Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

WW already has an secret identity.She does live in an apartment and she lives as somebody else.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 12-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Also, I agree with misslane that Diana shouldn't actually take this advice, or maybe she should try, fail miserably (because she can't be Clark Kent) then try to find out something on her own. On the other hand I love the idea of Clark giving said advice because to him it's the best idea and of course he would do anything to help a (girl)friend.
    Exactly. It makes sense for Clark to want to give Diana some helpful tips, although it's a little naive and narcissistic to have those tips evoke a simplistic one size fits all mentality; thus I'd like for her to make her secret identity her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    WW already has an secret identity.She does live in an apartment so she does hide being Wonder Woman as somebody else.
    Is it a secret identity or does she just get by relatively unnoticed in London?
    Last edited by misslane38; 12-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    WW already has an secret identity.She does live in an apartment and she lives as somebody else.
    No she does not. Azzarello has her walking around and we have to presume no one notices Wonder Woman is walking around in normal clothes.Not very flattering to Londoners. If it is due to magic, well I get that. But he has not made the effort to explain anything about it.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    No she does not. Azzarello has her walking around and we have to presume no one notices Wonder Woman is walking around in normal clothes.Not very flattering to Londoners. If it is due to magic, well I get that. But he has not made the effort to explain anything about it.
    I don't see the problem, it's just hiding in plain sight. She becomes much less recognizable without the costume anyway.

Think the point is its a crash pad. Its not like she is working a job. So I would not exactly raise it to the level of functional secret id.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

The preview is excellent.I think Reis' style will probably allow Geoff to actually deliver more. After Steve Trevor went through the wringer dating Wonder Woman publicly...I would say Diana might consider what Clark might be suggesting. No matter who Wonder Woman chooses to date it would be a problem. Unless you live in London. Maybe the fog helps or she only comes out at night.lol.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Think the point is its a crash pad. Its not like she is working a job. So I would not exactly raise it to the level of functional secret id.
    Well that makes the most sense because time wise it seems Azz's story is fast paced like days etc.

It also means it won't contradict a secret ID even if it is a temporary one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I would disagree, at least about the style. I feel that Reis and Lee have a very similar style, it's just that Reis is a better/more versatile artist than Lee.
    Agreed. Reis has a very dynamic style that is similar to Lee's. However, Lee doesn't do regular penciling anymore. He does these year long projects on a few titles from time to time, but he probably spends his time doing a lot more development and management than penciling.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Exactly. It makes sense for Clark to want to give Diana some helpful tips, although it's a little naive and narcissistic to have those tips evoke a simplistic one size fits all mentality; thus I'd like for her to make her secret identity her own.
    I hope that this is a means for both of them to understand their differences in a way that puts a bit of a damper on the "OMG you're just like me!" high that started their relationship.

But really I just love the idea of Diana pointing out how the persona of clark kent requires a whole lot of taking crap from other people, something Diana would not be down with at all.

I hope that this is a means for both of them to understand their differences in a way that puts a bit of a damper on the "OMG you're just like me!" high that started their relationship.

But really I just love the idea of Diana pointing out how the persona of clark kent requires a whole lot of taking crap from other people, something Diana would not be down with at all.
    Agreed on both counts.

New 52 Clark Kent takes no crap from anyone so I don't know how this applies. You must be reading the wrong books. Action Clark and current Superman Clark stands up for himself.

That's some great art on the preview and variant galore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
    New 52 Clark Kent takes no crap from anyone so I don't know how this applies. You must be reading the wrong books. Action Clark and current Superman Clark stands up for himself.
    Damn right.

That's some great art on the preview and variant galore.
    Fair enough, I have been out of the super loop lately aside from the occasional issue of Action.

Still though, what works for Clark shouldn't necessarily work for Diana. They're 2 very different people both in and out of costume.

The biggest difference is that to Clark he is both superman and clark kent, neither are completely manufactured. So even if he downplays his powers its not like he has to radically change who he is to fit in. Basically, Clark has to hide what he can do and where he was born. He can still be Clark Kent from Kansas. It's not like Diana can still be Diana from Themyscara.

To me, it's more like he gets crap because a secret identity still carries with it a secret, and secrets can cause problems. People perceive Clark as a loner and they don't always understand why he acts the way he does, when we know it's because of some sort of superhero business that he has to make excuses for. It caused problems for Clark at work because he was on the Superman beat. So having a secret identity does cause problems -- makes Clark the recipient of "crap" so to speak -- but for the most part he copes. It doesn't mean it isn't a hassle. The question is whether Diana would want to put up with all of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Nice art, although that first page of some fish and bubbles seems like unnecessary filler. I'm really hoping that the pacing is ok. Johns had Reis draw stories in Aquaman that were even more decompressed than Lee's issues here in Justice League. He padded that book with double page spreads and drawings of the ocean.
    Sir when the page spreads are this freaking Good there is no force on this Earth that could make me give Damn.

LONG LIVE AND DRAW IVAN REIS