purely as a joke, I'd love to see how he'd handle something like that. I bet Grant Morrison could find a way to make Nuclear Man cool.

Okay, don't take me being worried about someone liking a film I can't even get through without strong medication as being a downer on what's to come. That's not me.

And isn't Nuclear Man actually Superboy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Marvel already beat us to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    I wonder what he thinks of For Tomorrow which is probably the most interesting Superman story in recent years.
    However bad things get, at least this isn't true.