Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Abrams's "Star Trek Into Darkness" Debuts Melancholy Teaser Trailer

Paramount Pictures has premiered a somber new trailer for J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness," which pits the crew of the Enterprise against an unstoppable force of terror from within Starfleet. The film opens May 17.

Full article here.

Looks like the Enterprise is going to get super beat up/destroyed again possibly. Wish they'd get over that, it's been done to death.

However, the movie does look pretty friggin awesome.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

That is seriously the first time I have ever found three words threatening. "You are not". Awesome trailer. May 17th cannot get here soon enough. I wonder if the whole "who's he playing" will be resolved/revealed before that day. Whomever he is playing, it looks to be VERY good.

I saw a 10 minute trailer for this before the Hobbit in IMAX and I'm looking forward to seeing this. Looked pretty intense.

The thing that surprises me most is how excited I am to see that this movie will ft. more Spuhura.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

It sounds like Kirk's ego is writing checks his body can't cash!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It sounds like Kirk's ego is writing checks his body can't cash!

Which is what needed. lot of people were made that kirk was made the permanent Cap saying he is to young and egotistical.

This is like his failure with that salt cloud in ToS.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Looks like the Enterprise is going to get super beat up/destroyed again possibly. Wish they'd get over that, it's been done to death.
    I doubt it'll be destroyed out right, but getting damaged is the name of the game in Trek. A movie can dedicate more time to damaging a Federation ship, than a television series that has to recycle footage to keep cost down. Hence the damage to the Enterprise, the Enterprise-A, the Enterprise-D and the Enterprise-E.

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.
    Marketing people are the funniest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    I doubt it'll be destroyed out right, but getting damaged is the name of the game in Trek. A movie can dedicate more time to damaging a Federation ship, than a television series that has to recycle footage to keep cost down. Hence the damage to the Enterprise, the Enterprise-A, the Enterprise-D and the Enterprise-E.
    Different strokes for different folks. I always thought the threat of getting the ship beat up/destroyed was always more meaningful than actually watching it take a beating. Plus, in general I think beating up the Enterprise has become a worn out trick. It worked in Wrath of Khan because to my knowledge we never really saw the Enterprise get its teeth kicked in like that before, Search for Spock actually had the ship being destroyed which was a new thing, Star Trek 6 was forgivable because they were up against a prototype ship. Watching the Ent-D get jobbed in Generations was just stupid. The Ent-E getting beat up by the Sona just didn't make sense to me. And in Nemesis they just went way too over the top with it all.
    Last edited by SephirothDZX; 12-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Which is what needed. lot of people were made that kirk was made the permanent Cap saying he is to young and egotistical.

This is like his failure with that salt cloud in ToS.
    Oh, I wasn't arguing it's a bad thing. Just making a silly Top Gun reference.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oh, I wasn't arguing it's a bad thing. Just making a silly Top Gun reference.
    only if Spock is iceman
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    only if Spock is iceman
    Does that make McCoy Goose?

Ha! When I read this title for a moment I thought it meant that Star Trek was going to have a Teaser for Lars Von Trier's Melancholia. That would have been a great fit.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Ha! When I read this title for a moment I thought it meant that Star Trek was going to have a Teaser for Lars Von Trier's Melancholia. That would have been a great fit.
    They stop the runaway planet, making the universe safe for Kirsten Dunst's breasts.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex