Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Abandoned & Forsaked: Did the Wasp Actually Die During "Secret Invasion?"

In the latest of CSBG's spotlights on stories that were abandoned then later overwritten, Brian Cronin examines whether Wasp of the Avengers actually died during "Secret Invasion."

Full article here.

Eh... I think the Hercules thing was just more a joke than anything else.

I'll wager the plan all along was for Wasp to have not really "died." So I'm iff if this qualifies as anything really being abandoned or forsaken.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I thought Janet was frozen mid-explosion outside of Pym's science-mansion?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I thought Janet was frozen mid-explosion outside of Pym's science-mansion?
    That turned out to be a red herring.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

That's what I get for missing issues.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

This is definitely one of those Mockingbird cases where I really don't give a crap about the inconsistencies, I'm just glad to have her back.

BANNED

"Those shape changing aliens"

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I think the Hercules thing was just more a joke than anything else.

I'll wager the plan all along was for Wasp to have not really "died." So I'm iff if this qualifies as anything really being abandoned or forsaken.
    that's, logically, not the original intent. she was exploding. to save everyone, she had to be teleported out of this realm. Thor didn't lead a bunch of Avengers to that realm to retrieve her. Thor didn't once say, "well she's probably not dead." they held a funeral. she showed her in the afterlife. they had Pym go through the grieving process. they took away the one possibility of her being alive in underspace. what clue are you seeing?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Ah comic book takebacks. Just like how Mockingbird was in hell.

Ugh someone got into a fight with Tom Brevoort about Mockingbird being in hell. They just would not let up and he was finally just like "Dude, nobody cares about that story. It's retconned. Get over it." It was hilarious.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Ugh someone got into a fight with Tom Brevoort about Mockingbird being in hell. They just would not let up and he was finally just like "Dude, nobody cares about that story. It's retconned. Get over it." It was hilarious.
    Yea, that's pretty much the attitude that they have. If they don't care about the characters enough to remember what happened to them, why should we? Just be glad that they still spell the names correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Yea, that's pretty much the attitude that they have. If they don't care about the characters enough to remember what happened to them, why should we? Just be glad that they still spell the names correctly.
    I don't think you should necessarily not care. But at the same time I think you need some sort of flexibility in regards to retcons, because that's just a part of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Except that it's not true that nobody cares about the story. It may not have been quite as good as the Oath, but the Dead Girl/Strange team-up was awesome.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think you should necessarily not care. But at the same time I think you need some sort of flexibility in regards to retcons, because that's just a part of the genre.
    I can understand them but at the time the Wasp's death was the capper to a major event, at least according to marvel. My own opinion at the time was that they just a dart against a wall full of names and the dart landed on Jan. To me this confirms it, a pointless show-death because they just wanted to end it with a death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I'm fine with it though. Retcons are one of the things you have to accept with the genre. It was only even funny because Bobbi returned several years ago at this point and the person whining did it only a few weeks ago.