Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    I for one have been asking what does she do in London and how she lives etc and how is it no one recognizes her? She is nearly 6 foot, she is drop dead gorgeous and you telling me no Papparazzi have not picked up on it? Are Londoners dumb? The British tabloids are rabid or does Azz not know that?

I really want to know what Diana is going to do when she is finish fighting all those Gods and is she going to spend it sitting in a London flat? There has to be some thing else to her. If she is an Ambassador she can be Princess Diana but if she is going to live among the world, and normal people the ID is very much part of her history I thought.
    No, In Europe women are taller than American women. The normal height in America is 5,2 to 5,6 and Europe it's 5,6 to 5,11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nomer View Post
    She clearly doesn't care if anyone recognizes her and isn't interested in pretending to be anyone else.
    I've always hated the secret identity. Unlike Clark she didn't grow up as a normal person, she really would be putting on an act.
    This.

I wouldn't mind "Diana Prince" as an undercover alias though, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nomer View Post
    She clearly doesn't care if anyone recognizes her and isn't interested in pretending to be anyone else.
    I've always hated the secret identity. Unlike Clark she didn't grow up as a normal person, she really would be putting on an act.
    The 21st century media wouldn't care that she doesn't care. That's the point and she isn't an Ambassador, and even if she were nothing changes regarding how the tabloids would see her.

God, I hope not.

Johns' use of Wonder Woman and her related characters has just been a complete mess.

BANNED

The 21st century media wouldn't care that she doesn't care. That's the point and she isn't an Ambassador, and even if she were nothing changes regarding how the tabloids would see her.
    Think even the 21st century media understands that someone like Wonder Woman is for one thing a walking target, so a hazard being anywhere near of, also this particular version of her will have gotten the message through that she doesn't want to be bothered.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

So once again Superman is going to teach Wonder Woman how to be a normal human being?

Bleh.

Are we absolutely sure that this IS actually Diana? Because I dont understand how a story like this can be happening at the same time as Azzarello's story about a woman who rents a flat in London, has breakfast at street cafe's and goes to clubs to hang out, and shops for regular clothes.

I mean seriously, WTF?
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-17-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So once again Superman is going to teach Wonder Woman how to be a normal human being?

Bleh.
    Just like in Dini's Ambassador for Peace.
    More seriously, it's probably more of a thing she would use to hang out with "Clark Kent" than a real identity.
    Not that I care, Justice League sucks.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Just like in Dini's Ambassador for Peace.
    More seriously, it's probably more of a thing she would use to hang out with "Clark Kent" than a real identity.
    Not that I care, Justice League sucks.
    I added to my post above, but yes that occured to me.

Shame she could not have had that particular brainstorm in time to save Steve.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

I added to my post above, but yes that occured to me.

Shame she could not have had that particular brainstorm in time to save Steve.
    Steve sucks. He was happy being the most envied man on earth then pissed as the ex. If he cared about consequences he would have done things differently hence he is the ex.

At this point I think Geoff Johns is deliberately trying to undermine what Azzarello's doing. The idea of anyone teaching her how to be human and how to fit in, especially after she's already been living in man’s worlds for five freakin' years, is beyond stupid and insulting to the character. This is actually painful to read.

I actually don't mind the Diana Prince ID being used again, but this is not the way to go about it. And five years into her being Wonder Woman it feels far too late.

Steve sucks. He was happy being the most envied man on earth then pissed as the ex. If he cared about consequences he would have done things differently hence he is the ex.
    He was happy? Do you mean when he was with Diana as her boyfriend? Was that part of their relationship shown and did he really seem happy for that specific reason (i.e. the attention)? Or do you mean afterward, because he didn't seem happy with the attention, if I recall correctly. Basically, where are you getting this impression about Steve from, since I have no clue.

Veteran Member

To be fair, he's been living as a normal human being for virtually his whole life, while she's only been off the island for five years. Five years isn't very long to get acculturated to such a different world.

She could, on the other hand, teach him to see the wonder in things that have become ordinary to him, and (as she seems ready to do in Justice League Dark 1) teach him to cope better with magic and the world of the supernatural. That would be good to see.

Because I dont understand how a story like this can be happening at the same time as Azzarello's story about a woman who rents a flat in London, has breakfast at street cafe's and goes to clubs to hang out, and shops for regular clothes.
    Yeah, I think you have a point. She seems much better adjusted in her own title. On the other hand, she doesn't seem to conceal her identity; she sometimes wears WW insignia when she goes out in otherwise civilian clothes. Also, going out in public is one thing, and having close relationships is another. And we don't see her in close, one-on-one relationships with Londoners, which could fit with the idea that she's uncomfortable forming such relationships because she believes they might jeopardize people. (It doesn't as easily fit with Clark having to teach her the joys of going to a coffee shop, though.)

I hope not. Because not only is Johns, once again, defining and developing Wonder Woman based on her relationship with Superman as opposed to what Azzerello is doing with her in her own series, but it would also mean that Superman is literally turning Wonder Woman into a female carbon copy of himself.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Not Diana Clayton?

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    To be fair, he's been living as a normal human being for virtually his whole life, while she's only been off the island for five years. Five years isn't very long to get acculturated to such a different world.
    Are you kidding? If you live in a place for 5 years and dont know how to act around the people there that's either deliberate stubborness or a syndrome.

Yeah, I think you have a point. She seems much better adjusted in her own title. On the other hand, she doesn't seem to conceal her identity; she sometimes wears WW insignia when she goes out in otherwise civilian clothes. Also, going out in public is one thing, and having close relationships is another. And we don't see her in close, one-on-one relationships with Londoners, which could fit with the idea that she's uncomfortable forming such relationships because she believes they might jeopardize people. (It doesn't as easily fit with Clark having to teach her the joys of going to a coffee shop, though.)
    Here is what I see. Guys, you have to get that crazy woman and show her how to behave. She is not going to figure it out on her own. And lord knows she is going to have control issues that you will have to help her manage. You may get kicked in the face a few times but perservere. She needs your help.

I hope all you men in the 18-34 year old demographic are taking notes. Watch Superman and see how men need to help women function in our society. Because lets face it, if Wonder Woman cant manage it what chance do the rest of the female humans on the planet have?

And yes, that is sarcasm