Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #15 Preview

Here is a preview of Wonder Woman #15 along with an interview by Cliff Chiang!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1774615/
    Last edited by Goldenboy882; 12-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.

It says document not found?

Hm, looks like the flies on the cover of issue #16 are related to Milan, not some fly deity.
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 12-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Veteran Member

Thanks, goldenboy.

Quote Originally Posted by swatkat View Post
    I got that error message too, but I see it's at http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1774615/

Quote Originally Posted by swatkat View Post
    Sorry, I was trying to convert from a mobile site. I fixed the link, it should work now.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I like how they're characterizing Orion. He's not some heavy-handed bruiser, which would be really easy to do with him being a God of War. He actually kind-of reminds me of Wonder Woman in a way, how he's a warrior and yet seems to have compassion for people like Milan (and is that a regular Earth deity, or a New God I'm not familiar with?).

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Hm, looks like the flies on the cover of issue #16 are related to Milan, not some fly deity.
    Yup. And he's got some kind of vision power. Do you suppose he sees through the eyes of flies?

I like Diana's "HA!" when Lennox mentions how charming he is. They're sounding more like brother and sister. It was interesting when Lennox added "as you know" after mentioning that Zeus power "don' always flow correctly" in the blood of his children. I wonder if this is a reference to why Diana needs the cuffs.

Could someone explain what Milan meant by the "I have my joyrides..." line?
    That guy is harder to understand than Lennox himself.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Could someone explain what Milan meant by the "I have my joyrides..." line?
    That guy is harder to understand than Lennox himself.
    Normally it would mean he just rides on the trains without paying the fairs. Hellrides are possibly when he gets caught.
    But in this case, I suppose it has a more literal meaning, as in going somewhere nice in one direction and somewhere really unpleasant when going the other.

BANNED

Chiang has found that the New Gods are really tricky characters to get right, partly because of their own mythic nature and how that compares to conventional superheroes such as Superman and Batman.

"The New Gods really need to be larger than life," he says. "There's an operatic quality to them, and they need to be handled pretty carefully or else you'll go too far and be almost like a caricature."

Darkseid and his Parademons have already been reintroduced in the first arc of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's Justice League series, Chiang would love to bring Mister Miracle and Big Barda into his book.

But it is called Wonder Woman, he says. "We want to focus on her story and not allow her to be overwhelmed by this giant cast. There is a tendency for the New Gods to work best as guest stars.
    Wells said. Very,very excited for this.

I am so looking forward to this. Definitely my most anticipated book coming out this week, and I say that fully aware that Saga #8 is released on the same day.

Wait. Am I missing something. The guy digging through the trash in the preview is Milan? Where is that said?

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Yup. And he's got some kind of vision power. Do you suppose he sees through the eyes of flies?

I like Diana's "HA!" when Lennox mentions how charming he is. They're sounding more like brother and sister. It was interesting when Lennox added "as you know" after mentioning that Zeus power "don' always flow correctly" in the blood of his children. I wonder if this is a reference to why Diana needs the cuffs.
    Pluto, you'll always be a planet to me.

Chiang's change how he does the panels, before they were kinda wonky and looked as though he drew them free hand, and now they are all straight. I think I preferred them before.

This looks great. I'm already liking Milan, and Orion was pretty cool, I was a little bit worried about how he would be, but this looks good. Really like Diana and Lennox's interactions here. Chiang's art is, as always, gorgeous, and I wish he was drawing every issue.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alatheus View Post
    Wait. Am I missing something. The guy digging through the trash in the preview is Milan? Where is that said?
    Maybe we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, but it seems likely that this is Milan. According to Orion, the trash-digging guy has a power that's useful in finding people, so it would make that Siracca sent Diana to him as he seeks Zola's baby (and Hermes). Siracca says Milan can barely take care of himself, which seems to fit this guy. Lennox seems to suggests that Milan has problems because of Zeus' power in his blood, and this guy says that his ability is a curse. This guy is in New York, and Siracca said Milan was in New York. And we know from a panel released earlier that Diana is going to encounter this guy and Orion in this issue, and we know she's looking for Milan. So we're kind of putting the pieces together. On the other hand, Lennox makes Milan sound less friendly than this guy seems to be; but we haven't seen this guy with strangers.
    Last edited by slvn; 12-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Yeah, we're just kinda jumoiing to conclusions here, he might not be Milan. But he probably is.

I wonder if he's blind. I'm guessing his power has something to do with his eyes, or something was done to them. The eyes on his blindfold are familiar.