Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Yeah, we're just kinda jumoiing to conclusions here, he might not be Milan. But he probably is.

I wonder if he's blind. I'm guessing his power has something to do with his eyes, or something was done to them. The eyes on his blindfold are familiar.
    Maybe he has fly eyes? Maybe he can see through the eyes of all the world's flies, which his why his ability is a curse--it's just too much of a flood of information. Maybe the blindfold shuts down the power--somewhat like Diana's cuffs restrict her powers.

Notice how he can find the sandwich when a fly lands on it.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Ooh, so we think he sees through the flies. That's kinda gross.

Geez. Maybe I should pay more attention. :)

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Maybe we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, but it seems likely that this is Milan. According to Orion, the trash-digging guy has a power that's useful in finding people, so it would make that Siracca sent Diana to him as he seeks Zola's baby (and Hermes). Siracca says Milan can barely take care of himself, which seems to fit this guy. Lennox seems to suggests that Milan has problems because of Zeus' power in his blood, and this guy says that his ability is a curse. This guy is in New York, and Siracca said Milan was in New York. And we know from a panel released earlier that Diana is going to encounter this guy and Orion in this issue, and we know she's looking for Milan. So we're kind of putting the pieces together. On the other hand, Lennox makes Milan sound less friendly than this guy seems to be; but we haven't seen this guy with strangers.
    Pluto, you'll always be a planet to me.

Boring. Hope it's a setup to a WW Orion fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    Why do you care? You're not even reading any of the New 52 books.

BANNED

Can't see the preview but I won't be able to see it until Wednesday, when I'll be able to get back online. Changing service providers. Sounds like not much is happening in this issue.

Neat.

So instead of having ridiculously over-the-top New Gods costumes, the brash Orion has "the attitude of the hottest astronaut in the late '60s. He's got the right stuff," Chiang explains. "We've got him in this motorcycle-racing jacket and these tight black pants and boots, and the Astro-Harness now resembles more of an Italian racing bike.
    Chiang has found that the New Gods are really tricky characters to get right, partly because of their own mythic nature and how that compares to conventional superheroes such as Superman and Batman.

"The New Gods really need to be larger than life," he says. "There's an operatic quality to them, and they need to be handled pretty carefully or else you'll go too far and be almost like a caricature."
    Yesssssssssss. This will be good.

It is.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Not going to read the preview -- too excited!

Interview says a lot of the right stuff.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Neat.

It is.
    There is a good chance it will only be a short, unsatisfying fight, or else that panel is the one they show on the last page so we will have to wait for resolution in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Why do you care? You're not even reading any of the New 52 books.
    Oh I read them. I just don't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Neat.

It is.
    YES! Now she just needs a huge gun!!! EXCELLENT! I hope she maims him.

YES! Now she just needs a huge gun!!! EXCELLENT! I hope she maims him.
    Its Orion, He Is the Person Destined to Kill Darkseid I can see Him getting the Best of her, Especially since it looks like he gets the drop on her.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Its Orion, He Is the Person Destined to Kill Darkseid I can see Him getting the Best of her, Especially since it looks like he gets the drop on her.
    I think the solicit calls this "round one," so my guess is that he gets the best of her but then she comes back, possibly with cuffs off, and evens the score in 16.

I'm mildly sorry to see her using swords that seem to have her own insignia on them. I've liked the fact that in this book she has normally gone into battle without swords, only occasionally using borrowed or found swords.
    Last edited by slvn; 12-18-2012 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Unfortunately he is coming at her with two fists, while she looks ready with 2 swords.