Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Babyhater666 View Post
    Well, if killing them is ok, I suppose incest isn't too great stretch for headmaster Logan.

I love that they've taken a book about a school and made it almost exclusively about the teachers. None of the students have any real story lines being paid close attention to, just repeated cameos it seems.
    Oya is getting manipulated by a fake priest. Broo has been shot in the head and will revert to a much savage and normal broodling. Kid Apo is still torn between his heroic upbringing and his natural evil. QQ is being a prick. We get to see new students adjusting to their powers. I don't say it's perfect, but the book shows the students as much as the "teachers".

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oya is getting manipulated by a fake priest. Broo has been shot in the head and will revert to a much savage and normal broodling. Kid Apo is still torn between his heroic upbringing and his natural evil. QQ is being a prick. We get to see new students adjusting to their powers. I don't say it's perfect, but the book shows the students as much as the "teachers".
    I know. It's just the cast feels so bloated. The student's stories seem thin and nearly stagnant in their progression. Oya and Quire get some of the most attention and even they get dumbed down for the sake of panel space. I'm a whiner, but the book doesn't have enough focus to do any of the stories a whole lot of justice.
    Two tons of fun

Teen Jean and Quire will have an interesting chat about Xavier and she will probably read his mind and freak him out. He will say something flirty and obnoxious. Jean will laugh, say something flirty and obnoxious back and that will be that. They are teenagers after all lol

As for Storm and Logan, they have been close for years, but have always been akin to brother and sister, each affording the other general respect. And at times Storm has been upset by Logans killer nature. They may go on a date, but im sure it wont advance much further than that. Theres nothing wrong with javing a casual friendly date.

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    Finally! The new generation of comic book readers smell the shit storm that Marvel has been dishing out, trying to pass it off as decent comic book reading. Storm is a lot more independent than Jean was, so I don't buy that attraction to Wolverine, who is mysoginistic and doesn't exactly give a great vibe in understanding a modern woman (i.e. he's most likely to think Storm belongs in the kitchen cooking dinner while he kills a few more of his "kids" at work).
    Not that I'm "pro-Wolverine", but the only woman he's ever been attached to that followed a traditional "woman's role" (how I hate that phrase) was Mariko in the beginning, and that was more intended to be cultural. He's always been drawn to women who don't take shit from him and are willing to put him in his place....Jean, Yukio, Melita....now Ororo. Really, he and Storm have been shown to have some chemistry of a sort, and I'd like to see it play out. If anything, it might keep her from angsting over T'Challah or keep him from stalking TeenJean.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    QQ is... 15ish during Morrison's run, spent about a week at most breaking out at various points until Schism, which can't have been terribly long ago, so he's 16 max. Which puts him halfway between Oya and mother dearest.
    Thought it was stated at the beginning of WatXM that Quire was 17? I also thought Bendis slated teen Cyke as 18 and Jean as 17?

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Teen Jean and Quire will have an interesting chat about Xavier and she will probably read his mind and freak him out. He will say something flirty and obnoxious. Jean will laugh, say something flirty and obnoxious back and that will be that. They are teenagers after all lol

As for Storm and Logan, they have been close for years, but have always been akin to brother and sister, each affording the other general respect. And at times Storm has been upset by Logans killer nature. They may go on a date, but im sure it wont advance much further than that. Theres nothing wrong with javing a casual friendly date.
    I think this is most likely. But I disagree about Storm and Wolverine having a brother/sister dynamic. They have gone on a date before. They have flirted and kissed before. Brothers and sisters (at least non-creepy ones) don't usually do that. Storm may not agree with Wolverine's killer nature, but that may be different now. Storm is slated to join Uncanny X-Force. Maybe in adopting her mohawk look, she'll reassess her notion of Logan's approach. This could lead to some interesting chemistry. I'm not sure it'll be a full blown relationship. I do agree with some that it's a little soon after the annulment of her marriage. But I'm glad it's something that Aaron is exploring.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Who is Storm playing chess with?

Kitty? Rachel? And if she loses, I assume she's required to "date" Wolverine?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

BANNED

rolo doesn't have the right ring to it. i prefer "organ."

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Me too, Aces. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Wow when you say Organ I Immediately think so them having sex lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Wow when you say Organ I Immediately think so them having sex lol
    It doesn't seem to take that much prompting tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think this is most likely. But I disagree about Storm and Wolverine having a brother/sister dynamic. They have gone on a date before. They have flirted and kissed before. Brothers and sisters (at least non-creepy ones) don't usually do that. Storm may not agree with Wolverine's killer nature, but that may be different now. Storm is slated to join Uncanny X-Force. Maybe in adopting her mohawk look, she'll reassess her notion of Logan's approach. This could lead to some interesting chemistry. I'm not sure it'll be a full blown relationship. I do agree with some that it's a little soon after the annulment of her marriage. But I'm glad it's something that Aaron is exploring.
    I dont mean brother/sister in that way. I mean they are such close friends that they are as close as family.

A family of race traitors.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    I dont mean brother/sister in that way. I mean they are such close friends that they are as close as family.
    I apologize if I misunderstood, but I still think that assessment misses some of the other romantic undertones between these characters that we've seen in the past. They have kissed. They have gone on dates. It's just never been fleshed out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    A family of race traitors.
    Umm...

Storm is all like, "Jynx, please" to you.

And:

for good measure.