Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Will Wonder Woman become Diana Prince in Justice League #15? PREVIEW!

Justice League #15 Preview

Here is what matters

Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

I was just about to post this.

Will Wonder Woman become Diana Prince in Justice League #15?
    I sure hope not. Not every hero needs a secret I.D.

Side note, Ivan Reis' art in those 5 pages is already better than the entirety of Jim Lee's 10 issues of JL.

I'm sure it's just a hint.

If/when Diana does adopt a secret identity, I would hope she'd make it her own and not just blindly copy something that's worked for someone else with a different life experience. For instance, Clark says here that the secret identity permits one to "unplug," but for him unplugging by acting like the guy he was growing up makes sense. For Diana, unplugging seems more like doing something that connects to her roots on Paradise Island. It's also more difficult for Diana than for Clark because she doesn't have a history. She has no school records and no sense of a human career she'd like or be able to do. It's just a moment that could lead anywhere, but I don't like Clark taking his perception, which nurtured his attraction, of he and Diana as being similar a step further to basically instill in her important things that all come from him. Teamwork? He encouraged it. Belief in the goodness of humans? He affirmed it. Secret identity? He's explaining it. All using what worked for him. If this is going to work for me, I need to see Diana find what works for her rather than blindly and obediently adopting what Superman suggests, and for the narrative to explore why it might be harder, or at least different, for her to do as Superman does.

The title was just a little joke

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    The title was just a little joke
    Sure. I get that you and the rest of us don't really believe Diana Prince is happening in this issue. However, just the subtle hints at a secret identity can inspire discussion of the concept as a whole regardless of whether it's actually happening anytime soon. I like your thread title. It's fun and provocative.

The question is should she come back? I mean the justice league could easily make records for her. I think Diana Prince should come back but than again the charater sheet as her name as Diana Prince

She already has a flat in London. How doe she pay for it and what name does she use? Do the people in her building know they live near Wonder Woman?

Diana Prince s already her real name.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Diana Prince s already her real name.

Has Wonder Woman ever been shown to actually use the name, though? In other words, is it functional? A name is a name. An identity is something entirely different.

I for one have been asking what does she do in London and how she lives etc and how is it no one recognizes her? She is nearly 6 foot, she is drop dead gorgeous and you telling me no Papparazzi have not picked up on it? Are Londoners dumb? The British tabloids are rabid or does Azz not know that?

I really want to know what Diana is going to do when she is finish fighting all those Gods and is she going to spend it sitting in a London flat? There has to be some thing else to her. If she is an Ambassador she can be Princess Diana but if she is going to live among the world, and normal people the ID is very much part of her history I thought.

Hmm, the ID has always been a bit sticky with me. Last canon she was a diplomat so she did not need it really but it did limit her life in that she really had not much downtime or regular relationships etc. It depends how it is done and what Diana's purpose is apart from heroics and hanging around with Olympians and Gods. Diana has a flat...did she buy it under Wonder Woman or Diana Prince etc? In her bio, is she called Diana Prince? After the hell Steve went through dating Wonder Woman, I wouldn't be surprised if she sees it as having some potential. Because whether WW dates Clark Kent or Steve Trevor...the press would not give them a rest. Keen to see her reaction and whether she wears it how she looks if she does.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Has Wonder Woman ever been shown to actually use the name, though? In other words, is it functional? A name is a name. An identity is something entirely different.
    In the New 52? Never.
    Pre-N52 only as a cover, I don't think she ever identified with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    In the New 52? Never.
    Pre-N52 only as a cover, I don't think she ever identified with it.
    Thanks for the information! It'll be interesting to see where this is going and if or how "Diana Prince" evolves into something functional.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    I for one have been asking what does she do in London and how she lives etc and how is it no one recognizes her? She is nearly 6 foot, she is drop dead gorgeous and you telling me no Papparazzi have not picked up on it? Are Londoners dumb? The British tabloids are rabid or does Azz not know that?

I really want to know what Diana is going to do when she is finish fighting all those Gods and is she going to spend it sitting in a London flat? There has to be some thing else to her. If she is an Ambassador she can be Princess Diana but if she is going to live among the world, and normal people the ID is very much part of her history I thought.
    She clearly doesn't care if anyone recognizes her and isn't interested in pretending to be anyone else.
    I've always hated the secret identity. Unlike Clark she didn't grow up as a normal person, she really would be putting on an act.