Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm kind of getting an Authority-vibe from the idea of Atlantis as a JL/global threat. Ivan Reis is probably the best of the wide-screen action artists, better than Brian Hitch for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm kind of getting an Authority-vibe from the idea of Atlantis as a JL/global threat. Ivan Reis is probably the best of the wide-screen action artists, better than Brian Hitch for sure.
    To be fair, Bryan Hitch currently is a pale shadow of what he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The futher away he got from Alan Davis the less I liked him.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    .............. still dont get this. what we have seen from ultron war looks amazing :/
    but yeah still even at his best hitch was not as good as todays ivan reis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    did you like him in ultimates (his best work) i didnt see any alan davis influence there

BANNED

Cool preview, but it's funny that I like Lobdell's Clark better than Johns'.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Agreed. Reis has a very dynamic style that is similar to Lee's. However, Lee doesn't do regular penciling anymore. He does these year long projects on a few titles from time to time, but he probably spends his time doing a lot more development and management than penciling.
    That is a good point, Lee ended up doing the big desk job pretty quickly. I mean, Wildstorm became an official company/part of WB in what, the late 90s? It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Lee didn't do that route and just plugged out a comic book every month for as long as he's been around. I mean, Erik Larson became a big deal around the same time as Lee, they had similar styles, but look at him then and look at him now:

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Fair enough, I have been out of the super loop lately aside from the occasional issue of Action.

Still though, what works for Clark shouldn't necessarily work for Diana. They're 2 very different people both in and out of costume.

The biggest difference is that to Clark he is both superman and clark kent, neither are completely manufactured. So even if he downplays his powers its not like he has to radically change who he is to fit in. Basically, Clark has to hide what he can do and where he was born. He can still be Clark Kent from Kansas. It's not like Diana can still be Diana from Themyscara.
    I agree about the differences between the two, but I think the thing with Clark might be why Diana might try to put up another identity for herself, even if she isn't familiar to it. It's like with any relationship--you'll do things that you don't necessarily like that much, because it makes your partner happy. I could see her deciding to at least try to go out as a normal person with Clark Kent to places, because even if he's in another persona, he's still the man she is slowly falling for.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I've so far been pleasantly surprised with this relationship, because I thought it was going to be love at first sight and just instant lovey-dovey relationship stuff, but so far they've played it pretty low-key and surprisingly fairly real.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    This is pretty much true of every single cape & cowl artist ... ever.

Reis is a great choice for Justice League. But we all already knew that ... because Blackest Night was basically just JLA vs. Space-Zombies.
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Lmao he bought her glasses. That's so corny its cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Alch View Post
    Lmao he bought her glasses. That's so corny its cute.
    Did he? He could have just grabbed an old pair of his mother's from the house. If he got Diana a pair, then I'm not sure what his thought process is. It feels too...eager...creepy? I don't know. On the one hand, I can see it as pretty harmless. On the other hand, it feels kind of obsessive and controlling, as if he's got a master plan. I guess I'm just tiring of how innocent, passive, and lost Diana seems to be in all of this. I'd like to see more of her perspective and her personality. Maybe that's coming. On a completely unrelated note, this preview has me thinking Geoff Johns has some sort of obsession with glasses. In his Season 10 Smallville episode, "Booster," Clark was getting used to his new mild-mannered Clark Kent persona with his fiancee Lois' encouragement, and there was some glasses exchanging going on with Lois at his childhood Smallville home they shared together.

I am fast learning that the ignore button preserves one's sanity around here.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Love that "I'd rather have good ppl trust me than bad ppl fear me" line by Supes. Why I like Supes more than Bats. Almost tempted to get this issue just for that...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Love that "I'd rather have good ppl trust me than bad ppl fear me" line by Supes. Why I like Supes more than Bats. Almost tempted to get this issue just for that...
    The people Generally Love Superman but it Seems that Batman has a Better Relationship with the Police in general. Its Kinda hilarious Neither of them Get Along with Government Agencies though.

IMO, the the scene with Clark holding out the glasses to Diana for her to try on seems like a deliberate nod to Wonder Woman's "Diana Prince" secret identity. And I have to agree with misslane38 and Whip Whirlwind. This scene, once again, illustrates a romance between Superman and Wonder Woman is rife with problems; because not only does it actually show just how incompatible Superman and Wonder Woman really are, but it's also, just like like it's been doing ever since their romance began, is defining and developing Wonder Woman in terms of her relationship with Superman rather than doing so on her own terms like Azzerello is doing in her own title. And if she does indeed adopt a Diana Prince secret identity as result of this scene, then we literally have Superman turning Wonder Woman into a female version of himself.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    It's like with any relationship--you'll do things that you don't necessarily like that much, because it makes your partner happy. I could see her deciding to at least try to go out as a normal person with Clark Kent to places, because even if he's in another persona, he's still the man she is slowly falling for.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I've so far been pleasantly surprised with this relationship, because I thought it was going to be love at first sight and just instant lovey-dovey relationship stuff, but so far they've played it pretty low-key and surprisingly fairly real.
    I think Johns is doing a great job of slowly building the relationship. It means it's given a chance to grow. And in any successful relationship, couples take suggestions from each other, not only to make each other happy, but to learn and grow as individuals. Whether one half of a couple accepts the suggestion after she/he has tried it is another matter, but at least they tried it. If she likes what he suggested, then great. If he doesn't like what she suggested, no big deal. They made an effort to learn more about each other and effort is one of the important ingredients of having a successful relationship.

As for Atlantis...I definitely can't wait to see what happens! It looks like it's pretty intense.